Just got an email outlining the "NEW" offerings

canadarocks

25 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Was just on the majestic a few weeks ago.  The pizza in the buffet is definitely NOT Alfredo's.  It is thin crust similar to what is served at Slice on ships that have them, not the thicker crust like seared at Alfredos.  

I'm pretty sure the cooks at Alfredo's took a dough ball and stretched it out more to achieve a bigger pizza and a thinner crust.

36 minutes ago, Thrak said:

This is a pet peeve of mine. All of the perks I paid for show up in the personalizer as  as "compliments of" my TA. People see the listing and are fooled into believing their TA "gifted" the perks to them.

Goes along with the advertising that says "drinks and internet and crew appreciation are free with certain fares."

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

We're browsing the Princess website tonight, and clicked on "What's Included" (see image)

Screenshot 2023-08-15 7.48.43 PM.png

Thanks for this as according to the above, the MedallionClass experience includes ordering food and drinks in with the Standard fare, not an optional add-on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Thanks for this as according to the above, the MedallionClass experience includes ordering food and drinks in with the Standard fare, not an optional add-on.

1 hour ago, villauk said:

It says it's included on one page and says that it is not included on another. Super frustrating. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

That's how much it costs to activate your app.  What part of the anti Princess mountain are you planting your flag that makes you so disgruntled as to no longer cruise on Princess? Otherwise known as which change are you most upset about?  I chose the 14.99 since the $5.00 room service charge is eliminated if you pay the 14.99.  Or did you visit Alfredo's every day and now since it's become a casual pay location instead of complimentary, that is where you'll fly your flag? 

I often eat at Alfredo's because I can get a vegan pizza which is not available at other venues on the ship. I sail next week, and making these changes at the last moment will either cost me additional fees, or decrease my options. Either one is a negative for me. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gone9ers said:

I often eat at Alfredo's because I can get a vegan pizza which is not available at other venues on the ship. I sail next week, and making these changes at the last moment will either cost me additional fees, or decrease my options. Either one is a negative for me. 

Your options are not decreased.  If you have the plus 60 or premier 80 package, you can visit Alfredo's either two times or unlimited times and get the 14.99 prix fix menu of 3 courses of your choice.  If you have the standard fare, you can go to Alfredo's and if you don't want the 3 course meal, you can get a pizza a la carte and pay whatever they are charging.  Supposedly it's 8.50 on the older ships in the fleet and it's been reported as both 8.50 as well as 12.50 on the newer ships in the fleet.  I saw the 12.50 charge on another thread. 

54 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Your options are not decreased.  If you have the plus 60 or premier 80 package, you can visit Alfredo's either two times or unlimited times and get the 14.99 prix fix menu of 3 courses of your choice.  If you have the standard fare, you can go to Alfredo's and if you don't want the 3 course meal, you can get a pizza a la carte and pay whatever they are charging.  Supposedly it's 8.50 on the older ships in the fleet and it's been reported as both 8.50 as well as 12.50 on the newer ships in the fleet.  I saw the 12.50 charge on another thread. 

@gone9ers said these changes will either cost additonal fees or decrease options.  You have addressed the latter but not the former.

Okay, options may not be decreased.  But those options will now cost an additional fee.  When I booked my upcoming cruise for September it was clearly advertised as including Alfredo's, ordering via Medallion or room service.  I haven't had any official notification from Princess yet, don't know if I will, but I suspect many passengers on the cruise will turn up not knowing about the changes. 

It isn't the amount of the extra charges that annoys me, it's the principle of it.  I booked a cruise which included certain things but now if I want those things I'll have to pay extra.

If I booked a hotel at a price which included bed and breakfast, I wouldn't expect to get there and be charged extra for breakfast because between booking and my arrival, the hotel had changed their policy and applied it to my reservation retrospectively.   

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Tigrou said:

If I booked a hotel at a price which included bed and breakfast, I wouldn't expect to get there and be charged extra for breakfast because between booking and my arrival, the hotel had changed their policy and applied it to my reservation retrospectively.   

I don't think you are comparing apples with apples.  You booked a cruise with options for no-cost food and options for food at a cost.  All they have done is made one of the multiple no-cost options into a cost option.  They will still feed you as much as you like for the duration of your cruise for free.

4 hours ago, villauk said:

Definitely not updated..yet.  It has not been fully implemented fleet wide yet.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, villauk said:

Perhaps in 6 mths or so the website will be in sync in all the various areas where Princess has information.  And then the cycle will have to start all over again because something else will have changed.  It has been obvious for years that they have poor reviewing of all their website information to make sure it is accurate and matching other pages.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SCX22 said:

I'm pretty sure the cooks at Alfredo's took a dough ball and stretched it out more to achieve a bigger pizza and a thinner crust.

