coco cay walking distance

2 minutes ago, irish2005 said:

we are an older couple and cant walk too far. how far is it from the ship to chill island. is there any transportation to get there. thank you in advance

There are shuttles from the ship to the main entrance, and shuttles around the island.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, irish2005 said:

we are an older couple and cant walk too far. how far is it from the ship to chill island. is there any transportation to get there. thank you in advance

To be clearer, 2 shuttles seem to be running. One down the port area to the staging area for the shuttles that go around coco cay. Do take a shuttle. I walked there and was too much for me in the heat. 

My mum.struggled as well. So as soon as you get off the ship there is a waiting area. Shuttle busses pick you up from there. Some have high steps but most are ok. They drive you down the pier to another bus stop. You get off and have a seat and wait for the another shuttle bus. This one is bigger and drives around the island to lots of stops..the very friendly staff will tell you what area the bus is stopping at. Then when you leave the area, back on the bus to the bus stop off and get on another one to the pier and ship. You can get on and off as much as you like and its free. So its like a hope on and off bus route to all the different areas. 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

To be clearer, 2 shuttles seem to be running. One down the port area to the staging area for the shuttles that go around coco cay. Do take a shuttle. I walked there and was too much for me in the heat. 

To further Jane’s accurate comment I have these two images. 

From the pier to the transfer area is the red line. These are smaller shuttles. 

IMG_3044.thumb.jpeg.bd41ca6ad5dc9fc923d559ba64efe531.jpeg

The blue line I marked goes from transportation centre to Chill Island on a larger Disney style tram.  They run frequently and stop at a few locations along the way. 

IMG_3045.thumb.jpeg.52ec32eda357d74796e5666511ae50c0.jpeg

• Like 1

I was there last week.   I  needed assistance.  When you get off the ship you can ask for one of the handicap accessible shuttles if you need that.  If you do, see if Katrena is driving as she is  wonderful.   When you leave the island,  the shuttle will take you to the area where you get shuttles back to the ship.  Again, see if you can get Katrena, She really tries to help older persons.  

I was treated very badly by one shuttle driver, when leaving the Beach club,  and  by the woman dispatcher at the Depot .  The island overall is not conducive to the elderly in my opinion  but the Coco Cay Beach Club was still  an exceptional experience. 

5 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

My mum.struggled as well. So as soon as you get off the ship there is a waiting area. Shuttle busses pick you up from there. Some have high steps but most are ok. They drive you down the pier to another bus stop. You get off and have a seat and wait for the another shuttle bus. This one is bigger and drives around the island to lots of stops..the very friendly staff will tell you what area the bus is stopping at. Then when you leave the area, back on the bus to the bus stop off and get on another one to the pier and ship. You can get on and off as much as you like and its free. So its like a hope on and off bus route to all the different areas. 👍

There are also handicap-accessible shuttles that do have a pull-out ramp if you are unable to do the step-up.  Just let the attendant know while waiting to catch a shuttle at the ship.

7 hours ago, irish2005 said:

You can grab the trolley from the ship to the end of the port and then another one to take you to Chill Island or just walk across the bridge once you get off the pier and Chill Island is right there.