booking specialty dining on night 1 and night 2 using Diamond Plus discount, how do you do it?

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

I pre-booked boarding day lunch at a specialty restaurant for just myself and DH will join me once on the ship, and plan to use our BOGO for lunch. Have not tried this before, so hoping we're successful!

Please let us know if this works for you and on which ship. Enjoy!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

BOGO’s aren’t accepted at Hooked, so hopefully they will allow you to use it elsewhere later in the cruise.

I know that the free one can't be at Hooked but are you saying that I can't pay for my solo dinner at Hooked and get my free one at a different venue?

19 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I know that the free one can't be at Hooked but are you saying that I can't pay for my solo dinner at Hooked and get my free one at a different venue?

I really don’t know whether that would work since that restaurant doesn’t participate. All you can do is ask. I’d probably go to one of the other restaurants that you want to eat at when you board and explain that you are dining as a solo at Hooked and would like to use your BOGO in a different restaurant later in the week. The worst that can happen is you get a no answer.

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

Would be curious as to how this works out for you as I'm newly D+.  If the answer is no BOGO for solos, I'll seek out a fellow D+ solo on the roll call to dine with....twice.  I do the same on NCL with the loyalty BOGO's.  

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I was looking at booking Giovanni's for the first and second night  on the Voyager TA next May, since the DW and I are both diamond plus at the BOGO offer listed in the benefits page.  When I put it in the cart it charges me for both people.  Is this something you can only do on board?  Can you do it for both nights?  Just trying to figure out how to use this perk that we have never used in the past, even though we are about 1/2 way to Pinnacle.  

I know, you would think I would know this.  Consider me clueless.😆

thanks in advance

jc

FWIW.........once your cruise does become available on the Royal App you can on there book for just one person for the specialty restaurants.

Jimbo, if I do dinner by myself it will be in the Windjammer because dinner is about the DW, even though if she was single it would be cereal in bed.  I am just not going to deal with the effort on my own.  I have had dinner alone on a ship when they have an evening flowrider session, and we had a dinner booked, but that was with friends and she ate with them.  I always just go to the WJ or the Solarium if I am on a ship with that, and eat in 15 minutes.

jc

5 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Jimbo, if I do dinner by myself it will be in the Windjammer because dinner is about the DW, even though if she was single it would be cereal in bed.  I am just not going to deal with the effort on my own.  I have had dinner alone on a ship when they have an evening flowrider session, and we had a dinner booked, but that was with friends and she ate with them.  I always just go to the WJ or the Solarium if I am on a ship with that, and eat in 15 minutes.

jc

No I still mean you  still both go, just when you get there they add a place setting to the table and you both eat, one will be free with the BOGO Diamond Plus discount

I just went to our cruise next month online and I can still book for just one person..........is this something they are starting for 2024?

Edited by Jimbo

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Jimbo, have you actually done this?

years ago , yes.

What's the worse that can happen? They cancel my reduced price for one person? Then charge me the current onboard price, table is reserved, I'm sure they will let us eat.............By reserving like this at least we got the day and time we want and don't have to rush any where the first day trying to reserve the day and time we want with all the other passengers trying to reserve a time.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, orville99 said:

I really don’t know whether that would work since that restaurant doesn’t participate. All you can do is ask. I’d probably go to one of the other restaurants that you want to eat at when you board and explain that you are dining as a solo at Hooked and would like to use your BOGO in a different restaurant later in the week. The worst that can happen is you get a no answer.

Most of these rules are written based on 2 people using it, not for solo passengers. I read it as you can't go to Hooked with your wife and pay for your meal and get hers for free.  I am NOT trying to get anything for free at Hooked.  I want to go there, pay my $60 for dinner (estimate) then go to Giovannis and get my BOGO $40 (est) for free.  I am solo

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Jimbo, have you actually done this?

I have done this several times but it was many years ago.  Had mixed reviews.  A couple of times it kind of threw the staff for a loop when the 2 of us showed up.  Other times it worked well.  I don't think that they even adj our cost but this was way before COVID

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I have done this several times but it was many years ago.  Had mixed reviews.  A couple of times it kind of threw the staff for a loop when the 2 of us showed up.  Other times it worked well.  I don't think that they even adj our cost but this was way before COVID

Did it on Radiance in April and in Enchantment in May this year… will be doing it on Jewel next month.

Most of these rules are written based on 2 people using it, not for solo passengers. I read it as you can't go to Hooked with your wife and pay for your meal and get hers for free.  I am NOT trying to get anything for free at Hooked.  I want to go there, pay my $60 for dinner (estimate) then go to Giovannis and get my BOGO $40 (est) for free.  I am solo

You and I are both saying the same thing. You go to Hooked as a solo and pay for your meal. You also go to one of the other restaurants i.e. Chops that you want to use your BOGO at and let them know that since you will be dining (and paying) in Hooked you would like them to count that as satisfying the paid portion of your BOGO when you dine solo in Chops.

• Like 2

Have done this numerous times since the restart on a variety of ships with no issues.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I was looking at booking Giovanni's for the first and second night  on the Voyager TA next May, since the DW and I are both diamond plus at the BOGO offer listed in the benefits page.  When I put it in the cart it charges me for both people.  Is this something you can only do on board?  Can you do it for both nights?  

When you go to book, only choose one person for the reservation. Then go through the checkout process. If you choose two people, no, it will not discount one at checkout. When you get onboard, tell them you have two people and you want to use your BOGO. They will either just use the charge for the one you have booked and paid for already, or they will rebook the reservation at the onboard price for two and discount the second person.

I just did this for day 1. I wasn't going to try for day 2 until I was onboard because I wanted to see if I could get day 2 for another day of the cruise. If you do want to choose day 2 in advance, use the other person to book the second reservation.

Edited by marci22
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

years ago , yes.

What's the worse that can happen? They cancel my reduced price for one person? Then charge me the current onboard price, table is reserved, I'm sure they will let us eat.............By reserving like this at least we got the day and time we want and don't have to rush any where the first day trying to reserve the day and time we want with all the other passengers trying to reserve a time.

I am sure the success of this varies among ships and crew members, but if they tell me they can't do it oh well, I'll go to WJ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marci22 said:

When you go to book, only choose one person for the reservation. Then go through the checkout process. If you choose two people, no, it will not discount one at checkout. When you get onboard, tell them you have two people and you want to use your BOGO. They will either just use the charge for the one you have booked and paid for already, or they will rebook the reservation at the onboard price for two and discount the second person.

I just did this for day 1. I wasn't going to try for day 2 until I was onboard because I wanted to see if I could get day 2 for another day of the cruise. If you do want to choose day 2 in advance, use the other person to book the second reservation.

That is what we did,one reservation  in my name only,other night in my Wife's  name only.

Sorry, but my head is spinning.

So I cannot use my BOGO at Hooked even if I pay full price for the meal ?

What other restaurants are exempt from using full price BOGO ?  Obviously, Chef's Table but I don't consider that a "specialty restaurant".  Any of the other normal specialties that I can't use BOGO ?

5 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Sorry, but my head is spinning.

So I cannot use my BOGO at Hooked even if I pay full price for the meal ?

What other restaurants are exempt from using full price BOGO ?  Obviously, Chef's Table but I don't consider that a "specialty restaurant".  Any of the other normal specialties that I can't use BOGO ?

Capture.JPG

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Capture.JPG

Thanks !  We never bother with Izumi teppanyaki anyway so it will just affect Hooked.  Seems like an odd exemption to me.  I guess we will just use Hooked as one of our 3 for the 3 night plan and do one of the others as our BOGO.  That helps in the dinner lineup planning !!