Summit now- 8/6/23 to 8/18 then will be B2B

SPacificbound

Day 3 on Summit, this is our first cruise(s) since 2017.

Staff on the ship is great as always and very helpful and attentive room attendant. 

Ship is in good shape, mattresses are comfortable. 

We are in Concierge so had lunch in the MDR shortly after boarding, it was good.

Other than that we go to the OVC. 

We have been to the two shows so far, and will this evening.

First night was a comedian, he was pretty good. Last night was December63, a vocal group, they were okay but probably will skip them when they are on again. 

We are feeling our way around after the 6 year absence. In Halifax today, it's mid 60s.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We’re with you on the B2B back to Boston! Agree with the ship condition, although we do notice rust on our balcony - could use some touching up.

Great staff, good food (MDR, OVC, and Cafe Al Bacio so far.)

Basic wifi is working well for us, once Guest Services manually switched us over after our free Elite minutes were used up.

27 minutes ago, bespin said:

We’re with you on the B2B back to Boston! Agree with the ship condition, although we do notice rust on our balcony - could use some touching up.

Great staff, good food (MDR, OVC, and Cafe Al Bacio so far.)

Basic wifi is working well for us, once Guest Services manually switched us over after our free Elite minutes were used up.

Yes, I too went to guest services to get switched over.

Yes, there is some rust on the balcony, and the tile floor in the bathroom could use a scrub brush cleaning, but for the most part the ship is in good shape for it's age.  🙂

• Like 1

Those cam pictures were the few minutes that the rain and fog cleared! Last night we had 12 - 15 foot swells with gale force(over 40 mph) winds— a real rocker. Today is not much better, only 9 - 12 ft swells with very, very dense fog that the fog horn is sounding constantly. Captain did explain all of that would be the expected!

Hal

• Like 1

Could you please post a daily program?  A simple screen shot of the paper one is fine.  Looking for two things aboard- a quiet place to read in the morning (like a library- no yukky piped-in music) and any signs of ballroom dancing.  The ship has 3/4? of a promenade deck for outside walking that I can see?   We have fond memories of the Constellation and a trip to Turkey way back when. 

1 hour ago, AtSeaAlways said:

a quiet place to read in the morning (like a library- no yukky piped-in music)

I’m currently sitting just forward of Sushi on 5. Technically it’s part of Cellar Masters but around the corner from it. Very quiet, just a hint of piped in music from the bar area, and little foot traffic. 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2023 at 2:18 PM, SPacificbound said:

Day 3 on Summit, this is our first cruise(s) since 2017.

Staff on the ship is great as always and very helpful and attentive room attendant. 

Ship is in good shape, mattresses are comfortable. 

We are in Concierge so had lunch in the MDR shortly after boarding, it was good.

Other than that we go to the OVC. 

We have been to the two shows so far, and will this evening.

First night was a comedian, he was pretty good. Last night was December63, a vocal group, they were okay but probably will skip them when they are on again. 

We are feeling our way around after the 6 year absence. In Halifax today, it's mid 60s.

What time was the Concierge lunch after boarding and where?  Was there an additional service fee applied?  Also, what time were you able to go into your cabin?  Can you drop off carryons?

5 hours ago, mrmj59 said:

What time was the Concierge lunch after boarding and where?  Was there an additional service fee applied?  Also, what time were you able to go into your cabin?  Can you drop off carryons?

Since our OP hasn't posted since last Tuesday I will answer your questions.  I don't know the hours of the concierge lunch but in the past it has been held in a section of the MDR.  It is limited to those booked in Concierge Class staterooms, B2B passengers and boarding Zenith level members of the Captain's Club.  There is no fee.  

Post covid Celebrity's policy has changed.  Now once you board you go to your stateroom.  Your seapass cards will be in your mail slot outside the stateroom door.  If the stateroom attendant is not finished his/her preparations for your stateroom there will a note on the door with wording something to the effect of "perfection in progress."  You are free to drop off your carry ons and put valuables in the safe.  Then leave to explore the ship.

We’re onboard right now. Our first time on Summit, so I can’t compare to previous, but overall, the ship is fine. Some cosmetic wear and tear in places - rust on balcony, some chips on OVC table top edges, some worn fabric on chairs in some lounges. We’ve enjoyed the entertainment; there are two enrichment speakers - one about football, the other is a naturalist, talking about wildlife and the Northern Lights. (His name is Brent Nixon - if he’s ever onboard one of your cruises, go to the theater early, because his talks are always a full house!)

I have to say that we’ve eaten most often in the OVC, partly because that way I’m better able to control portion sizes there, but also because the MDR menus have been generally uninspiring and I’ve always found something that appeals in the buffet. (We don’t do specialty dining.)

Weather-wise, we had rough-ish seas and gale force winds between Halifax and past St. John’s. There was rocking and rolling, but I didn’t think it was awful. The early sea days were foggy and chilly; Sunday in Qaqortoq and Monday in Prins Christian Sund (after the fog burned off) were 55F-ish and pleasant. Nights have been too cloudy/foggy for Northern Lights so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great to hear you have enrichment speakers! We are on the Summit for an 11 night NE/ Canada cruise next month. Hopefully Celebrity will have speakers on for that sailing, as the last 4 recent Celebrity cruises we have sailed have not had any. Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bespin said:

We’re onboard right now. Our first time on Summit, so I can’t compare to previous, but overall, the ship is fine. Some cosmetic wear and tear in places - rust on balcony, some chips on OVC table top edges, some worn fabric on chairs in some lounges. We’ve enjoyed the entertainment; there are two enrichment speakers - one about football, the other is a naturalist, talking about wildlife and the Northern Lights. (His name is Brent Nixon - if he’s ever onboard one of your cruises, go to the theater early, because his talks are always a full house!)

I have to say that we’ve eaten most often in the OVC, partly because that way I’m better able to control portion sizes there, but also because the MDR menus have been generally uninspiring and I’ve always found something that appeals in the buffet. (We don’t do specialty dining.)

Weather-wise, we had rough-ish seas and gale force winds between Halifax and past St. John’s. There was rocking and rolling, but I didn’t think it was awful. The early sea days were foggy and chilly; Sunday in Qaqortoq and Monday in Prins Christian Sund (after the fog burned off) were 55F-ish and pleasant. Nights have been too cloudy/foggy for Northern Lights so far.

Was the enrichment speaker talking about Real Football or Soccer?

5 hours ago, CruisinBanka said:

Great to hear you have enrichment speakers! We are on the Summit for an 11 night NE/ Canada cruise next month. Hopefully Celebrity will have speakers on for that sailing, as the last 4 recent Celebrity cruises we have sailed have not had any. Enjoy your cruise! 

Ooo we'll be on the same cruise in early October. Any info/impressions you can share will be much appreciated!

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 12:06 PM, mrmj59 said:

The Concierge lunch was about 2:00 in the MDR. Our boarding time was 1:00-1:30, we brought our carryon stuff up to the cabin and saw the invite for the lunch, so went down and were seated right away. There was no additional fee. Luggage got to us around 5 PM or so.