What Other Cruise Lines Match Royals Loyalty Program?

What other cruise lines match the loyalty benefits of C & A? How does it work? If I get 6 free drinks per day, a free bag of wash and fold, etc, will I get the same on other lines? Let me know how it has worked for you.

There is another recent thread about how celebrity works. I matched elite and got some free wifi time I remember. There is some kind of cocktail hour after 5 pm. I wanted wifi time to get into my game without paying is all I remember. They match status not points.

MSC says they will also match status, so I put in twice to match and never heard back. I've heard their customer service isnt very good.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

There is another recent thread about how celebrity works. I matched elite and got some free wifi time I remember. There is some kind of cocktail hour after 5 pm. I wanted wifi time to get into my game without paying is all I remember. They match status not points.

MSC says they will also match status, so I put in twice to match and never heard back. I've heard their customer service isnt very good.

I am looking at my status as Pinnacle and not my points.

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

What other cruise lines match the loyalty benefits of C & A? How does it work? If I get 6 free drinks per day, a free bag of wash and fold, etc, will I get the same on other lines? Let me know how it has worked for you.

They don't match the RCI benifits but they match certain tier levels. So if you are Diamond on Royal you will be Elite on Celebrity. Celebrity[s program is not as good as Royal's so youonly get 3 drinks between 5 and 7. There is one bag of laundry. MSC has a status match but I don't think their benefits include any drinks or laundry. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m more considering other lines than Celebrity.

MSC should match you to their top tier, Diamond. You don’t get a lot though - one free dinner at a specialty restaurant is probably the best perk. And a dance class.

Tbh in terms of loyalty perks, Royal sets the bar pretty high and takes some beating thanks to those drink vouchers. I’d lay money on Liberty ‘enhancing’ them at some point.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m more considering other lines than Celebrity.

This doesn't apply to you, but just an FYI to others.

If you've sailed Azamara prior to Feb. 1, 2023, your Azamara tier / points / loyalty # will match your Celebrity tier / points / loyalty # as of that date.  Note that you must have sailed at least once on both lines to have accumulated equivalent points on both lines.

For example, I am Celebrity Elite with 523 points and Azamara Discoverer with 521 points; the difference is 2 Celebrity Power Up points earned after Feb. 1, 2023. 

Also, there is no longer status reciprocity between Azamara and Celebrity / RCI.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

MSC should match you to their top tier, Diamond. You don’t get a lot though - one free dinner at a specialty restaurant is probably the best perk. And a dance class.

Tbh in terms of loyalty perks, Royal sets the bar pretty high and takes some beating thanks to those drink vouchers. I’d lay money on Liberty ‘enhancing’ them at some point.

Thanks. I know Royal has some good loyalty perks, but with the prices they are charging looks like I can buy those perks and still have a cheaper or better cruise elsewhere. I also don’t always use the 6 drinks so that’s a consideration for what I would or wouldn’t be paying for. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 6

Virgin voyages will status match Diamond and above to their current “Deep Blue Extras” Expect priority check-in; $100 free “bar tab;” an extra $100 free bar tab enhanced from the normal $50 for every $300 tab you purchase pre-cruise only; upgraded free internet; free bag (and it’s a very big bag) of laundry once per cruise (Wash and fold everything, plus 2 pieces pressed, plus 1 item of dry cleaning); $10 per day per cabin specialty coffee credit.

Deep Blue Extras

You have access to our collection of unrivaled, onboard luxurious, called Deep Blue Extras — putting you at the helm of VIP treatment. The perks will be available to you on voyages through December 31, 2023, and include:

• Enhanced Boarding: A dedicated line at embarkation awaits you at the terminal

• $100 Bar Tab per cabin: Sip on cocktails, mocktails, smoothies and more with $100 in drink credits on us.

• Unlimited Premium Wifi (where available): If you can dream it, we can stream with access to our premium wifi

• Dedicated Sailor Services Support On Board: For any and all of your needs, you'll have access to a dedicated agent

• An Exclusive Sailaway Hour: A special experience for those with Deep Blue Extras.

• Laundry Service: Two pressed items, one specialty-cleaned item, and a bag of laundry — on us

• $10 daily credit for specialty coffee per cabin: Because you deserve to be glamorously caffeinated for everything you’ve got planned

We understand that your loyalty to another cruise line is important, and we’re so grateful that you’re giving us the opportunity to Match and Sea More. We can’t wait to sea you on board soon — treating you with all your incredible new perks and exploring the world The Virgin Way.

