Symphony's Inaugural Cruise

dimundsR

2 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

In a way I’m glad that I’m new to Crystal! So no comparisons . I’m so excited to finally be going and I’m sure everything will be delightful. Just worried that I don’t know the ropes and how things work as far as sign up times. We have been on Regent ( long time ago) Oceania, Princess, RCCL with kids, Celebrity Retreat and our current favorite NCL Haven where everything is done for you. Don’t know how Crystal will compare. I’m an Aquamarine renovated suite on Symphony next September. 

It's good not knowing the ropes. Sometimes people want to know way too much and a little surprise is good.

I am not sure I know what you mean about sign up times but at any point ask away and many of us can try to answer your questions.

Keith

• Like 2

3 hours ago, occasional cruising said:

Question: I saw where we can make dinner reservations 60 days before departing ----- can we make more than the one specialty restaurant a piece at that time?

You can make one per restaurant ahead of time so one for each of the three. Once on board you can see if you can add others. At the present time you can make the reservation for only those in your party. If there was someone else traveling with you on a different reservation (friends, relatives, family etc) then you can have them book the same venue, date and time as you and ask for their booking number and send that to on board guests services with their names and your information and they will get the information to the ship to they link your reservations together.

Keith 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TER777 said:

Yesterday in Katakolon Greece.

image.thumb.jpeg.971315ae4b8db8ff4e04214f4bac2bcf.jpeg

This is a good broadside photo that clearly shows how the new Deck 8 Crystal penthouse was sandwiched in between the lifeboats. And how all the previous balcony dividers were removed to create the larger suites. Thanks for sharing.

Rob

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ryndam said:

This is a good broadside photo that clearly shows how the new Deck 8 Crystal penthouse was sandwiched in between the lifeboats. And how all the previous balcony dividers were removed to create the larger suites. Thanks for sharing.

Rob

Not just between the live boats, but in place of those two lifeboats!  (1 each) 

Ditto on my gratitude for the awesome photo, it was nice to see such detail.

Vince

1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

Not just between the live boats, but in place of those two lifeboats!  (1 each) 

Ditto on my gratitude for the awesome photo, it was nice to see such detail.

Vince

The lifeboats looks further back than they used to, or am I misremembering?

3 hours ago, NWX said:

The lifeboats looks further back than they used to, or am I misremembering?

Probably just an optical illusion...  They're in the same places they used to be, two of them are just missing now.  (One on each side, where the new CP's are.)

Vince

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Probably just an optical illusion...  They're in the same places they used to be, two of them are just missing now.  (One on each side, where the new CP's are.)

Vince

It does appear that there are now three tenders (at least on the starboard side) of the ship. Before the current refit, there were a total of 4 shore tenders/lifeboats (2 each side), 4 "regular" lifeboats (2 each side) and the 2 smaller, staff-only boats (2 each side). Unless there is only 1 shore tender/lifeboat on the starboard side now, the picture in post #37 above shows 3 shore tenders/lifeboats, the 1 staff-only boat, but the "regular" lifeboat has been removed and replaced by the new deck 8 Crystal Penthouse.

And the design of the 3 new tender/lifeboats appears different than pre-refit. Does anyone know if the ship received new tenders as part of the refit?

Rob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryndam said:

It does appear that there are now three tenders (at least on the starboard side) of the ship. Before the current refit, there were a total of 4 shore tenders/lifeboats (2 each side), 4 "regular" lifeboats (2 each side) and the 2 smaller, staff-only boats (2 each side). Unless there is only 1 shore tender/lifeboat on the starboard side now, the picture in post #37 above shows 3 shore tenders/lifeboats, the 1 staff-only boat, but the "regular" lifeboat has been removed and replaced by the new deck 8 Crystal Penthouse.

And the design of the 3 new tender/lifeboats appears different than pre-refit. Does anyone know if the ship received new tenders as part of the refit?

Rob

I believe Symphony had 5 tenders pre-refit, three starboard and two port, IIRC.  I say that from memory though -- I'll have to check after work.

Vince

Edited by BWIVince

Yeah, it was three tenders starboard and two tenders port.  Somehow that asymmetry stuck in my head.  Has anyone seen a new exterior pic of the port side to know if that one remaining standard covered lifeboat remains?  I don't think I've seen a pic from that angle since the refit yet.

I also don't seem to have a single pic of the port side of the ship where at least one lifeboat isn't lowered.  Just goes to show how many pics of ships I take from tenders.  🤷‍♂️ 

The tenders look the same to me, with the canvas flaps for doors...  Which I'm fine with -- I have a complete compulsion for sitting by the open flaps and taking pics as the tender sails.  After I die, someone is going to look at my series of pics deliberately taken with the orange rope stretched across and wonder what the heck I was doing.  😁 

53157086067_a1e20d1a22_c.jpg

53157796274_f408db7554_c.jpg

Vince

Edited by BWIVince

I guess I never paid attention to the asymmetrical arrangement of the tenders. Learn something new everyday. 😁🙂

FWIW, I prefer the higher headroom in Serenity's tenders, compared to the head-knocker bulkheads in Symphony's tenders...

Rob

• Like 2