epic

MIsharona

25 minutes ago, MIsharona said:

except the new ships!  thanks im glad to hear that!  now im getting confused on my private islands lol. great sturrup cay humm. what to do drink pkg works there?

Our one time on GSC was fine, we didn't do much except lie on the beach and do a little swimming. Yes, the drink package works there, and they had pretty good (free) food, too.

imho, (and ive sailed on the epic twice) it's features (good or bad) are about the same as any other ship in the ncl fleet other than the newer ones. its all a matter of perspective, and we've sailed on almost all of the ncl fleet (again, except the newer ones

i would have no qualms about sailing on her again,

6 hours ago, wolft927 said:

I am curiouse as well. We are scheduled to sail on the Escape in january, but before final payment we can sail the Epic in the Deluxe Owners Suite for the same price as the 2 bedroom on the Escape. And i have heard the Epic has the best Haven complex

If you can get a deluxe owners suite on any ship for the same price as a 2 bedroom on any ship you should grab it! The Deluxe owners suites come with some extra perks and they are huge.

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Same here! I really liked this setup, especially having the sink near the bed, so when my wife was using the toilet or shower, I didn't have to wait for her. I kind of miss this...

4 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

We liked this setup as well. I found it difficult to understand why so many didn't like the balcony setup.  I found it really convenient. 

Yeah…I could brush my teeth, wash my face, wash my hands, etc while my SO could be using the toilet.  Never could understand the pushback!

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/25/2023 at 7:16 AM, MIsharona said:

thanks I booked it   we've been on15 cruises and I wasn't sure about this ship lol. anyway I guess we shall see   thanks!

I've never been on a cruise I didn't totally enjoy.  Always a few glitches but basically it's a joy to be cruising on anything, anywhere, any time.  My expectations are always low when I travel, I'm delighted with the good things and ignore or fix the negatives.  I'll bet you have a wonderful time.  

On 8/25/2023 at 7:22 AM, schmoopie17 said:

@mking8288 did a VERY thorough and extensive trip report of his TA a while back. I suggest you find it and read it. We found it very informative, So informative, that we had booked the Epic back then, but have since canceled and booked the Escape for a similar cruise. Not necessarily because of anything negative in the trip report, more because we are going with another couple who have never cruised before, and we didn't want their first experience to be on the Epic. We have been on the Escape previously and felt that would be a better fit...plus the itinerary suited all of us better.

I would love to read @mking8288 trip report on his TA.  But I don't know how to find it.  Seems he has many pages of contributions ... can anyone tell me how to find this Epic trip report?  TIA!

49 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

I would love to read @mking8288 trip report on his TA.  But I don't know how to find it.  Seems he has many pages of contributions ... can anyone tell me how to find this Epic trip report?  TIA!

Here ya go - happy reading, my apology as it is long, very long but detailed.  Grab a cup of coffee, tea or your favorite beverage of choice, some snacks & break it into sections - tips from another CC friend of ours mini-series, lol 😁 

If you still have unanswered questions, feel free to ask - another CC friends @graphicsguy is sailing her in about 10 days out of the "Med" Sea, and I have 200% faith & confidence that he is going to help update mine to his unique 2.0 version, Haven-focused - ours in "steerage" 

Need to amend the latest from the Escape, but most of the newer one from the last 5 to 6 years are "fixed" with the broken CC links ... the "search" function within CC is bad, I re-established them, follow & click (below) under the "Signature" tab/section - should get you to find the yellow brick road.  

Regards & best wishes for a happy cruise

/mking8288 - Henry 

P.S.  @schmoopie17  Greetings ... and thanks, just paying back by sharing our experience as I enjoy other's reporting.  I think you picked up on the latest Escape semi-live.  Early "notice" a different TA coming soon, westbound is next. 

Edited by mking8288

11 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Here ya go - happy reading, my apology as it is long, very long but detailed.  Grab a cup of coffee, tea or your favorite beverage of choice, some snacks & break it into sections - tips from another CC friend of ours mini-series, lol 😁 

If you still have unanswered questions, feel free to ask - another CC friends @graphicsguy is sailing her in about 10 days out of the "Med" Sea, and I have 200% faith & confidence that he is going to help update mine to his unique 2.0 version, Haven-focused - ours in "steerage" 

Need to amend the latest from the Escape, but most of the newer one from the last 5 to 6 years are "fixed" with the broken CC links ... the "search" function within CC is bad, I re-established them, follow & click (below) under the "Signature" tab/section - should get you to find the yellow brick road.  

Regards & best wishes for a happy cruise

/mking8288 - Henry 

P.S.  @schmoopie17  Greetings ... and thanks, just paying back by sharing our experience as I enjoy other's reporting.  I think you picked up on the latest Escape semi-live.  Early "notice" a different TA coming soon, westbound is next. 

I am loving this Epic TA review!  Tomorrow I can check in for our Marseille departure on 16 October, so this review is most enjoyable.  Such a great job!

On 9/24/2023 at 11:35 AM, mking8288 said:

Yes, I was following along on your Escape cruise.

As for a westbound TA, we're looking at booking the Prima out of New York in April, 2025. Problem is, we've been on the Prima and didn't exactly love it. Also, it's not a great cold weather ship. But the itinerary is almost too good to pass up. The Pearl is doing a similar TA around the same time, but we're going on the Pearl this December. So, we'll see...

The Epic is doing a westbound TA out of New York March, 2025 but that is a reverse itinerary of our Escape TA last November. No need to make the same stops again. 

• Like 1

We enjoyed the epic and got to sail on her i think within the first year of her starting to sail. At that time it had circus o le and blue man group.  We met Sheehan in Osheehans after we boarded. There was so much to do and places to eat we didnt get to experience it all but looking forward to getting back on her in 2025 after her drydock. We also enjoyed the bars back then and they actually had unique drink menus for each bar. They also carried a lot of foreign beer at the time which was cool. We also like the manhattan room for dining and the h2o club at the back was great for evening shows and hanging out. 

The ONLY thing i can suggest is to make sure you get a bed close to the balcony. We got a room with bed closer to entry door/ shower and it made getting ready in the evenings a bit complicated. 

Edited by v3cruiser