Classic Drink Package Confusion

jonesdee

Specifically, I want to know if cappuccino and espresso is included in the classic package or do you have to upgrade to Premium. and what types of sodas are included  if you can't get Coke products?

Also, why is Celebrity deliberately vague.  The blog states upgrade to Premium and start your day with a premium coffee.  Then, it says under Premium includes specialty coffee. 

I think I know the answer but I would appreciate hearing from someone with recent first hand knowledge.

If its what I think then I'm hoping I can downgrade my husband and myself to zero proof. I drink more coffee and Pelligrino than booze.  I am not looking for a refund since package was included years ago. Just a downgrade. 

Thanks 

Nancy 

1 hour ago, jonesdee said:

Specifically, I want to know if cappuccino and espresso is included in the classic package or do you have to upgrade to Premium. and what types of sodas are included  if you can't get Coke products?

Also, why is Celebrity deliberately vague.  The blog states upgrade to Premium and start your day with a premium coffee.  Then, it says under Premium includes specialty coffee. 

I think I know the answer but I would appreciate hearing from someone with recent first hand knowledge.

If its what I think then I'm hoping I can downgrade my husband and myself to zero proof. I drink more coffee and Pelligrino than booze.  I am not looking for a refund since package was included years ago. Just a downgrade. 

Thanks 

Nancy 

Regarding the classic pkg and...

• Coffees- the only restriction, I believe, is getting any type of alcohol in your coffee. I have ordered an Americano, cappuccino, etc. (all without alcohol) and have never paid a cent with the pkg. Premium pkg, includes alcohol in your coffee. I agree about the confusion in Celebrity's vagueness.
  • Soda- Coke products are included as far as I can remember. I'm not a pop drinker though.

Pelligrino is not included in the classic pkg, if I remember correctly, but is on the Premium pkg.

If you aren't looking for a refund, then there is no reason to downgrade the pkg as you should keep your options open- IMO

My advice is to let the server/bartender know you have the classic pkg and ask questions if you have them once onboard. You will not get the same answer from ever server or bartender. I would search online for classic beverage pkg and you will see a list.

Happy sailing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Classic Beverage Package covers drinks up to $10 (different amount for sailings from the UK and some other countries)

I have a picture below of the menu from Café al Bacio.

Espresso and Cappuccino would be covered at Café al Bacio along with the dining rooms/restaurants.  You can also look at the app for prices.  

As for San Pellegrino, that's considered premium.  For alcoholic drinks over the price cap, you pay the difference. I don't know what they do about water.  I've always had premium and drink evian so I can't give you an answer on how that's handled. 

I'm not a soda drinker but I don't think there are different levels of soda.  They have coca cola products which are included in the Classic Beverage Package. 

🍹

20221103_170952.thumb.jpg.0322c82727bbd2ab356ec6e392b3cf2c.jpg

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jonesdee said:

Thanks 

Nancy 

I have the same confusion. The website clearly (to me anyway) says it’s not included but every online says it is. I’ll just wait and see. 

• Thanks 1

I commented above saying espresso and cappuccino is included but I just looked at the website and there is new wording.  I don't know when this occurred and it is confusing because it makes it seem like Café al Bacio would not be included as part of the Classic Beverage Package - which makes absolutely no sense.  ...but with other recent Celebrity changes, who knows?!  

This is on their website if you do some digging and lists everything out.   Premium coffee and tea shows it's included in the Classic Beverage Package.

Screenshot_20230817_213332_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e36dba1043aaf9e2afabb079aabdd942.jpg

Screenshot_20230817_213353_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d90242f0fc6244626aa598e6e9cda061.jpg

However...when I go to my Cruise Planner under Drink Packages they list what's included.  

This is the Classic Beverage Package.  Note that Premium coffee and teas are NOT listed.   ???

Screenshot_20230817_215204_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5626b772ceca5674a98e9cfc3ee60f94.jpg

This is what's listed under Premium.  It has a specific notation saying the Zero Proof is included and in that it has  Premium coffee and tea.   I know many things in Zero proof aren't part of the Classic but premium coffee and tea was always part of the Classic Beverage Package.