Tasted totally different. Had both. 

Physical size of the pizza in the buffet not any larger than Alfredos. About the size of the room service pizza.

Edited by ldtr

7 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

No, because the Crown Grill is a prix fix only per person charge with no a la carte pricing.  Whereas Alfredo's will be offering a la carte pricing and the one menu I saw posted on another thread did not have any fine print that disallowed sharing.  So, if sharing is indeed allowed, then two people could split the 14.99 meal for lunch.   If they insist on two people paying, then the second person can order a 3.00 dessert and the first two courses could be shared.

Good workaround.

So discouraged with Princess that I sent the below email to Mr. Padgett and to all the VP's on Aug 15th.  Note:  I did sign the email and provided my contact information.

Dear Mr. Padgett;

I am writing to express my concern regarding the latest changes that Disney, uh, Princess has made to the Plus and Premier Drink Packages including the higher cost and the removal of previously “no cost” items to the drink packages that are now at a cost.  As I have reviewed these changes along with the ever-diminishing loyalty amenities, I find myself describing the current situation as “Mickey Mouse” like and wondering if the person(s) who developed these changes and those that approved them are from another world, maybe Pluto?  

These changes, which by the way seem to have started when a former Disney executive joined Princess, have caused many conversations among the most loyal of Princess cruisers and almost to a tea cup they agree that the diminished loyalty amenities and current changes are just plain Goofy.  Things are so confusing that not even Buzz Light Year can keep up.  Donald and Daisy can’t Duck fast enough from all the disparaging comments.  When the Pixie dust settled, even Tinker Bell couldn’t calm the masses.  

Although I have written this with tongue in cheek, I still find myself asking:

Is the new goal of Princess to replace loyal cruises with first time/family cruisers?

Has Princess decided to no longer be the standout cruise line by simply just becoming more like Royal Caribbean?

Has the reduction of Elite in cabin amenities really reduced operational cost, significantly?

Did anyone consider that charging a fee for room service will reduce the “tips” received by room service staff or will room service staff get the $5.00 or a share of the $14.99?

Did anyone consider how adding a fee to a previously free food venue would be accepted by cruisers?

Did anyone consider grandfathering in those passengers who had already purchased drink packages as a show of loyalty?

Why weren’t ALL BOOKED PASSENGERS, regardless of whether or not they had purchased a drink package, informed of the changes, and here are the crucial words, before implementation?

Why is the email just sent out to booked passengers in conflict with the Princess website (FAQ’s) regarding the room service fee, $5.00 and the $14.99 OceanNow fee?  

Luckily for most, we are no Dumbos and we can, with the help of Aladdin’s lamp, see a Simba of things to come.  Princess must remain the standout cruise line, Elsa we may have to look elsewhere.

Sincerely,

A Very Loyal Princess Cruiser, disheartened and now sitting on the fence.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Definitely not updated..yet.  It has not been fully implemented fleet wide yet.

No, but it will be on my sailing in a couple of days and as I still haven’t received any notification from Princess, this highlights exactly what I should be getting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

Yep. September 26 - November 29.

We should be too, but not for as long as you.  

Were you able to secure the same cabin for the duration?

Minibar replenishment with each segment?

Looking at excursions, this gave us a chuckle:

"Local buses are used for tour transportation. Buses have bench seats, no microphones and no storage to accommodate walkers or wheelchairs. Tour guides are high school seniors. What they may lack in professional skills is made up by their local knowledge, friendliness and enthusiasm."

My partner asked "is the tour guide driving too like they do in Alaska?"

Edited by startedwithamouse

7 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

We should be too, but not for as long as you.  

Were you able to secure the same cabin for the duration?

Minibar replenishment with each segment?

Looking at excursions, this gave us a chuckle:

"Local buses are used for tour transportation. Buses have bench seats, no microphones and no storage to accommodate walkers or wheelchairs. Tour guides are high school seniors. What they may lack in professional skills is made up by their local knowledge, friendliness and enthusiasm."

My partner asked "is the tour guide driving too like they do in Alaska?"

Sounds like Samoa. And yes, they too sometimes drive the truck or bus, if that’s what you want to call it.  Beautiful people! 

3 hours ago, Tigrou said:

@gone9ers said these changes will either cost additonal fees or decrease options.  You have addressed the latter but not the former.

