Stay Awhile

Hadn't seen this before, but just how long can you stay onboard after your cruise? Could be saving cost of a day room at hotel/luggage storage before a late flight.

Stay Awhile

From

£38.54 GBP / per adult
£30.68 GBP / per child

Reserve

Overview

Not ready to say goodbye? Neither are we. Join the Stay Awhile Program so you can extend the last day of your cruise, remain onboard and continue to enjoy everything the ship has to offer. We'll handle your luggage while you enjoy a late breakfast or lunch at Windjammer Café or relax on the pool deck. The ship is yours. So, relax, kick back, and stay awhile.

• Program allows each participating guest to remain onboard the ship while it is docked at the disembarkation port until the time that the ship requires all non-sailing guests to disembark the ship.

2 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

I haven't seen that before either... Might be port dependent... might be something new. It is not listed in my CP 

Just appeared in the Onboard Activities section of cruise planner. Sailing roundtrip from Ravenna start of October. 

4 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

I haven't seen that before either... Might be port dependent... might be something new. It is not listed in my CP 

It is not offered on ships sailing from the US.  It has been offered in the past on ships sailing outside the US.

• Like 2

You are allowed to stay on until 90 minutes before departure time for the sailing.  Only offered on select European sailings. It will be in the cruise planner if offered.  You are given special luggage tags and still required to leave luggage outside the door last night as usual. 

We did this on our first-ever cruise in Barcelona. We had an 11:00 pm flight so we wanted to stay on the ship as long as possible.

It was very weird (and sad) watching the ship fill up with new passengers and hearing all the "welcome aboard" announcements.  😢

• Like 1

3 hours ago, craig01020 said:

We did this on our first-ever cruise in Barcelona. We had an 11:00 pm flight so we wanted to stay on the ship as long as possible.

It was very weird (and sad) watching the ship fill up with new passengers and hearing all the "welcome aboard" announcements.  😢

How long were you able to stay on and were you able to make a purchase for alcohol or a specialty lunch. 

11 hours ago, craig01020 said:

That would be my thoughts, I can think of nothing worse waiting to go home being surrounded by excited new cruisers and hearing welcome aboard announcements.

I would rather be sat at the airport...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

It is not offered on ships sailing from the US.  It has been offered in the past on ships sailing outside the US.

Wish it was, flying back  to UK all our flights are in the evening when cruising from the USA. 

We usually book a day room in a hotel near the airport so not much more I guess.

I'm presuming this stay awhile programme doesn't give you access to a cabin ? 

Edited by sgmn

9 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

How long were you able to stay on and were you able to make a purchase for alcohol or a specialty lunch?

It's been a few years, but I believe we hung around the buffet only. Didn't purchase any drinks. We debarked around 1:00 pm.

7 hours ago, JamesEM said:

The ship will not allow b-2-b passengers to be processed for the next cruise until they have a zero  count which is around 9/10 a.m.

That's a US Customs rule, this program is only available in Europe because they do not have the zero count rule