Screenshot_20230817_215240_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1a340f108a3f63ee9d5d2413c604b348.jpg

Screenshot_20230817_215249_Chrome.thumb.jpg.01d100abaf2d78d2f30e77defdf6459d.jpg

I was 100% sure when I first posted.  Now, I'm not.  Celebrity is infamous for problems with wording, websites, etc... so maybe it's just an omission online. 

Hopefully someone currently onboard that has the Classic Beverage Package can give you first hand knowledge in case there has been a change.   You can also call Celebrity but that might not give you an accurate answer either. 😆

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, floralscent said:

If you aren't looking for a refund, then there is no reason to downgrade the pkg as you should keep your options open- IMO

The sparkling water is the reason to want to downgrade to Zero proof I would have thought...

13 hours ago, seeyouinthesun said:

I have the same confusion. The website clearly (to me anyway) says it’s not included but every online says it is. I’ll just wait and see. 

This, exactly.  I think its a recent change.  I want everyone to be right, but the way I read it, if you want cappuccino you need the premium package. Sigh.  

I am going to wait until I board and ask.  I'd rather drink more cappuccino and espresso, Pellegrino and coke than alcohol so hoping to switch.  

Thanks, Nancy. 

11 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I commented above saying espresso and cappuccino is included but I just looked at the website and there is new wording.  I don't know when this occurred and it is confusing because it makes it seem like Café al Bacio would not be included as part of the Classic Beverage Package - which makes absolutely no sense.  ...but with other recent Celebrity changes, who knows?!  

This is on their website if you do some digging and lists everything out.   Premium coffee and tea shows it's included in the Classic Beverage Package.

Screenshot_20230817_213332_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e36dba1043aaf9e2afabb079aabdd942.jpg

Screenshot_20230817_213353_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d90242f0fc6244626aa598e6e9cda061.jpg

However...when I go to my Cruise Planner under Drink Packages they list what's included.  

This is the Classic Beverage Package.  Note that Premium coffee and teas are NOT listed.   ???

Screenshot_20230817_215204_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5626b772ceca5674a98e9cfc3ee60f94.jpg

This is what's listed under Premium.  It has a specific notation saying the Zero Proof is included and in that it has  Premium coffee and tea.   I know many things in Zero proof aren't part of the Classic but premium coffee and tea was always part of the Classic Beverage Package.

Screenshot_20230817_215240_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1a340f108a3f63ee9d5d2413c604b348.jpg

Screenshot_20230817_215249_Chrome.thumb.jpg.01d100abaf2d78d2f30e77defdf6459d.jpg

I was 100% sure when I first posted.  Now, I'm not.  Celebrity is infamous for problems with wording, websites, etc... so maybe it's just an omission online. 

Hopefully someone currently onboard that has the Classic Beverage Package can give you first hand knowledge in case there has been a change.   You can also call Celebrity but that might not give you an accurate answer either. 😆

🍹

I thought it was me.  I keep reading it over and over.  All my life I believed I had good reading comprehension (reading medal in 8th grade 1969, humble brag) until I met Celebrity.  I think I understand but just want it to say something different.  

Thanks for replying.

Nancy

I see premium coffee on Classic so I think it means cappuccino but on another page for drink package it says on premium package start your day with premium coffee. To me, it implies that classic no longer has it. But it could be wrong 

If you look at the comparison document it shows “premium coffees” under both the Classic and Premium packages. To find the comparison document go on the Celebrity website and search “compare packages” and then click on the one that says compare packages. You will see the up to date comparison which includes drinks in the Classic package up to $10. 

Trust me the Classic package still includes the premium coffees at Cafe Al Baccio which includes all the ones made with espresso but likely not the ones with alcohol. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kelownadon said:

Trust me the Classic package still includes the premium coffees at Cafe Al Baccio which includes all the ones made with espresso but likely not the ones with alcohol. 

