NOW I have a problem with the new Suite policies

sixpackeddie

If they are truly going to charge only SS guests extra for the 2nd lobster tail, that is so tacky. I can just imagine the waiter in Luminae quietly telling someone sorry but you are in the cheap seats so you will have to ante up.  What a joke.  Also why wasn't this disclosed in all the emails and communications with corporate when people complained about the change to the butlers?  This is what everyone has an issue with they are very non-transparent when they make changes to services that guests already paid for.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Pinboy said:

sixpackeddie

Labatt Cinquante ?? (Labatt 50)--- just a six pack ?? 

LOL----No wonder only room service from Lumaine is available.

No suite, don't need a Butler , a few $$ for room service, a few $$ for another lobster tail, a child here or there, great service , plus a few $$ for our Room Steward , good food and lots to select from, $$ for Specialty Restaurants, etc.etc--- It's all good !!

Now, if they would only cancel the Newlywed game and the Silent Disco and continue the golf putting contest--- what could be better ??

IMO--- tooooo many nit-pickin complaints--- don't like the cost, don't go .

Y’a rien qui LABATT

1 hour ago, Joker54 said:

As for price increases - we are in the Iconic on the Beyond Jan 24, there is only 1 room left on that cruise and its a Penthouse - which if you booked it today you would pay more for that PH than we paid for the Iconic............ Its a popular cruise so the price might be justified but just seems a bit high for a PH with zip for a balcony...

Cheers

I just saw that today, we are booked on the same cruise in March 2024 in a RS and December 2024 in a PH for way less than that price.  However, I'm seriously expecting Celebrity to cancel  or reroute the Beyond PC sailings.  Just hope it happens before our final payment is due.

33 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

If they are truly going to charge only SS guests extra for the 2nd lobster tail, that is so tacky. I can just imagine the waiter in Luminae quietly telling someone sorry but you are in the cheap seats so you will have to ante up.  What a joke.  Also why wasn't this disclosed in all the emails and communications with corporate when people complained about the change to the butlers?  This is what everyone has an issue with they are very non-transparent when they make changes to services that guests already paid for.

And imagine if someone in a SS is dining with someone in a CS or above.  How would that go over.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

That doesn’t make sense as another thread reports that Blu does not have a charge for a 2nd lobster. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

None of this may be a good idea for us any longer...so much brain damage.

From Celebrity or from this website?  I worry about the changes but I do think I’ll have a good cruise.

8 hours ago, mnocket said:

I'm afraid some Celebrity loyalists are being forced to re-experience the feelings they had when their first girlfriend/boyfriend broke up with them.  In this case it's Celebrity saying "I'm sorry, I just don't feel that way about you anymore".

stepbrothers-dont-leave-me.gif

And others on this board are like... 🙂

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

There’s a current thread about how Blu will allow you two (or more) lobster tails, that being the case, I’d be surprised if Luminae didn’t, even for people in lowly Sky Suites, which are, after all, supposed to be a step above Aqua.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

None of this may be a good idea for us any longer...so much brain damage.

Agreed.  Having to proactively monitor all possible changes, worry about possible cancelations, etc. is not at all instilling confidence, wonderfulness or anything positive other than distrust.  

And, this is an old criticism, but charging  for gelato is about as tacky as charging for an extra lobster.  They really are looking for ways to make it impossible to garner praise or make a cruise fun. 

Edited by Cap_D
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cap_D said:

Meanwhile the reviews of MSC Yacht Club reflect butler service that seems to be geared to going above and beyond, and very much needed due to the configuration and number of passengers outside of Yacht Club.  

Pretty evident Retreat is not the product it was, far too rigid, inflexible for the amount paid. How soon before an enterprising solo traveler or anyone not in Retreat begin to provide a door dash type service?  Considering the number of crew, how one that is paying over a thousand a day for a big room and table can't get a grilled steak (or anything else) brought to their room makes no sense. There are plenty of crew to be able to pick up and drop of to a few rooms, on occasion. 

How is the food in the Yacht club? 

11 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

Agreed.  Having to proactively monitor all possible changes, worry about possible cancelations, etc. is not at all instilling confidence, wonderfulness or anything positive other than distrust.  

And, this is an old criticism, but charging  for gelato is about as tacky as charging for an extra lobster.  They really are looking for ways to make it impossible to garner praise or make a cruise fun. 

Well I enjoy traveling in suites because they charge me MORE for the gelato.  That’s when you know you’re special.

2 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

What lobster in Luminae are you talking about?  Our last two Retreat cruises the only lobster I saw were the lobster rolls the first day lunch and a lobster salad starter one night with 2 bites of chewy lobster. This was on the Reflection last August from Rome and the Equinox 2 months ago from FLL.  I am not a fan of cruise ship warm water lobster tails so it was not that big of a deal but here are people posting about Luminae lobster tails.

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

What lobster in Luminae are you talking about?  Our last two Retreat cruises the only lobster I saw were the lobster rolls the first day lunch and a lobster salad starter one night with 2 bites of chewy lobster. This was on the Reflection last August from Rome and the Equinox 2 months ago from FLL.  I am not a fan of cruise ship warm water lobster tails so it was not that big of a deal but here are people posting about Luminae lobster tails.

I see lobster on my upcoming cruise in Luminae the same night they have it in the main dining.  Although Luminae lobster dish is supposed to be different.

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Well I enjoy traveling in suites because they charge me MORE for the gelato.  That’s when you know you’re special.

I am so happy that I made it to Elite before I depart Celebrity, I can get my free scoop of gelato and a free bag of laundry next month.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

I am so happy that I made it to Elite before I depart Celebrity, I can get my free scoop of gelato and a free bag of laundry next month.

Enjoy.  Personally, I don't particularly like the Gelato, but that's a personal choice of course.

5 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I see lobster on my upcoming cruise in Luminae the same night they have it in the main dining.  Although Luminae lobster dish is supposed to be different.

On the Equinox in June the night that the MDR had lobster, we had "Surf and Turf" in Luminae, but it was Pork belly and scallops. Last year on the Reflection the Luminae surf and turf was a NY steak with 3 grilled shrimp on top. I will say both of the above dishes were very good and for me preferable to the usually disappointing lobster and tiny fillet.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

On the Equinox in June the night that the MDR had lobster, we had "Surf and Turf" in Luminae, but it was Pork belly and scallops. Last year on the Reflection the Luminae surf and turf was a NY steak with 3 grilled shrimp on top.

Some day I’ll learn why people like lobster.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Some day I’ll learn why people like lobster.

Spending time in New England spoiled me for lobster anywhere else, especially on a cruise ship. Next year we are doing a HAL cruise from Boston to Montreal and I know I can go ashore and get some of the best Lobster, scallops, clams, and oysters in the world.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Spending time in New England spoiled me for lobster anywhere else, especially on a cruise ship.

Terry I like your posts but you can’t see that Celebrity is doing you a favor?  🥸

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

And imagine if someone in a SS is dining with someone in a CS or above.  How would that go over.

we were in Blu with a Premium drink package and ordered Pelegrino water  . The couple near us ordered Peligrino water.  The server leaned in, but we heard, “Your package does not include that sir”.    He was embarrassed.  Going to see more of that I m afraid

33 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

we were in Blu with a Premium drink package and ordered Pelegrino water  . The couple near us ordered Peligrino water.  The server leaned in, but we heard, “Your package does not include that sir”.    He was embarrassed.  Going to see more of that I m afraid

Pardon me.  Do you have any San Pellegrino?

But of course!

Inspired by the Grey Poupon commercial.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I hope you have been getting the gelato since you were at the Classic level.  

• Like 2