Journeys cruise- 12-14 days - Share your experience

kew1031

The longer, the better in my opinion.  We've done the 15 day Hawaii, 17 day Panama canal on Carnival.  We have sorta switched to Holland America line due to their longer & more unusual itineraries.  We have a 27 day Amazon Explorer booked for 2025.  Hoping to do a world cruise some day if the budget could handle it.

Carnival will have more activities on longer cruises.  Dance classes, crafts, special speakers, & more.  The Dream has that big screen out by the pool, which we enjoyed.  

I just like not having to unpack for a couple of weeks, plus you get to know your fellow passengers better on a longer cruise.  Yes, there will be more scooters & walkers.  But they are usually a fun bunch.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2023 at 1:24 PM, kew1031 said:

Good Idea! I have a couple of easy crochet patterns that don't require much effort. Couple of crochet hooks and 2 or 3 skeins of yarn... 

LOL  same here !!   

We are booked on our first journey cruise in January 2024, it leaves Miami the same day as the marathon so we booked the 2 day on the same ship to avoid the traffic.   I am hoping hubby enjoys himself and we can book more longer cruises !! 

Our cruise last february I brought a big scoop skein of yarn and I had a couple hooks.   We spent a lot of time listening to a duet from Brazil.    I found out she loved to crochet but didnt bring anything with her.  So I gave her the big skein and a hook.  ❤️ 

4 hours ago, hockeyluver said:

LOL  same here !!   

We are booked on our first journey cruise in January 2024, it leaves Miami the same day as the marathon so we booked the 2 day on the same ship to avoid the traffic.   ………  ❤️ 

This is super smart, we ran into worst traffic ever trying to get into Miami on last cruise down there due to Marathon, all 3 cruiselines had late departures that day. ugh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hockeyluver said:

LOL  same here !!   

We are booked on our first journey cruise in January 2024, it leaves Miami the same day as the marathon so we booked the 2 day on the same ship to avoid the traffic.   I am hoping hubby enjoys himself and we can book more longer cruises !! 

Our cruise last february I brought a big scoop skein of yarn and I had a couple hooks.   We spent a lot of time listening to a duet from Brazil.    I found out she loved to crochet but didnt bring anything with her.  So I gave her the big skein and a hook.  ❤️ 

Hi hockeyluver,

I love hockey too! Which cruise are you booked for January. I may need to do the same.

Thanks 

On 8/24/2023 at 12:08 AM, cdoncruise said:

I hope you like your Journeys cruise! We took our first one this spring and absolutely LOVED it. It was 16 days on the Spirit from Miami to Seattle. We booked our next Journeys cruise before we disembarked, we loved it so much. The crowd was experienced and not tightly wound, the vibe was amazing. We made friends. We got incredible Carnival (and general cruising) tips from all the Platinum and Diamond folks. And we were able to get to know the crew so well that when the crew put on a talent show toward the end of the cruise it was an incredibly personal and moving experience.

I only went to a couple of the stage shows, so I don't know what (if anything) they repeated but I know they brought on several special acts throughout, I remember a magician specifically but there were others. We're more into the comedy. They rotated new comedians on throughout the cruise, and I think there were 6 or 7 different ones. Before the cruise, I'd been afraid I'd be bored, but the only time I cracked a book or watched any of the tv I'd downloaded was when I got stuck in the room with a 48-hour bug (not covid, I was tested by a poor med staffer in a hazmat suit!)

I don't recall any repeated dinner menus, although some dishes were just slightly altered versions of previous offerings. There were many items I'd never seen before, and one day we had an expanded Indian buffet that was phenomenal. We'd been warned that fresh fruits and vegetables might disappear by the second week, but that didn't seem to be the case although that may have been because of our itinerary. We're doing a 12 day transatlantic next spring and I'm interested to see what happens with the food on that one. But to be honest, while it's always fine, we don't cruise Carnival for the food 😂

(We also booked a 14 day Princess cruise for next year. I think we're just long cruise people now.)

THAT was an amazing cruise! 🏆We got to justify our sons 16day+ school absence by him doing an indepth report on our Panama Canal full transit! It was amazing. Got pretty cold and rainy past Cabo, all the way up to Seattle. The crew talent show was great! Our coffee barista also won Carnival Cruiselines employee of the year... I loved the painting classes. Lol that was my first and last foray into art. There were so many additional activities that aren't often seen on a 5-8 day cruise. We've decided to book 1 journey a year, in addition to our  regulars. This was our 3rd time on Spirit and we absolutely love her. She's an awesome lil Ship💗

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 4:13 PM, kew1031 said:

Hi all, We've never done a cruise longer than 8 days, but have booked a 14 day Journeys cruise on the Dream. It's AGES away, but I'm curious to hear about other's experiences. Do they just repeat the menu the second week? Shows? etc... I do feel like on board you might have more time to do things you might not have tried before because you didn't have enough time, like finally have a chance to hit the karaoke, or a comedy show. We are pretty low key and don't feel the need to always be DOING something. I'm very good at doing nothing!!😄Tell me what you love about a long cruise.

We have only done 1 Carnival cruise--14 days to Hawaii in January.

Having sailed most other mainstream cruise lines, we heard lots of people say we would HATE it.

We LOVED it.

Bartenders said Carnival long cruises are the best!

No repeat MDR menu; new one each night.

3 comedians EVERY NIGHT.

Trivia--uh like 8 a day! (but hard to get seats--some people plant their butt all day!)

• Like 3

On 8/27/2023 at 4:09 PM, CruisinTrkrs3 said:

THAT was an amazing cruise! 🏆We got to justify our sons 16day+ school absence by him doing an indepth report on our Panama Canal full transit! It was amazing. Got pretty cold and rainy past Cabo, all the way up to Seattle. The crew talent show was great! Our coffee barista also won Carnival Cruiselines employee of the year... I loved the painting classes. Lol that was my first and last foray into art. There were so many additional activities that aren't often seen on a 5-8 day cruise. We've decided to book 1 journey a year, in addition to our  regulars. This was our 3rd time on Spirit and we absolutely love her. She's an awesome lil Ship💗

I love the way you spun this into an extra educational experience for your son, that's a great way to justify the school absence😂 I forgot about the painting classes! And the barista who was not only a great barista but a great singer. The Spirit was very special. I'd love to sail her again❤️

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 6:04 PM, geovet said:

Hi hockeyluver,

I love hockey too! Which cruise are you booked for January. I may need to do the same.

Thanks 

We are on the Conquest January 26 and January 28 for a 14 day Journey cruise (our first 😄 )

• 6 months later...
On 8/23/2023 at 4:59 PM, kew1031 said:

We will be on the Dream out of Galveston, doing the Key West to southern Caribbean 14 day. January 2025. It's a LONG way off! My main concern is my significant other half and keeping him occupied/entertained for 14 days. He's the one who is usually ready to get home and back to work after 5 or 6 days. He has to be DOING something all the time! I fully expect him to track down the IT staff and ask them if they need any assistance! Me, I'm fine lolling around for days on end.😄

That will be me and my fiance's honeymoon cruise! Can't wait to meet y'all!

• Like 1

We just booked the Venezia Panama Canal Journey cruise for next year.  it is to celebrate our 25th anniversary and we are so looking forward to it.  Longest before this was 8 nights.  This cruise will be the first time on a journey cruise, first 14 day, first on this ship and first to Panama Canal.  So Excited !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...