NOW I have a problem with the new Suite policies

sixpackeddie

11 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I never noticed anything special about the Luminae breakfast menu.  The only thing I  noticed was the pastries were larger than in the MDR,

Smoked Salmon is better quality plus more options such as the French toast, Huveros Rancheros, crepes and the delicious dolce de leche croissant!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Our limited post pandemic SS in-room mini bar experiences, which amounts to the Apex and Reflection at one night each, was that the soft drinks, water of all brands, and beer was complimentary and replenished. The spirits and wine would be chargeable. 

Which is why I was confused.  But then, my husband says I’m always confused.  😭

I’m just mad they stick with Dewar’s scotch in the minibar instead of Johnnie Walker Black.

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Which is why I was confused.  But then, my husband says I’m always confused.  😭

I’m just mad they stick with Dewar’s scotch in the minibar instead of Johnnie Walker Black.

I got Mccallan 12 year old in my fridge last year for free, that I exchanged for Old Kentucky rot gut.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I got Mccallan 12 year old in my fridge last year for free, that I exchanged for Old Kentucky rot gut.

Hmm.  Full size bottle or mini?  For free not a bar setup package?  That’s what I normally drink at home.

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Hmm.  Full size bottle or mini?  For free not a bar setup package?  That’s what I normally drink at home.

I also had the Sam Adams Lager changed out to Milwaukee's Best. The booze was all mini.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

If there is an option to order Luminae breakfast from room service is the menu in the app?

Not in a Sky Suite, I asked for this from a former butler when they were still dedicated personal butlers. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, terrydtx said:

I also had the Sam Adams Lager changed out to Milwaukee's Best. The booze was all mini.

How many minis will fit in the fridge?  I need to leave room for the Coca Cola to go with it.

Is there a price list for what they are “supposed” to charge for mini bottles?

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

How many minis will fit in the fridge?  I need to leave room for the Coca Cola to go with it.

Is there a price list for what they are “supposed” to charge for mini bottles?

I have never seen a price list as we were lucky to have a butler who suppled everything free in all 5 post Covid Retreat cruises.

3 hours ago, sixpackeddie said:

We are currently on the Reflection in an upper level suite.

There are currently only 3 butlers on our ship that take care of Celebrity Suites and above. All the Sky suites are being taken care of by 2 Butlers from Michael’s Club. 

On the Reflection, I counted 20 upper suites (Celebrity Suites and above).

That means each of the 3 butlers assigned to the 20 upper suites would serve about 7 suites.

This is a VAST improvement before the latest changes.  Previously, our "dedicated" butler when we stayed in an upper suite may be assigned up to 18 suites total.

Hopefully, for the OP, this translates into butler service that should be much, much better than before, notwithstanding no specialty dining room service.

The folks getting Royally Screwed(*) are in Sky Suites with the 2 assigned butlers.

* "Royally Screwed" is a trademark of Royal Caribbean.  All rights reserved.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

1 minute ago, CalTexCruiser said:

"Royally Screwed" is a trademark of Royal Caribbean.  All rights reserved

I like that instead of being Royalized, which is what the new CEO of Celebrity is doing her best to accomplish.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Just so long as they don’t charge extra for toilet paper or remove the Bigelow products, then I’m good.

uh oh.. Bigelow may be choppd next?  

Heard not in use in some cabins..there was a thread recently!

18 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

@CalTexCruiserThere are 27 Celebrity Suites and above on Reflection.  Don't forget about the ones on deck 14.

I believe the Reflection also has 77 Sky suites including the Aft facing SS. So that now means the team of 2 butlers will have a lot of work to do.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

In a Sky Suite? The Butlers on both the Apex and Refection were pretty consistent regarding what was free and what was chargeable. Besides the complimentary champagne all other wines and Spirits were chargeable. I did note on the Apex that I was a red wine drinker and he brought ONE bottle of red wine that was complementary. As this was our first times in Retreat Class we were VERY careful in asking what was and wasn't complementary in the cabin mini bar. At no time was it expressed that any kind of sprits were complementary. If you were given a complementary bottle of Scotch in a SS that's a gift from either your Butler or someone else but clearly not the policy of the SS in room mini bar. I did NOT have a drink package so I was always careful and asked very clearly about what was included and what wasn't. By the same token, on the Apex the Retreat sundeck all soft drinks,premiium waters and premium coffees were complimentary, but any alcohol and cocktails were chargeable. As per requirements all drinks in Michael's Club on the Reflection and the Retreat Lounge on the Apex were complementary. Alcoholic beverages including wines and beers are chargeable for dinner at Luminae. 

Edit: The cruise dates were Dec. 2021 on the Apex and Feb. 2022 on the Reflection.

Edited by kwokpot

22 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I like that instead of being Royalized, which is what the new CEO of Celebrity is doing her best to accomplish.

She isn't a CEO. You need to go up a level to Jason Liberty. Their 3 main goals through year end 2025 are presented plain as day and it has nothing to do with providing more off-menu freebies to Sky Suites. 

• Like 1

Well this is disappointing news for sure.  We hit gold with carnival then swapped to celebrity and booked a sky suite for our first time, which was an amazing experience.  The retreat sundeck, the mini fridge in our room, luminae.  We really didn't use our butler or consierge, however we did have our fridge stocked with beer and a fresh cold bottle of champagne in our suite every single night, which just made us feel like we were upper class and we were looking forward to that experience again.

The sad thing is, prices everywhere have gone through the roof, even carnival.  I did a few mock bookings this morning on various lines and found a few carnival cruises that were substantially more expensive once you include tips and drinks, norwegian haven was a bit more, plus you need to pay even more to get the premium drink package.  MSC cruises only appear cheaper because they offer inside cabins in the yacht club - once you book a balcony they become obscenely expensive as well.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

She isn't a CEO. You need to go up a level to Jason Liberty. Their 3 main goals through year end 2025 are presented plain as day and it has nothing to do with providing more off-menu freebies to Sky Suites. 

Perfect definition of Royalization.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I don’t believe we ever had any mini liquors in our fridge, have done a few sky suites, a celebrity suites , 3 royal suites and a penthouse, did get our choose of liter bottles on the upper suites. MSc yacht club offered some mini liquors that they replenish for free. 

• Like 1

We've done 5 Sky suite cruises. On all of them our butlers gave us extra bottles of cabernet, usually Decoy. Sorry to see this nice little perk disappear. My husband, the cab drinker, will have to do what I do ( chard drinker). Get glasses of preferred wine, pour in a container and keep in the room for later in the evening. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1