Edited by Jetdriver787
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, gumshoe958 said:

Yes, but you should take into account MSC (and NCL) offers all inclusive cruise fares for an additional charge which is less than what you would pay for the same with Royal. So, you would pay less, and while not having "status" would still have drinks/specialty and internet for much less than what Royal offers currently so you don't necessarily need the status perks..

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

Yes, but you should take into account MSC (and NCL) offers all inclusive cruise fares for an additional charge which is less than what you would pay for the same with Royal. So, you would pay less, and while not having "status" would still have drinks/specialty and internet for much less than what Royal offers currently so you don't necessarily need the status perks..

Unfortunately for MSC and NCL what you get what you pay for at a lower fare. A lesser cruise. To get a better cruise on those lines you need to pay a higher fare and book the Yacht Club on MSC or the Haven on NCL. 

3 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I have friends who are 4 Star in the Mariner Society on HAL. They get some pretty good perks. I’m not going to list them all, since it can be easily googled. 4 Star is 200 days and 5 Star is 500.

Laundry. I would not call their perks great. Both RCI and Celebrity perks are better. Does not matter though for this topic. They don’t status match. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Unfortunately for MSC and NCL what you get what you pay for at a lower fare. A lesser cruise. To get a better cruise on those lines you need to pay a higher fare and book the Yacht Club on MSC or the Haven on NCL. 

RCL is already a lesser cruise unless you are on an oasis/quantum class and book sky or star class which will cost you a small mortgage. Just for fun here’s a comparison.

8/11/24 freedom of the seas 7 nights owners suite, 4 people, no benefits (freedom class) pay for your own specialty/drinks/wifi. $11,113 cabin and taxes/port charges.

8/11/24 NCL Breakaway 7 nights the HAVEN, forward facing penthouse w/balcony. 4 ppl, gratuities/wifi/specialty/drinks/shore excursion credit plus all the Haven perks. - $9,106 all in.

8/18/24 Symphony 7 nights, 4 ppl, Junior suite (no benefits) $9,061.   Jump to a grand suite for   $12,087. So for $3,000 more you get four bottles of water, internet and coastal kitchen. No drinks. No specialty dining (is coastal kitchen worth $3,000??). Grand suite is also a smaller cabin but it’s the cheapest above junior suite.

a no brainer really for those that cruise at those price ranges.

none of these are in my budget, but if they were I know where my money would be going. I heard the Haven experience is really very very nice..

Edited by seasidemama
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, seasidemama said:

RCL is already a lesser cruise unless you are on an oasis/quantum class and book sky or star class which will cost you a small mortgage. Just for fun here’s a comparison.

8/11/24 freedom of the seas 7 nights owners suite, 4 people, no benefits (freedom class) pay for your own specialty/drinks/wifi. $11,113 cabin and taxes/port charges.

8/11/24 NCL Breakaway 7 nights the HAVEN, forward facing penthouse w/balcony. 4 ppl, gratuities/wifi/specialty/drinks/shore excursion credit plus all the Haven perks. - $9,106 all in.

8/18/24 Symphony 7 nights, 4 ppl, Junior suite (no benefits) $9,061.   Jump to a grand suite for   $12,087. So for $3,000 more you get four bottles of water, internet and coastal kitchen. No drinks. No specialty dining (is coastal kitchen worth $3,000??). Grand suite is also a smaller cabin but it’s the cheapest above junior suite.

a no brainer really for those that cruise at those price ranges.

none of these are in my budget, but if they were I know where my money would be going. I heard the Haven experience is really very very nice..

Actually, if you jump to a GS or higher on Oasis class you get drinks in the suite lounge. 11-11 beer wine, sodas water and juice, then 5-8 happy hour drinks. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ampurp85 said:

Actually, if you jump to a GS or higher on Oasis class you get drinks in the suite lounge. 11-11 beer wine, sodas water and juice, then 5-8 happy hour drinks. 

Yes, you pay $3,000 more for a smaller suite to get limited drinks in a lounge. Compared to full Haven benefits with butler and unlimited drinks all over the ship (which include the haven lounge) included in the fare. 

• Like 3

I really appreciate everyone’s info. It’s very helpful. I have only read a few trip reviews that weren’t for Royal or Celebrity. I just started reading Saint Greg’s Alaska Jewel (NCL) review since I’m now looking at other cruise lines.

@Jetdriver787 Lots of great info, thanks. Btw, hubby also flies the 787, but out of Miami.

@seasidemama Great comparisons, thanks.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

Yes, you pay $3,000 more for a smaller suite to get limited drinks in a lounge. Compared to full Haven benefits with butler and unlimited drinks all over the ship (which include the haven lounge) included in the fare. 

Yes, you said that, but you stated no drinks were included. I pointed out there was. 

• Like 1