Flying to London on Friday, 8/25 Sailing Dawn on Sunday 8/27

Lois R

47 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Good luck for flying out tomorrow.  Your Jaguars are in a very tight NFL game now in nearby Indianapolis.  Best for your Jags.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

image.png.082cc85219b0b4a906f23aff0a00f51f.png

Hi Terry, we won the game 31-21😀

• Like 1

Lois so sorry!  Terrible storms with lots of lightning Friday night (my brother and his wife sat on the tarmac at Dulles but eventually got out for their trip to Scotland), more Saturday, and more today (Sunday).

Hi Cam, appreciate your post. This is the first time I can remember having it canceled the same day as it was supposed to fly. The text came at avout 5am this morning.

5 hours ago, MHF said:

Lois so sorry!  Terrible storms with lots of lightning Friday night (my brother and his wife sat on the tarmac at Dulles but eventually got out for their trip to Scotland), more Saturday, and more today (Sunday).

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cam, appreciate your post. This is the first time I can remember having it canceled the same day as it was supposed to fly. The text came at avout 5am this morning.

The thunderstorms in the NY area these last few days have been more frequent and stronger than predicted.  And I have no idea what the weather in Florida has been, or the other places that aircraft would be coming from.

Hi from my TWA hotel room. 

No news about my flight home tonight so I am hoping it is "good to go". The hotel is allowing me to check out at 1:00 and then I will go over to the Delta terminal and sit on the Sky Lounge for the rest of the day.

I will tell you there was one super helpful person at the "assist counter" yesterday and she issued me a 60.00 food voucher for yesterday and today. This hotel has a food court so I have been getting some things there. Yesterday a chicken salad wrap, some chips, a muffin and bottle of water. And this morning a toasted bagel with  cream cheese and tomato with a coffee. I still have $ left on the voucher so will use it before I check out.

I will remember this for a long time...and will ve flying here again in November.....I am going to Lisbon for her crossing back to NY. Let's hope things go smoother......When I said her,  I meant Nova.

I was at Palm  Beach airport , and quite a few canceled flights from JFK, LGA, EWR o delta and jet blue. Oddly enough my wife came in from Islip ( Long Island) on Southwest right on time as scheduled. 
  BTW, we’re flying out to Lisbon next month to catch the Nova. Silversea air booked us on Air Canada from Orlando through Montreal to Lisbon. Hopefully Montreal will be less of a problem that JFK seems to be 

Edited by fdnycruiser
Additional information

26 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

I was at Palm  Beach airport , and quite a few canceled flights from JFK, LGA, EWR o delta and jet blue. Oddly enough my wife came in from Islip ( Long Island) on Southwest right on time as scheduled. 
  BTW, we’re flying out to Lisbon next month to catch the Nova. Silversea air booked us on Air Canada from Orlando through Montreal to Lisbon. Hopefully Montreal will be less of a problem that JFK seems to be 

Looking forward to meeting you on the  crossing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi from my TWA hotel room. 

No news about my flight home tonight so I am hoping it is "good to go". The hotel is allowing me to check out at 1:00 and then I will go over to the Delta terminal and sit on the Sky Lounge for the rest of the day.

I will tell you there was one super helpful person at the "assist counter" yesterday and she issued me a 60.00 food voucher for yesterday and today. This hotel has a food court so I have been getting some things there. Yesterday a chicken salad wrap, some chips, a muffin and bottle of water. And this morning a toasted bagel with  cream cheese and tomato with a coffee. I still have $ left on the voucher so will use it before I check out.

I will remember this for a long time...and will ve flying here again in November.....I am going to Lisbon for her crossing back to NY. Let's hope things go smoother......When I said her,  I meant Nova.

We can send a food parcel if it helps.

I'm sure all of the CC posters will chip in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

Do Silversea not book direct flights?

1 minute ago, Mr Luxury said:

You can fly direct from Miami to Lisbon with AA and Air Portugal.

Not sure I'd be happy with Orlando,Montreal,Lisbon.

Doesn't make sense to me.

It makes sense.....you have to get to that airport in order to take that flight and if you are using SS you need to see if they are using that flight.

2 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Is there not room to suggest which flight you would rather take.

I am guessing you don't book through SS.

Yes, you can ask for certain flights and see if they are using them. Looks like this part of my review needs to be on the air forum.

The weather in Florida has been 

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Ugh, so sorry to hear this Lois - what a rotten end to your cruise! Hope all goes well with your travels today. 

I've been worried about the ongoing issues with flights in the NY area this summer (and also  concerned about potential travel issues to/from Florida during peak hurricane season). So, although I have a great business class flight on Swiss Air booked to Lisbon via New York for my cruise at the end of this month, I also booked a separate reservation from Miami to Lisbon via Madrid. Both booked via points, so easy to cancel one. 

Just over two weeks before departure and your situation definitely has me leaning toward the Miami flight...

10 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

The weather in Florida has been 

Ugh, so sorry to hear this Lois - what a rotten end to your cruise! Hope all goes well with your travels today. 

I've been worried about the ongoing issues with flights in the NY area this summer (and also  concerned about potential travel issues to/from Florida during peak hurricane season). So, although I have a great business class flight on Swiss Air booked to Lisbon via New York for my cruise at the end of this month, I also booked a separate reservation from Miami to Lisbon via Madrid. Both booked via points, so easy to cancel one. 

Just over two weeks before departure and your situation definitely has me leaning toward the Miami flight...

Hey, oh wow.....SS has me on Swiss Air going to Lisbon too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I am guessing you don't book through SS.

Yes, you can ask for certain flights and see if they are using them. Looks like this part of my review needs to be on the air forum.

No I tend to book my own direct flights but I am looking at a Silversea cruise to book this week.

Door to door only works for me if they have first or business flights that are direct.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

Lois -- so sorry you've had such trouble getting home.  Hoping your flight departs on time tonight 🤞🤞

Hi, thanks, me too. I am looking at the Delta app and it says the plane is already delayed from its starting point by about 15 minutes. That is not much really. It said which gate it is arriving to as well but that has changed as well. I am now at the A gates but will have to walk around to the other side to the B gates. And the way things are going I bet they will land back here at the A. So not sure if I should go or stay lol.

Oh, I thought with a first class ticket/business class you could get into the Sky Lounge. I found out on domestic flights that is not true. And my AE card is not accepted at this Lounge either. What a pain.

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Oh, I thought with a first class ticket/business class you could get into the Sky Lounge. I found out on domestic flights that is not true. And my AE card is not accepted at this Lounge either. What a pain.

It's true that with a domestic F ticket alone, you cannot get into the DL SkyClub. You need either an AMEX with access privileges, or a SkyClub membership.

Had you still been on a connecting flight, arriving at JFK on an international business class ticket, you definitely could have entered the SkyClub for your layover.

But I suspect since they canceled your original flight home you're no longer in their system as a "connecting" passenger. If you had told them to find your arriving flight information you might have gotten in that way. That is annoying.

Hope it's all a moot point now and that you're on your way home; fingers crossed! Sorry your miserable flight experience home is the last thing you'll remember about an otherwise great trip!

Hi JP, it was their "better than thou attitude" that was coming across rather bluntly. And I told them I had arrived back from Europe on Sat night and all the cancelations, etc. They could have made an exception and the guy even got his supervisor involved. Oh well. They were not very pleasant about it and so I turned around and left. 

We are flying to Lisbon in a few days for the second time this year – on United out of EWR.  A lovely non-stop on a 787-10.  Leaves EWR at 8:35pm and the return arrives there at 1:05pm – good for connecting flights.  Does Silversea not use United?