Is Epic's Haven still the nicest?

mafig

@mafig I cannot wait for the responses! Sailing Epic on a transatlantic in November 2024. It was much less expensive that other NCL ships which our TA believes is due to the lack of a covered Haven area. Not having a covered Haven pool in November on the Atlantic is clearly not ideal but the price was so good we jumped. 

Are you booked yourself? And if so, may I ask which itinerary - super curious due to the dust-up with cancellations of many Epic sailings. 

Warmest Amy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mafig said:

I recall reading "somewhere" that the Haven on the Epic is the nicest.  Is this still true? If yes, can you tell me why.🥺

We will not sail in the Haven on the Prima class ships until later in the year. Compared to all of the Breakaway class ships, it is the nicest. 

Bottom line is that it is big. It has a large 2-story lounge with lots of space to relax and have a drink.

The Haven restaurant is very large and has an equally large outside dining space. It puts the BA and BA+ ship's dining rooms to shame. On the Breakaway and Getaway, the restaurant is so small, that they seat you at tables around the pool as overflow. 

You have access to the 3-story Posh Club (which is the Vibe on other ships) with a private bar and lots of out door lounging space.

It has both a steam room and sauna in the Haven courtyard (other ships only have a sauna).

It has a private gym that overlooks the courtyard (which none of the other ships have).

Yeah, there is no retractable roof, but that is a small detail compared to all of the other pluses. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, amygutman said:

Are you booked yourself? And if so, may I ask which itinerary - super curious due to the dust-up with cancellations of many Epic sailings. 

Hi, Amy, 

No, we're not booked on Epic yet.  However, I do recall reading about how nice its Haven is.  We've only been in Haven once, on Joy.  Although we both loved it, we're not fans of indoor pools and we're in the minority here, but I like the fact that the top is open.😆

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You have access to the 3-story Posh Club (which is the Vibe on other ships) with a private bar and lots of out door lounging space.

Is access to the Posh Club free on Epic?

Is it also adult only?

We thought the haven in the Epic is the nicest from the three we have been on. The other two were Breakaway and Getaway. 

If you book a haven spa cabin you will also have access to one of the largest spa areas on a ship too.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Yinster said:

We thought the haven in the Epic is the nicest from the three we have been on. The other two were Breakaway and Getaway. 

If you book a haven spa cabin you will also have access to one of the largest spa areas on a ship too.

Epic was my favorite until Prima.

16 minutes ago, chillyw said:

Yes, Posh is part of Epic. I think it's supposed to be adult only too.

Posh, also sometimes referred to as Vibe, is adult only.  On our cruise this summer it had very few people using it.  Unfortunately, it doesn't have a hot tub or shower (there is a shower outside the area you can access), but there is a bar and lots of space.  Additionally, the Haven's smoking area is also on the upper deck - I never saw anyone using.

You can access thru the stairway going up to the gym or the elevator at the Haven bar (elevator goes up to Posh or down to swimming pool.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Girr said:

Posh, also sometimes referred to as Vibe, is adult only.  On our cruise this summer it had very few people using it. 

Ah that sucks! We had a great time there last year, and had many shot o'clocks lol

We were on the Epic in February -- the third time. It is still my favorite Haven (we've also been on the Escape and Getaway). We LOVE the huge restaurant and lounge area. Posh is always nice, but our cruise was really windy and we didn't use it as much as we thought we would this time.

We also like the private gym and the open-air eating area for afternoon snacks.

We're doing the Viva next, so I'll be curious to see what we think of that. We haven't done Breakaway-plus yet, but we hated the Haven on the Getaway. The Escape was better.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, brookie848 said:

We were on the Epic in February -- the third time. It is still my favorite Haven (we've also been on the Escape and Getaway). We LOVE the huge restaurant and lounge area. Posh is always nice, but our cruise was really windy and we didn't use it as much as we thought we would this time.

We also like the private gym and the open-air eating area for afternoon snacks.

We're doing the Viva next, so I'll be curious to see what we think of that. We haven't done Breakaway-plus yet, but we hated the Haven on the Getaway. The Escape was better.

Prima class has the best lounge and restaurant area, but no private gym. Only thing that's really missing.

6 minutes ago, chillyw said:

Prima class has the best lounge and restaurant area, but no private gym. Only thing that's really missing.

I'd agree the restaurant probably one of the best but we have not been on Epic.  

I've also read and heard that the Epic's Haven is the best in the fleet...especially since it was just newly renovated.  On her in October in a 2 BR Haven Suite.  Really looking forward to it.  Learned something new in this thread.  Epic Haven has her own gym and access to Posh, in addition to all the restaurant and bar areas.  

Excited.  Been in the Haven on other ships.  This is the one I'm looking forward to the most.

• Like 3

Agreed on Posh, great place to hang out, personalized bar service, nice loungers with umbrellas and no need to worry about leaving your stuff while you head out for lunch. The not so positive is that no pool near by, you’ll need to either head back to the Haven courtyard or take the elevator down to the main deck pool to cool off and on the Med cruises in the summer that pool feels more like a hot tub lol. 

22 minutes ago, JustAPilot said:

Agreed on Posh, great place to hang out, personalized bar service, nice loungers with umbrellas and no need to worry about leaving your stuff while you head out for lunch. The not so positive is that no pool near by, you’ll need to either head back to the Haven courtyard or take the elevator down to the main deck pool to cool off and on the Med cruises in the summer that pool feels more like a hot tub lol. 

I view POSH as a "free" perk for Haven Suites.  ON any other NCL ship, the similar VIBE would be extra cost.  Plus, the Haven already has its own pool.

On 8/21/2023 at 10:02 AM, graphicguy said:

I've also read and heard that the Epic's Haven is the best in the fleet...especially since it was just newly renovated.  On her in October in a 2 BR Haven Suite.  Really looking forward to it.  Learned something new in this thread.  Epic Haven has her own gym and access to Posh, in addition to all the restaurant and bar areas.  

Excited.  Been in the Haven on other ships.  This is the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Are you in a regular 2BR or one of the "Conservatory" 2BR suites?

Last we were on the Epic, we had a one of the "conservatory" rooms. We loved the room. They are the forward facing sites with an enclosed balcony. Beautiful forward facing views with air conditioned sunshine. You can open the forward facing windows or leave them closed. If you want a lot of sun, go up to the Posh Club. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hadacareer said:

We love the epic haven, much prefer it to the getaway..we are also booked on the transatlantic Rome to Orlando dec 2023..awesome deal on the 2 bdr suite

We’re on that trip.  Also in a 2BR!  Can’t wait!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Are you in a regular 2BR or one of the "Conservatory" 2BR suites?

Last we were on the Epic, we had a one of the "conservatory" rooms. We loved the room. They are the forward facing sites with an enclosed balcony. Beautiful forward facing views with air conditioned sunshine. You can open the forward facing windows or leave them closed. If you want a lot of sun, go up to the Posh Club. 

I don’t have a Conservatory Suite.  I upgraded to the cheapest 2 BR Haven Suite they had. I’m outside of the  Concierge lounge area.  Although, the Suites you describe sound wonderful!

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I don’t have a Conservatory Suite.  I upgraded to the cheapest 2 BR Haven Suite they had. I’m outside of the  Concierge lounge area.  Although, the Suites you describe sound wonderful!

We were on a repositioning cruise and spent many hours on the balcony watching the sea

image.png.0a71d689a1d17ba60a165c231d6f1725.png

image.png.d9ae60cec37838c7faf36bd0424623fd.png

There were also forward facing views from the bathtub and shower

image.png.e4bbf4a72da394aec18fd1887badc424.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1