Chardged for Included Casual Dining

UT-Volsfan

Currently on the Grand Princess, which implemented the changed Plus and Premiere packages on Aug. 19th.  Reviewing our online charges today saw a charge labeled Null for $14.99 for each of us.  Went to Guest Services and was told it was for our visit to Alfredo's on the 20th.  We booked the cruise in June with the Plus package, so 2 visits should have been included. Took a few minutes, but finally got the charge removed.

So just wanting to caution people to check their bills carefully.  The computer system obviously hasn't caught up with the new business rules.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

We have been cruising this week on the Royal. Our issue is drink orders placed in the MDR are all being credited to DH. DD and myself are each having 2 glasses of wine with meals. Numerous trips to Guest Services has not fixed it nor has his last evening over charge been removed even after we were told it would be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SSAtlantic said:

We have been cruising this week on the Royal. Our issue is drink orders placed in the MDR are all being credited to DH. DD and myself are each having 2 glasses of wine with meals. Numerous trips to Guest Services has not fixed it nor has his last evening over charge been removed even after we were told it would be. 

We had the same problem last year on the island Princess. Every night drinks from the dining room would appear on our folio. I had to go every day and get it removed. 

2 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

If you are all in the same stateroom, it should not matter and easier for the person putting in the order, assuming you all 3 have the package.

I just had an issue on my Emerald sailing. One day I noticed my count was off for number of alcohol drinks. I went to GS and they have a device to identify what and where you were charged. I recognized all orders except one which was for a beer which I did not order.

The guest services agent would not remove the order/count from my folio and said if I do go over my 15 allotment, they will credit my 16th drink charge, but of course I would need to return to GS to have it done. I almost made a note in my mind to make sure this would happen, but I did not, and I assume the same logic for your case, unless an account maxes out and is charged for a 16th drink, they do not want to be bothered to fix allocations to the correct counts. Someone got a free beer on my account somehow. It only happened once on my 16 night sailing.

If the charges are all going to DH which eventually caused a charge for going over 15, then yes, GS needs to remove and you should insist the server scan each medallion for each persons order so the correct count it being allocated to each account. The scanners have history, so for dinner service they only need to scan or input your info once and can reorder your 2nd glass of wine by scrolling the history.

9 hours ago, wallyj said:

If you are all in the same stateroom, it should not matter and easier for the person putting in the order, assuming you all 3 have the package.

It matters if it is causing her DH to exceed his 15 drink daily allowance.  He will get charged for every drink over 15.  This happened to my husband on our last cruise.  They counted my drinks towards him and charged him when he hit 16.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, UT-Volsfan said:

Currently on the Grand Princess, which implemented the changed Plus and Premiere packages on Aug. 19th.  Reviewing our online charges today saw a charge labeled Null for $14.99 for each of us.  Went to Guest Services and was told it was for our visit to Alfredo's on the 20th.  We booked the cruise in June with the Plus package, so 2 visits should have been included. Took a few minutes, but finally got the charge removed.

So just wanting to caution people to check their bills carefully.  The computer system obviously hasn't caught up with the new business rules.

We had issues last summer on the Grand.  Even though we had the Plus Package the entire first day we were charged for our drinks.  Supposedly the system didn't "reset" but the bartenders could "see" us on their screen and see that we had the package.  We had various other problems, including having to wait to be seated even with Club Class dining. GS line taking care of problems.

IMO I will never sail less than Royal class on Princess, which is unfortunate since there are some great itineraries on the other ships

Edited by Dar & Bob

Stories like this help reinforce my decisions to book standard and then go a la carte for my evening wee drams.  Much, much easier to keep track of and avoids the angst of having to deal with overcharges and trying to get them resolved.

I still keep an eye on my shipboard account, but have never had any troubles like those reported here, even with the advent of the medallion.

If Amazon had this much IT trouble, Bezos would still be selling books out of his garage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TN-Mountains said:

It matters if it is causing her DH to exceed his 15 drink daily allowance.  He will get charged for every drink over 15.  This happened to my husband on our last cruise.  They counted my drinks towards him and charged him when he hit 16.

yeah same has happened to me and DW.  It happens because we use the app to order a lot, and it doesn't make any sense to put in multiple orders, so we end up using one of our phones more heavily than the other and that person's drink count ends up inflated.  Now that we know we can make a point to alternate which phone we use but its kind of silly that we have to. Hopefully they implement a workaround at some point.  It needs to be a combined 30 limit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

yeah same has happened to me and DW.  It happens because we use the app to order a lot, and it doesn't make any sense to put in multiple orders, so we end up using one of our phones more heavily than the other and that person's drink count ends up inflated.  Now that we know we can make a point to alternate which phone we use but its kind of silly that we have to. Hopefully they implement a workaround at some point.  It needs to be a combined 30 limit.

that's why we use the app on my wife's phone - she can take the drink hit 🥰

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Just confirm with the servers  before ordering and after dining  that you have the pkg and are using  your casual dining  credits. It’s a new process to them as well.  

You would think that all the information would be in their computer and not make the passengers have to be concerned about informing the waiters.

His over charge was removed late last night after I went back to guest services. My DD and I are relaxing in the Sanctuary today and all drinks have ended up on her. I think that is fitting since we pay for her anyway. Lol.
I was told by the Sabatini’s manager the waiters tend to put all on one for quickness. 
They really need to fix this.  

• Thanks 1