Just got an email outlining the "NEW" offerings

canadarocks

I notice that the letter above makes no distinction between the "old" Plus and Premier and the "new" Plus and Premier packages. It doesn't tell folks that, if they have the older packages, they will now have to pay.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I got the email today, I have the Plus-50 and this was at the bottom of the email.  I cruise in 21 days.

You currently have a package that doesn’t include these new benefits. But you can easily upgrade your package in the Cruise Personalizer® to take advantage of these additional perks.

I’m not going to upgrade, 2 pizzas aren’t worth the $144 or so it would cost to upgrade.

Edited by irishgirl
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, irishgirl said:

I got the email today, I have the Plus-50 and this was at the bottom of the email.

You currently have a package that doesn’t include these new benefits. But you can easily upgrade your package in the Cruise Personalizer® to take advantage of these additional perks.

I’m not going to upgrade, 2 pizzas aren’t worth the $144 or so it would cost to upgrade.

Yes!   That’s what mine says!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, irishgirl said:

I got the email today, I have the Plus-50 and this was at the bottom of the email.  I cruise in 21 days.

that's what mine said, but didn't mention the cost to me, it just said 60.00 80.00

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I notice that the letter above makes no distinction between the "old" Plus and Premier and the "new" Plus and Premier packages. It doesn't tell folks that, if they have the older packages, they will now have to pay.

If you look at the fine print at the bottom it does; not sure if OP included It. 

We had no idea this change was in the works! Pizza from Alfredos has been a favorite, am I reading this correctly that nothing at Alfredos is included in the free dining options? A la Cart items cost as well.

Going from free to $60 plus gratuity for a quick meal for a family of four sure seems like bait and switch, especially for a cruise we booked over a year ago that leaves in 4 weeks!

Combined with the completely broken app and web access (still can't order a medallion), this may be our swan song on Princess!

"Alfredo's and Gigi's by Alfredo will now join these other locations in adding a nominal cover charge of $14.99 for the prix fixe meals, with a la carte items also available for purchase."

1 minute ago, jwattle said:

If you look at the fine print at the bottom it does; not sure if OP included It. 

Okay, thanks to all who pointed out the verbiage at the bottom of their email. However, it wasn't included in the letter shown in the initial post of this thread so I wasn't aware of it. I have yet to receive notice regarding the changes. We sail September 26.

• Like 2

I am a planner.  I book vacations a year in advance so I can plan.  I like to know everything, including the cost, as far in advance as possible.  (My poor family, I know…). This “fabulous addition” has been my undoing.  I just want to know exactly what I’ve paid for, what is included and what I can expect as extra fees.  Is it really that difficult to send booking specific emails that outline exactly what we have, and any additional costs we may be forced to add if we want to utilize then?

• Like 5

We sail September 16 - we are in a suite which I mention only because I guess I will have to go down to the kitchen and pick up dinner myself if I chose to order from the menus (something which we have never done)  Something about how they made sure to include notice that they had the right to change or revoke any offer that we had previous booked under just doesn't sit right with me.  Feels like they giving me the middle one and telling me I had just better learn to like it.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do I read the new announcement correctly in that IF you do NOT use the OceanReady delivery app then you will not be charged the incremental $14.99, or is it an automatic new charge regardless of whether you use OceanReady or not? Thanks for any thoughts....

46 minutes ago, whitecap said:

We just got the email as well (sailing Jan 2024)however, there is a contradiction between the email and the Princess website. 

Website, under FAQ states that the $5 room service fee only applies to room service orders "placed by stateroom phone"

The email states:  OceanNow delivery:  To ensure you can have whatever you need during your cruise delivered directly to you, a nominal access fee of $14.99 per guest per voyage will now apply to OceanNow deliver." 

Next paragraph:  Room service fee:  "A $5 delivery fee will be charged for all room service orders (except complimentary stateroom breakfast orders).

No where does it exempt those that have paid the OceanNow fee.   

Am I confused or is this just another poorly written message from them.

No because the Ocean Now orders are different from orders place over the phone. Two different devices pick which one you want to use

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oceanpalace said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do I read the new announcement correctly in that IF you do NOT use the OceanReady delivery app then you will not be charged the incremental $14.99, or is it an automatic new charge regardless of whether you use OceanReady or not? Thanks for any thoughts....

No if you don’t pay it that just means you can’t order via the app. No use no charge

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, whitecap said:

We just got the email as well (sailing Jan 2024)however, there is a contradiction between the email and the Princess website. 

