Specialty Restaurants

oceanpark

15 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

For solo cruisers wanting to dine in the specialty restaurants, does Azamara acccount for (and encourage) shared tables when making reservations?

I much appreciated this option on Oceania.

No shared tables on Azamara though many times you see groups of 3 or 5 who have come together meeting elsewhere onboard either at solo or group events or on excursions or in bars etc 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

For solo cruisers wanting to dine in the specialty restaurants, does Azamara acccount for (and encourage) shared tables when making reservations?

I much appreciated this option on Oceania.

As a solo traveler, I can confirm what UKtog has said. If you go to the solo get together you may meet like minded people who wish to try the specialities. I’m quite content to savour the view and eat alone, I appreciate it’s not for everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, G2G said:

As a solo traveler, I can confirm what UKtog has said. If you go to the solo get together you may meet like minded people who wish to try the specialities. I’m quite content to savour the view and eat alone, I appreciate it’s not for everyone. 

I make my specialty reservations when I board. As the cruise progresses, I ask other solos if they would like to join. Easier to get joiners if you already have the table reservered.  Then they add their names to the reservation. If not I will eat alone, but it is much fun to have a nice group. The later additions to a reservation are only a problem if you go above 4 (then you need a larger table). 

19 minutes ago, cancruiseforever said:

We booked a club continent suite which includes specialty restaurants each night. Can we still have a problem with reservations or to we get priviledges

As soon as you board go make your reservations and you should be fine. Usually have a team taking reservations either in Windows or across from Windows entrance in pool area.

On 9/20/2023 at 8:40 AM, manc said:

We just asked in Aqualina why Dover Sole wasn't on the menu and it was immediately offer and provided the following evening in Prime C. They obviously has the fish on board!

They offered the same to me but then they forgot to thaw it, so I had it a few nights later when we had a Prime C reservation. It was really delicious! 

I have a shellfish allergy, so they were happy to get me the Chilean Sea Bass from Prime C on the night they forgot the Dover Sole. (I’d had way too much beef on that sailing)