Diamond+ - BOGO

Empehi

22 minutes ago, Empehi said:

On transoceanic repositioning cruises, will RCCL ever allow a BOGO specially dining  benefit on a date later than night two?

If you book and pay for it by night two, it should work, but it's likely ship dependent. 

38 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you book and pay for it by night two, it should work, but it's likely ship dependent. 

Yeah, I've been reading reports on this as we're approaching D+ and most people don't seem to have a problem booking other nights... yet someone currently on Wonder was told only nights 1 or 2. They were also denied using it on Mason Jar brunch.

Unfortunately it seems like yet another YMMV situation.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yeah, I've been reading reports on this as we're approaching D+ and most people don't seem to have a problem booking other nights... yet someone currently on Wonder was told only nights 1 or 2. They were also denied using it on Mason Jar brunch.

Unfortunately it seems like yet another YMMV situation.

Take a look at the Loyalty ambassador or D concierge  letter that will be in the cabin.   It might say "dinner" and it does exclude a few places. 

We had no problem using it for a night other than 1 or 2 but that was back in March.  Rules change often, sometimes from sailing to sailing, so it may have changed.  We've had a set of BOGO rules for the first leg of a B2B, but then a different set for the second leg.  So hard to plan. 

M

14 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

On many cruises, not just TA or repositioning, guests can PAY on night one or two and use the reservation another evening.  It varies from ship to ship, but we find it is allowed more often than not.  

Simply ask.  

M

This has been our experience as well.  

This week on Wonder we were told we must use our BOGO vouchers on nights 1 and/or 2. I was very annoyed.  We were also denied using a BOGO for Hooked (which I was prepared for) and also Mason Jar brunch.  I had to completely re-shuffle my dining rezzies but it all worked out.

15 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

This week on Wonder we were told we must use our BOGO vouchers on nights 1 and/or 2. I was very annoyed.  We were also denied using a BOGO for Hooked (which I was prepared for) and also Mason Jar brunch.  I had to completely re-shuffle my dining rezzies but it all worked out.

Well so much for my plan.  Have a paid ressie for Hooked Night 2 and was planning on asking if I can use the BOGO (it's just me) at Chops night 6 or 7.  Oh well I was kind of prepared for it not to happen.   Which restaurant was it that you asked?  

Edited by molly361

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Well so much for my plan.  Have a paid ressie for Hooked Night 2 and was planning on asking if I can use the BOGO (it's just me) at Chops night 6 or 7.  Oh well I was kind of prepared for it not to happen.   Which restaurant was it that you asked?  

Ellen, I wouldn’t change anything if I were you.  I think the lady helping me had no clue.  It was one of the Promenade kiosks (I know better…I got what I deserved !).  I’ve known too many people who did exactly what you are doing and it worked out fine.  I just didn’t feel like arguing and in the end, it was all fine.  I just had to switch some restaurants around.  Honestly, I think I would have been fine too if I had just pushed forward with my original plans instead of asking for permission !  Lol

Good luck !  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Sadly, Guess they are back to the old original day one and day rules. Hooked is excluded.  We were recently on Mariner, and even on that ship the letter spelled out the exclusions, including Hooked, which is not even on the ship! 

Hope  you enjoy the dinners.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, pcur said:

I wonder if the Liberty will let me use my BOGO for my sis and I on day 3, which is my birthday?  Is that called "pulling the birthday card" trick?  (Sorry, couldn't control the pun.........)

I don’t see why not.  Should be fine

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

You were obviously to whom I was referring earlier in the thread, lol. It took me until today to match your different screen names from here and "over there." 🙈

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pcur said:

I wonder if the Liberty will let me use my BOGO for my sis and I on day 3, which is my birthday?  Is that called "pulling the birthday card" trick?  (Sorry, couldn't control the pun.........)

Paying first  night and dining on another has been approved for years.  Every once in a while they say no. Just reading there is some recent kickback on Wonder.  Haven't heard that it is a problem on any other ship.  

Hope it works out - otherwise celebrate your BD a day early in the specialty restaurant and then on your actual BD in the dining room.    Two celebrations!

M

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 10:02 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Paying first  night and dining on another has been approved for years.  Every once in a while they say no. Just reading there is some recent kickback on Wonder.  Haven't heard that it is a problem on any other ship.  

Hope it works out - otherwise celebrate your BD a day early in the specialty restaurant and then on your actual BD in the dining room.    Two celebrations!

M

"Every once in a while" translates to NEVER on the Anthem.  They are strictly by the book.  Nights 1 & 2 ONLY.  No variations, no begging, no exceptions.

• Like 1