Difference between Venture and larger ships

dalliowner

3 hours ago, Hobar said:

@SLSD

Likening to farm animals those who enjoy a casual buffet rather than a long lunch being doted upon is not kind, and judging others is an awful trait that permeates so many posts.  

My comment quoting a fellow seabourner is a bit dismissive I admit.  So is saying that those who lunch in the Restaurant are "doted upon" just because they prefer to dine ordering form a menu.  So--I guess it's a draw.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 2

@SLSD calling your fellow cruisers farm animals is hardly tantamount to commenting that some like being “doted upon.”  Your comment was not just a “bit dismissive;” it was uncalled for and downright rude, but enough said. 

Edited by Hobar
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hobar said:

@SLSD calling your fellow cruisers farm animals is hardly tantamount to commenting that some like being “doted upon.”  Your comment was not just a “bit dismissive;” it was uncalled for and downright rude, but enough said. 

Indeed.   

9 hours ago, Hobar said:

Perfectly said.

• Like 2

Haven't been on Venture nor Pursuit yet , currently on Le Commodant Charcot  which is the ultimate expedition ship, and on this sailing offered multiple strenuous 4 1/2+ hour hikes. One of the team who has serious mountaineering credentials and leads the hikes warned people they had to be in really good shape.  The white water trip  we did with Seabourn when we went to Antarctica was amazing, another time on a different cruise was more like a float trip.

28 minutes ago, 2SailingNomads said:

Haven't been on Venture nor Pursuit yet , currently on Le Commodant Charcot  which is the ultimate expedition ship, and on this sailing offered multiple strenuous 4 1/2+ hour hikes. One of the team who has serious mountaineering credentials and leads the hikes warned people they had to be in really good shape.  The white water trip  we did with Seabourn when we went to Antarctica was amazing, another time on a different cruise was more like a float trip.

Who wants to go on vacation and become Scott of the Antarctic.

I have just returned from the Pursuit and from what I can tell it will be a fantastic and luxurious way of seeing expedition locations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Luxury said:

Who wants to go on vacation and become Scott of the Antarctic.

I have just returned from the Pursuit and from what I can tell it will be a fantastic and luxurious way of seeing expedition locations.

Heading back from 90° North only 2 ships can take you there. You don't want to go on the other one. Alain Ducasse associated restaurant that has been serving up some amazing food for being on a ship.  I love Seabourn but this is a different level of experience if you want to go places no one else can.  Tons of PC6 class ships only 1 PC2, too bad Seabourn didn't go for PC3 level and stand out from the competition. Not disputing that Venture and Pursuit are great ships, but not ground breaking for serious experiences.

10 minutes ago, 2SailingNomads said:

Heading back from 90° North only 2 ships can take you there. You don't want to go on the other one. Alain Ducasse associated restaurant that has been serving up some amazing food for being on a ship.  I love Seabourn but this is a different level of experience if you want to go places no one else can.  Tons of PC6 class ships only 1 PC2, too bad Seabourn didn't go for PC3 level and stand out from the competition. Not disputing that Venture and Pursuit are great ships, but not ground breaking for serious experiences.

Yes,agree.

On 9/5/2023 at 8:56 AM, Nops said:

Totally agree, if subscribers canot be civil then do not post. 

Let's keep in mind that @SLSD is a long-time participant here who has time and again been a helpful and considerate member of the community. It's easy to read bad intent into words on a page but given the sum-total of my interactions with them I'm quite confident they don't think I'm a farm animal despite the fact that I love a good buffet, whether breakfast lunch or dinner. To each their own. Live and let live.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

On 8/30/2023 at 8:39 AM, SLSD said:

We really like the restaurant at lunch and have had consistently great food there at lunch.  I think many would enjoy it.  It is not at all like "feeding at the trough" as one of our Seabourn friends calls the buffet in the Colonnade.  One of my favoirte dishes was a Mongolian beef stir fry.  There is always shrimp cocktail, good salads, different entrees and desserts.  Lunch in the restaurant is part of what makes our SB cruises a luxury experience.  For us, it is very much worth it.  Everyone is different.  On our June Ovation cruise, both breakfast and lunch were well attended in the Restaurant.  

I'm confused. I know SLSD likes the restaurant at lunch on the classic ships. But didn't know you'd been on the Venture which I think is the subject here. Or am I really confused?

1 hour ago, Mahogany said:

I'm confused. I know SLSD likes the restaurant at lunch on the classic ships. But didn't know you'd been on the Venture which I think is the subject here. Or am I really confused?

We look forward to sailing on the Pursuit or the Venture, but haven't yet.  My comment was meant to be about lunch in the MDR in general--and yes, it is worth it.  I'm sure if there was a great lunch in the MDR on Ovation, the lunch on the new expedition ships would be equally good.  No need to be confused.  

7 hours ago, SLSD said:

We look forward to sailing on the Pursuit or the Venture, but haven't yet.  My comment was meant to be about lunch in the MDR in general--and yes, it is worth it.  I'm sure if there was a great lunch in the MDR on Ovation, the lunch on the new expedition ships would be equally good.  No need to be confused.  

My understanding from reading so many posts about Venture and Pursuit, at least for the expedition sailings, attract a more active demographic than those who prefer to dine ordering from a menu and being waited upon. That was also my experience on Venture. You are lucky to have what you want on the Ovation.

On 9/8/2023 at 2:05 PM, markandjie said:

Let's keep in mind that @SLSD is a long-time participant here who has time and again been a helpful and considerate member of the community. It's easy to read bad intent into words on a page but given the sum-total of my interactions with them I'm quite confident they don't think I'm a farm animal despite the fact that I love a good buffet, whether breakfast lunch or dinner. To each their own. Live and let live.

Agree. My wife and are are big fans of the buffet for breakfast and lunch. However, we took no offense whatsoever to the "feeding at the trough" remark, and it actually made us smile. Maybe we are not sensitive enough.

7 minutes ago, commodoredave said:

Agree. My wife and are are big fans of the buffet for breakfast and lunch. However, we took no offense whatsoever to the "feeding at the trough" remark, and it actually made us smile. Maybe we are not sensitive enough.

There's no need to bring a trowel each is there😀

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

There's no need to bring a trowel each is there😀

I've just finished my first class in sensitivity training. I am now offended by everything and everyone. Mr Luxury, I find your comments hurtful, damaging, insensivitive and unduly harsh - please keep them coming so I can convince my therapist to recommend a cruise for recovery! 😂

• Haha 7