Okay, options may not be decreased.  But those options will now cost an additional fee.  When I booked my upcoming cruise for September it was clearly advertised as including Alfredo's, ordering via Medallion or room service.  I haven't had any official notification from Princess yet, don't know if I will, but I suspect many passengers on the cruise will turn up not knowing about the changes. 

It isn't the amount of the extra charges that annoys me, it's the principle of it.  I booked a cruise which included certain things but now if I want those things I'll have to pay extra.

Someone shared a PDF with me showing the pricing.  $12 for a pizza.  I will try to attach it here, but if it does not work because it is a PDF, then I can guarantee you it reads $12

Alfredos-2.pdf

1 hour ago, whitecap said:

So discouraged with Princess that I sent the below email to Mr. Padgett and to all the VP's on Aug 15th.  Note:  I did sign the email and provided my contact information.

Dear Mr. Padgett;

I am writing to express my concern regarding the latest changes that Disney, uh, Princess has made to the Plus and Premier Drink Packages including the higher cost and the removal of previously “no cost” items to the drink packages that are now at a cost.  As I have reviewed these changes along with the ever-diminishing loyalty amenities, I find myself describing the current situation as “Mickey Mouse” like and wondering if the person(s) who developed these changes and those that approved them are from another world, maybe Pluto?  

These changes, which by the way seem to have started when a former Disney executive joined Princess, have caused many conversations among the most loyal of Princess cruisers and almost to a tea cup they agree that the diminished loyalty amenities and current changes are just plain Goofy.  Things are so confusing that not even Buzz Light Year can keep up.  Donald and Daisy can’t Duck fast enough from all the disparaging comments.  When the Pixie dust settled, even Tinker Bell couldn’t calm the masses.  

Although I have written this with tongue in cheek, I still find myself asking:

Is the new goal of Princess to replace loyal cruises with first time/family cruisers?

Has Princess decided to no longer be the standout cruise line by simply just becoming more like Royal Caribbean?

Has the reduction of Elite in cabin amenities really reduced operational cost, significantly?

Did anyone consider that charging a fee for room service will reduce the “tips” received by room service staff or will room service staff get the $5.00 or a share of the $14.99?

Did anyone consider how adding a fee to a previously free food venue would be accepted by cruisers?

Did anyone consider grandfathering in those passengers who had already purchased drink packages as a show of loyalty?

Why weren’t ALL BOOKED PASSENGERS, regardless of whether or not they had purchased a drink package, informed of the changes, and here are the crucial words, before implementation?

Why is the email just sent out to booked passengers in conflict with the Princess website (FAQ’s) regarding the room service fee, $5.00 and the $14.99 OceanNow fee?  

Luckily for most, we are no Dumbos and we can, with the help of Aladdin’s lamp, see a Simba of things to come.  Princess must remain the standout cruise line, Elsa we may have to look elsewhere.

Sincerely,

A Very Loyal Princess Cruiser, disheartened and now sitting on the fence.

if I was JP and saw that it somehow made it to my desk - first off I would toss it in the shredder at Mickey Mouse, then have a discussion with the person responsible for screening my mail/email before it gets to me.🤬

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

if I was JP and saw that it somehow made it to my desk - first off I would toss it in the shredder at Mickey Mouse, then have a discussion with the person responsible for screening my mail/email before it gets to me.🤬

Well, lucky for me, you aren't JP.  Hopefully, those that received it will read it in its entirety and understand the confusion they have caused.  And hopefully, it will make one or two of them chuckle.  Some people need to lighten up and not take things so seriously.  And now, its off to the Magic Kingdom, a ride on Its A Small World and a hot dog at Casey's Corner, see you real soon (In case you aren't old enough to remember, that's from the Mickey Mouse Club song.)  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, whitecap said:

Well, lucky for me, you aren't JP.  Hopefully, those that received it will read it in its entirety and understand the confusion they have caused.  And hopefully, it will make one or two of them chuckle.  Some people need to lighten up and not take things so seriously.  And now, its off to the Magic Kingdom, a ride on Its A Small World and a hot dog at Casey's Corner, see you real soon (In case you aren't old enough to remember, that's from the Mickey Mouse Club song.)  🤣

Y - because we like you

Donald Duck

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Were they 17-year-old high school students?

We had a HS student driving and was also the guide.

He was 18. It was more like a open truck with benches. 
I have to say, excellent driver and guide. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

while I appreciate the sentiment, and agree with it, the executives are not reading emails or letters addressed to them.  They are going to some secretary or team of customer service reps who may or may not read them and may or may not respond.

I agree, which is why I tried to make it stand out in hopes it would garner attention.  We'll see.

• Like 1