Show me your medallion accessories!

Karkies25

I’m a long time Princess cruiser but haven’t sailed since they introduced the medallions. We sail soon and need help. 

There are so many accessories to carry/wear the medallions on Amazon, Etsy, Princess, etc. 

what accessory do you recommended and why? Any photos to share of your accessory?

thanks! 

1 minute ago, Karkies25 said:

I’m a long time Princess cruiser but haven’t sailed since they introduced the medallions. We sail soon and need help. 

There are so many accessories to carry/wear the medallions on Amazon, Etsy, Princess, etc. 

what accessory do you recommended and why? Any photos to share of your accessory?

thanks! 

We don’t like lanyards, so we bought the rubber bracelets from PCL once OB.  We wear those the most, because they are soft and comfortable.  
I also have fitbit bracelets, similar but don’t feel they are as secure holding the medallion.  Bought those back in 2018 when medallion first came out for our ship.

I also purchased the gold necklace holder, but it doesn’t reach the scanners off/on the ship. Or if you have to take it off to show the crew member, you have to pop it out. So not practical.

Also have the gold metal bracelet. Nice but runs small, so try it in first and it’s metal, so not comfortable.  Okay for formal night.

So, for ease if use, comfortable, etc, we like the Princess recycled rubber bracelet.  

• Thanks 1

I have the silver metal bracelet. I agree it fits very small. My wrists are tiny and I had to exchange mine for the larger size as the smaller one fit, but wasn’t comfortable. I liked the looser bangle fit. It is pricey, but I have worn it on 6 cruises so far and generally wear it all day, every day. I switch to the lanyard if we are ashore (tucked away 😜) as the medallion is only held into the bracelet by a magnet, and I don’t want it to get lost ashore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have used the lanyard, the silicone band from Princess, the silver bracelet from Princess (can’t wear it as it seemed to fit fine but is small and difficult to snap closed) and for our most recent cruise found these thanks to a recommendation here on CC.  It attached easily to my Apple Watch band and I loved it!  My husband, not so much.  He stuck with the silicone one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3TH31JT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

• Thanks 1

I bought the wristband OB a couple years ago. The Medallion sits in it, then you put the cover on which clicks in place (by turning it, not snapping in) quite securely. Comfortable and easy to use anywhere.

IMG_20230812_084838511.thumb.jpg.c8b38a0b968ebdb0c9cf79bcd831268b.jpg

IMG_20230812_084942734.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

20230812_090735.thumb.jpg.5ce81c6b51aaf224282442cbc4dd5e0a.jpg

2.5' reel. Never have to take it off

You could go fishin’ with that! 🤣

Do you put that in your pocket?

I never used mine yet. Anything in my DH’s pocket, seems to fall

out.  😆   So he uses the silicone bracelet.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You could go fishin’ with that! 🤣

Do you put that in your pocket?

I never used mine yet. Anything in my DH’s pocket, seems to fall

out.  😆   So he uses the silicone bracelet.

Never. It clips on my belt loop20230812_092202.thumb.jpg.da3d028450fa5d0c0c3760cc189f7456.jpg

• Like 1

This is one of the old plastic frames, with our modification on the back side of the medallion.  This cut way down on the constant "what's your room number?" questions and was much liked (and praised) by the staff.

The taped edges were so the frame would not pop open - and, the amount of extra drinks that showed up on our Plus plan seemed about the same before and after using the printed number.

image.jpeg.27819a88fb84d231bc73555a824ea359.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

wore mine out, I'm going to switch to one with wire rope.

One good reason I didn't go with a retractable. I used them at work for when I had meetings in Sacramento. Needed a badge to use the elevators. Broke the "line" on two of the things so don't trust them. Never knew there were ones with wire.

• Thanks 2