Bubbles Package ? Recent Cruisers Mardi Gras

srobinet63

We are not drinkers so we purchased the Bubbles package. If you go to the bar to request a soda will they give it to you in a can? How are the drink stations? Is the soda watered down/too syrupy/flat ? I read a post from someone commenting on how bad the sodas were. I'm not sure which ship other than it was a Carnival ship. 

8 minutes ago, srobinet63 said:

We are not drinkers so we purchased the Bubbles package. If you go to the bar to request a soda will they give it to you in a can? How are the drink stations? Is the soda watered down/too syrupy/flat ? I read a post from someone commenting on how bad the sodas were. I'm not sure which ship other than it was a Carnival ship. 

I usually bring one case of minis with me and I'm good with that.

Bottomless Bubbles is served by the glass, not by the can.

I have heard that there are fountains on the Excel class ships like Mardi Gras but no first hand experience. In general, you'll get 8 ounces of warm canned soda poured over ice. Meaning it'll be watered down and fairly flat.

I believe that the location of where you are on the ship will determine what sort of soda (can vs fountain) you will receive. Not all locations will have both. However, if you prefer a certain type, the waiter will likely get it for you.

20 minutes ago, coondog99 said:

I believe that the location of where you are on the ship will determine what sort of soda (can vs fountain) you will receive. Not all locations will have both. However, if you prefer a certain type, the waiter will likely get it for you.

Few bars have soda guns.  They crack open a can and pour.

• Like 1

We had the bottomless bubbles on our last cruise (on the Liberty) - we also brought 30 oz double walled stainless cups (that I personally designed / created for our trip).  We took our cups to the bar and gave them to the bartender, who filled them with ice and our choice of soda...  the cups were large enough that we got the entire can of soda AND because they were double walled stainless, they stayed cold and the ice melted very slowly, so our drinks didn't get watered down.  It was a win / win!

LOL my BF is a huge Purdue fan (and Purdue graduate) so of course the cup I made for him had to be Purdue related!!

20230720_202601.jpg

Purdue cup a.jpg

Edited by angelsfort
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 6:59 AM, 1025cruise said:

While you might luck out and get a can, technically it's supposed to be poured into a cup, with or without ice as you prefer.

I don't believe Carnival has fountain "guns" anywhere and always pours from a can.

I've gotten cans 99 percent of the time.   Bars, mdr etc.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, srobinet63 said:

Can we request sodas at any of the dining locations?

absolutely!  But be sure to do it quickly after you sit down, on our last cruise we had issues with getting our drinks halfway or towards the end of our meals

also this cruise was the first time our server didn't remember that we had a drink package.  On all of our past cruises, they've remembered and gotten our drinks to us almost as soon as we sat down! 

This server also forgot my name (Dianna) and started calling me by a different one (Nicole) halfway through the first night...  and that was my name the rest of the cruise!  I corrected him on day two and he apologized and referred to me by my own name but the next time he addressed me, I was Nicole again (so I gave up!)

In his defense, our table was a hot mess that entire cruise - it was a table for 10 and not once did we have a full table.  each night a different couple came to dinner and NEVER on time, they were always 30-40 minutes late to the dinner seating.  and then they'd take FOREVER to get their food ordered...  we were generally done with dessert by the time the others at our table even got their appetizers.  I felt bad for our server! (the irony here is that I can't remember HIS name!!!  LOL)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, angelsfort said:

absolutely!  But be sure to do it quickly after you sit down, on our last cruise we had issues with getting our drinks halfway or towards the end of our meals

also this cruise was the first time our server didn't remember that we had a drink package.  On all of our past cruises, they've remembered and gotten our drinks to us almost as soon as we sat down! 

This server also forgot my name (Dianna) and started calling me by a different one (Nicole) halfway through the first night...  and that was my name the rest of the cruise!  I corrected him on day two and he apologized and referred to me by my own name but the next time he addressed me, I was Nicole again (so I gave up!)

In his defense, our table was a hot mess that entire cruise - it was a table for 10 and not once did we have a full table.  each night a different couple came to dinner and NEVER on time, they were always 30-40 minutes late to the dinner seating.  and then they'd take FOREVER to get their food ordered...  we were generally done with dessert by the time the others at our table even got their appetizers.  I felt bad for our server! (the irony here is that I can't remember HIS name!!!  LOL)

they should have just eaten in the buffet. That's downright rude to everybody at the table and to the waitstaff. Wouldn't you agree Nicole?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

they should have just eaten in the buffet. That's downright rude to everybody at the table and to the waitstaff. Wouldn't you agree Nicole?

LOL too funny - maybe I should just change my name!  maybe more folks would pronounce it right if I WAS Nicole?!  LOL

and yeah, I completely agree - it was very rude and disruptive to the service.  (and I feel like maybe it affected the next seating as well?  We don't know...  we didn't stick around to find out.  We usually left before they even did any of the silliness that usually ensues in the dining room around "dessert" time...   after the cruise was over, I realized that I missed that!!)

12 hours ago, angelsfort said:

LOL too funny - maybe I should just change my name!  maybe more folks would pronounce it right if I WAS Nicole?!  LOL

and yeah, I completely agree - it was very rude and disruptive to the service.  (and I feel like maybe it affected the next seating as well?  We don't know...  we didn't stick around to find out.  We usually left before they even did any of the silliness that usually ensues in the dining room around "dessert" time...   after the cruise was over, I realized that I missed that!!)

Dianna I found it a funny story. I wonder why he kept calling you Nicole. 
Youll definitely remember that for a long time.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/30/2023 at 9:59 AM, TexasJohn82 said:

You can get Bubly on the bubbles package for sparkling/zero sugar water

On the Venezia, we could only find Bubly in the MDR and it was available at the San Marco lobby bar 1 night.