For all questions regarding Explora

frogfish12

30 minutes ago, gymfreak said:

I very much doubt it. I believe she is currently on her leave from the ship .

Having sailed many times on Azamara when Heike was Hotel Director then yes I concur she is the ultimate Hotel professional 

21 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Heike Berdos, General Manager, EXPLORA I.
Formerly Hotel Director with Azamara Cruises where she spent 15 years as part of the starter team to launch the new brand. Prior to this, Heike worked for MSC Cruises as Shore Excursions Manager and held various guest service positions with Celebrity Cruises over 23 years culminating to her appointment as Hotel Director. Heike was born in Germany and raised in Algeria, Canada and Germany.

Heike-Berdos_Explora-Journeys-1132x560-1

3 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I only hope that the 'A TEAM' is on board when real paying passengers start cruising.

My bad .... she's on vacation from August 21st until October 30th ....

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

Is this the same Heike Berdos (ex Azamara) that was raved about in prior threads?  I think someone called her the ultimate onboard Hotel professional.

No - the General Manager currently onboard is a Maarten Smeets. 

• Like 1

We have been on board 20 hours. Elegant with lots of glitz. Not as tasteful as Silversea. Still, very pleasant. Lobby beautiful. Pool under magrodome superb and large. Jacuzzis along both sides of ship so you are not in view of everyone else on deck and you have direct view of sea rather than people in pool. 
No separate showers. Tubs only. 
No fruit in our suite. No butler. No free laundry even in top suites. 
Enrichment lectures mediocre. 
Many staff have never been to sea before but they are all eager. 
In the end about what I expected from MSC. Crystal, Silversea, Seabourn, Regent  have nothing to fear from Explora. 
Still, we are happy to be here on a new ship and at sea!!  
Picky, picky picky!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

We have been on board 20 hours. Elegant with lots of glitz. Not as tasteful as Silversea. Still, very pleasant. Lobby beautiful. Pool under magrodome superb and large. Jacuzzis along both sides of ship so you are not in view of everyone else on deck and you have direct view of sea rather than people in pool. 
In the end about what I expected from MSC. Crystal, Silversea, Seabourn, Regent  have nothing to fear from Explora. 
Picky, picky picky!  

Excellent thanks so much for sharing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whipsnade said:

Picky, picky picky!  

...And to say the least; it's not Crystal, Silversea, Seabourn, Regent segment either, but rather Oceania, Viking, Azamara one on the somewhat more expensive side of the pond, at least for now, perhaps due to some more inclusions not ready on the competitors right now, but they'll reassert once they settle the product more carefully or they simply don't need to because they're clearly creating a niche of their own to attract some cruisers that are still on their active jobs with shorter cruises than usual on mid to full luxury companies, so even those on the likes of O/V/A don't have to worry so much on Explora, at least on the immediate. Thanks to the simple, but rather detailed review, that reassured me that would exactly to be the case on their market target that would be "Mid Luxury" and not "Full Luxury".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Picky, picky picky!  

Top suites are Residences  -- they have butlers and laundry???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Thanks so much for taking time out of your vacation to post!

The vast majority of the cabins on board, according to the deck plans, are shower only with no tub.

Most of our suites are equipped with spacious walk-in showers and there is also the option to book a suite with a bathtub if that is your preference. If you wish to book a suite with a bathtub, please let your preferred Travel Advisor or our Explora Journeys Ambassador know when you make your booking.

The website is still showing free laundry for Penthouses and above and Butlers for Ocean Residences and above.... 🤷‍♂️

Our Ocean Residences offer larger spaces starting from 70 sqm. 

Additional benefits are: In-Suite Dining exclusive menu, including specialities from our onboard culinary venues; in-suite full bar setup with a selection of premium spirits, wines and soft drinks; in-suite welcome bottle of premium champagne; 24-hour butler services; Unlimited complimentary laundry, dry-cleaning and ironing services; personal welcome by a butler and priority embarkation upon arrival; roundtrip airport transfers included (available up to a distance of 50 miles / 80 km from / to port; airport security fast-track included (where available); VIP lounge at embarkation (where available).

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

We are in a lovely Penthouse. No shower. No butler. No fruit. No free laundry. 

You are owed free laundry and pressing as per the website!!!

See my next post!!!

Edited by Dr. Cocktail

Just a note.  Despite having Diamond status with MSC, it seems there is no corresponding recognition with Explora, unless you are a newer booking.  There is a cut-off date - if you booked prior to May 12th of this year, you are nothing.  Not even a "thanks for your business" acknowledgment.

The onboard experience had better be awesome, because the corporate attitude seems to be one of grand indifference. I admire @uktog for the restraint they have shown.  Once we get past the fluff of the TA/influencer raving, it seems as though this may just be an overpriced "luxury" illusion.

One and done?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, crickette said:

Could you post a direct link to this page, please?  I cannot find it.

Go onto the website as if you're making a booking.

Select a sailing and then click on the "Book" button.

Then you will see a list of the 4 major categories available. Click on "Ocean Penthouses" which is underlined.

The shown page will then slide in from the top of the page!

24 minutes ago, Critically Cruising said:

Just a note.  Despite having Diamond status with MSC, it seems there is no corresponding recognition with Explora, unless you are a newer booking.  There is a cut-off date - if you booked prior to May 12th of this year, you are nothing.  Not even a "thanks for your business" acknowledgment.

Without totally monopolizing the board today, have your agent call Explora re the booking date. Magic can happen as long as the booking was made in calendar 2023.

33 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Go onto the website as if you're making a booking.

Select a sailing and then click on the "Book" button.

Then you will see a list of the 4 major categories available. Click on "Ocean Penthouses" which is underlined.

The shown page will then slide in from the top of the page!

Thanks.  When I clicked on Ocean Penthouses, I get a choice of deluxe, premier, and grand with pix but no text.