Website, under FAQ states that the $5 room service fee only applies to room service orders "placed by stateroom phone"

The email states:  OceanNow delivery:  To ensure you can have whatever you need during your cruise delivered directly to you, a nominal access fee of $14.99 per guest per voyage will now apply to OceanNow deliver." 

Next paragraph:  Room service fee:  "A $5 delivery fee will be charged for all room service orders (except complimentary stateroom breakfast orders).

No where does it exempt those that have paid the OceanNow fee.   

Am I confused or is this just another poorly written message from them.

There isn't any contradiction that I can see.  It's not really even poorly written because the two things you have bolded are completely separate and have nothing to do with each other.

1.  If you order from the OceanNow delivery on the app you will be charged a one-time $14.99 per voyage fee.  You can order as many times as you want and have it delivered to wherever you want for the one $14.99 fee (including your stateroom).

2.  If you pick up the telephone in your cabin and order room service you will be charged a $5.00 fee.  Every time.  There are no exceptions for this fee just because you've also used the OceanNow app and paid that $14.99 fee.    

I hope that I explained this alright.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

I notice they did not reference the shipping fees for medallion delivered to your home. That was noted before as included with plus and premier?

There's no longer an option to ship medallions for a $10 fee, so they can no longer place a $ value. Ordering defaults to this:

*Pickup should read Pick up on the app.

Screenshot_20230814-155849_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Can't speak to exactly what you received but my email had the "blue text" exactly as the OP posted.

Okay, my bad. Missed the hidden (GIANT) box at the bottom of the letter with the disclaimer. D'Oh!

I haven't received the letter yet but I can only imagine the "joy" with which people will receive this info telling them they no longer qualify for what they paid for.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

There isn't any contradiction that I can see.  It's not really even poorly written because the two things you have bolded are completely separate and have nothing to do with each other.

1.  If you order from the OceanNow delivery on the app you will be charged a one-time $14.99 per voyage fee.  You can order as many times as you want and have it delivered to wherever you want for the one $14.99 fee (including your stateroom).

2.  If you pick up the telephone in your cabin and order room service you will be charged a $5.00 fee.  Every time.  There are no exceptions for this fee just because you've also used the OceanNow app and paid that $14.99 fee.    

I hope that I explained this alright.  

Where does it mention a phone?  I'm reading this as "all room service orders..." no mention of placing by phone. 

Screenshot_20230814-150823_Outlook.jpg

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, irishgirl said:

Agreed, my upgrade would be $280 for two of us.  I don't go on cruises to eat pizza anyway - lots of great pizza restaurants in my city, so I'll pay the $14.95 that I was not expecting to have to simply and not buy gifts on board.

• Like 1

I know that they say like but I’ll be on the Crown:

Expanded casual dining options: Delicious prix fixe menus have been added to casual dining restaurants like Planks, Steamers, Alfredo's, Gigi's by Alfredo, Ocean Terrace and Kai Sushi. They’re available for a nominal cover charge of $14.99

I don’t think the Crown doesn’t have any of those restaurants. 

Edited by Prost Seattle

7 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Where does it mention a phone?  I'm reading this as "all room service orders..." no mention of placing by phone. 

Ocean Now delivery is specifically orders via the app - which is from the phone.

I got the notification email.  We had the old Plus plan, $50 pp.  It says we can upgrade to the new Plus plan which is $60pp so I click on upgrade now.  When I get to the page that offers plus or premier upgrades, it says PURCHASED under Plus.  But my booking shows the old Plus plan - $50.  So I'm confused.  They inform me I have to upgrade but then they tell me I've purchased it but I haven't.  They need to get their act together.  I'm not happy about spending more money and now this.  I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my cruise.  Adding perks I don't even want in order to keep my Plus plan is very irritating. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 1cruiselvr said:

I got the notification email.  We had the old Plus plan, $50 pp.  It says we can upgrade to the new Plus plan which is $60pp so I click on upgrade now.  When I get to the page that offers plus or premier upgrades, it says PURCHASED under Plus.  But my booking shows the old Plus plan - $50.  So I'm confused.  They inform me I have to upgrade but then they tell me I've purchased it but I haven't.  They need to get their act together.  I'm not happy about spending more money and now this.  I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my cruise.  Adding perks I don't even want in order to keep my Plus plan is very irritating. 

You still have the Plus plan (the old  version).

You only need to upgrade IF you want all the "NEW" features, some of which used to be free.

You can also pay for only those things when/if you use them, which for most people is cheaper than upgrading.

• Like 3