Please see my post #3.  There are three alcoholic coffees at Cafe al Bacio that are included on the Classic Beverage Package.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Please see my post #3.  There are three alcoholic coffees at Cafe al Bacio that are included on the Classic Beverage Package.

After reading your post #3 as well as post #4 I don’t understand why the author was still doubting that the Classic package includes cappuccino. Thank you for pointing that out to me as well as pointing out I can get a few alcoholic coffees. Bonus!

Edited by Kelownadon

On 8/17/2023 at 4:56 PM, floralscent said:

Regarding the classic pkg and...

• Coffees- the only restriction, I believe, is getting any type of alcohol in your coffee. I have ordered an Americano, cappuccino, etc. (all without alcohol) and have never paid a cent with the pkg. Premium pkg, includes alcohol in your coffee. I agree about the confusion in Celebrity's vagueness.
  • Soda- Coke products are included as far as I can remember. I'm not a pop drinker though.

Pelligrino is not included in the classic pkg, if I remember correctly, but is on the Premium pkg.

My advice is to let the server/bartender know you have the classic pkg and ask questions if you have them once onboard. You will not get the same answer from ever server or bartender. I would search online for classic beverage pkg and you will see a list.

Happy sailing!

I’m kind of upset that you called it soda and pop in the same post.  😭

• Haha 2

Well, just as long as I can continue to order and receive my Afternoon Tea w/ a Macallan shot at Café Al Bacio on my BP, that is all which matters to me...

LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

9 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Well, just as long as I can continue to order and receive my Afternoon Tea w/ a Macallan shot at Café Al Bacio on my BP, that is all which matters to me...

LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

Oh no.  This is not good.  Macallan should never be diluted with tea!  🙃

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Kelownadon said:

After reading your post #3 as well as post #4 I don’t understand why the author was still doubting that the Classic package includes cappuccino. Thank you for pointing that out to me as well as pointing out I can get a few alcoholic coffees. Bonus!

I’m doubting it because the celebrity website is a giant mess and pages could not have been updated. I’m doubting it because the recent blog post alluded to the fact that premium coffee was only including it premium package. I’m doubting it because I asked if anyone had any recent firsthand knowledge. I’m doubting it because I asked about cappuccino specifically and not alcohol in coffee. I’m doubting it because I get different answers to questions when celebrity staff is not informed of updates and just repeating   same confusing nonsense that is on the website. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

z - I use Macallan as the chaser for my tea.... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

Phew.  That was close.  You certainly wouldn't see me drinking Macallan with a club soda on the side or with ice, or with a certain beverage that rhymes with Moca Mola.  But tea, that's a new one.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jonesdee said:

I’m doubting it because the celebrity website is a giant mess and pages could not have been updated. I’m doubting it because the recent blog post alluded to the fact that premium coffee was only including it premium package. I’m doubting it because I asked if anyone had any recent firsthand knowledge. I’m doubting it because I asked about cappuccino specifically and not alcohol in coffee. I’m doubting it because I get different answers to questions when celebrity staff is not informed of updates and just repeating   same confusing nonsense that is on the website. 

Celebrity constantly updates their website.  Sometimes some pages are updated faster than others.  Also, folks want to be helpful but they can only report their own experiences.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, jonesdee said:

OK, neither I nor anyone else can explain why Celebrity’s website is inconsistent and confusing.

I can attest, from first hand experience as recently as June 2023 that cappuccinos and espressos are included in the Classic Package.  I can say from first hand experiences on Equinox, Reflection, Edge and Beyond in the past year that they have been included in the Classic Package.

I cannot guarantee you that Celebrity will not make any changes to their current packages in the future.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Phew.  That was close.  You certainly wouldn't see me drinking Macallan with a club soda on the side or with ice, or with a certain beverage that rhymes with Moca Mola.  But tea, that's a new one.

I always and mean always, pending on the age of the bottle have either one (1) or two (2) cubes of ice in my Macallan's... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage