Positivity Required!

Claret and Blue

36 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

Actually being referred to as cattle is very derogatory.

to be with a bunch of typically older more boring couples. 

older more boring " 

LOL--- Love it !! You win !!

The average poster on CC is probably old but not necessarily boring.

Who d'ya think has time to spend " hours " posting stuff on CC ??

LOL---Just read some of the complaints and/or questions---same ones over and over again.

" No round tomatoes-- what would you choose/do -- why is Celebrity charging for room service at 2 am just because the delivery people were never given a $2 tip -- I seen a child in the Solarium , and everybody's favorite --- No, it's tooooo obvious ( Who's the etc etc ).

Gotta go--- no more time and besides I don't got no complaints ----and I'm not 92.

26 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

I did not call you old I said “typically older” there is a big difference. It’s a general view not a specific one reflecting each individual cruiser. Also I would not say that being older is a bad thing at all. Enjoy the expendable income you’ve created in your successful lifetime, people my age have not reached that stage in our lives yet.

We may be old but there is no need to call us boring.  😭😭😭

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

older more boring " 

LOL--- Love it !! You win !!

The average poster on CC is probably old but not necessarily boring.

Who d'ya think has time to spend " hours " posting stuff on CC ??

LOL---Just read some of the complaints and/or questions---same ones over and over again.

" No round tomatoes-- what would you choose/do -- why is Celebrity charging for room service at 2 am just because the delivery people were never given a $2 tip -- I seen a child in the Solarium , and everybody's favorite --- No, it's tooooo obvious ( Who's the etc etc ).

Gotta go--- no more time and besides I don't got no complaints ----and I'm not 92.

The tomatoes was a facepalm moment for sure. So funny. Remember the days as a kid when you thought your parents where old… age is relative. I guess I should say older but that is a good percentage of Celebrity cruisers. 

3 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

The tomatoes was a facepalm moment for sure

LOL--- Whomever posted it as a tread was serious.

" Hey, xyz -- remember the time I asked for them round tomatoes and the Waiter looked at me like I was crazy ? I gotta let people know about it "

Off topic --- I heard there's a famous restaurant in Ottawa that has the best eggrolls.

What's the name in case we come there sometime ?

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

LOL--- Whomever posted it as a tread was serious.

" Hey, xyz -- remember the time I asked for them round tomatoes and the Waiter looked at me like I was crazy ? I gotta let people know about it "

Off topic --- I heard there's a famous restaurant in Ottawa that has the best eggrolls.

What's the name in case we come there sometime ?

No clue lol never heard of Ottawa being known for the best egg rolls, must be a closely guarded secret. We are known as the city of shawarma though lol. More shawarma places per capita than anywhere else in the world.

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2023 at 9:30 AM, Claret and Blue said:

Please help me!

I'm on the Infinity in 3 weeks time. I've read about all the cut backs. Do I have any improvements in service, food & beverage and/or entertainment to look forward to? The thought of school dinners mashed potato with dinner every night is already causing me lost sleep. I need some positivity!

(PS can you still get a desert wine, Sauternes or Tokaji, as part of the premium drinks package?)

Oh, goodness, I find the naysayers are always the loudest in the room.

Those of us satisfied are simply content to be so.

I have cruised 16 cruises on 6 different lines in the last 15 months...2 on Celebrity.

Equinox in Nov & Beyond in March.

Celebrity remains our FAVORITE line.

Has any trip been perfect? 

Nope.

But has every trip been good?

Yep.

Determined not an MSC fan...but even good things about those cruises.

After 34 cruises in 20 years...and many other trips along the way, 

ONE thing is the difference between a great time & a miserable one.

ATTITUDE.

Don't get me wrong. Crap happens. But it is nearly always situational.

And if you try again & find it's a pattern, you learn. 

DH & I joke that we would still have a good time on that Carnival ship that was stranded at sea w/o electricity for 3 days.

ATTITUDE.

(LOL I'm the one that started a thread w/ my thoughts on cuts...boy oh boy did it get the responses...)

Edited by KKB
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2023 at 7:30 AM, Claret and Blue said:

Please help me!

I'm on the Infinity in 3 weeks time. I've read about all the cut backs. Do I have any improvements in service, food & beverage and/or entertainment to look forward to? The thought of school dinners mashed potato with dinner every night is already causing me lost sleep. I need some positivity!

You will have a wonderful time! Please do not stress about mashed potatoes. You can ask your waiter to substitute any of the other veggies or starches that are on the menu, including Mac N Cheese or French Fries from the children's menu, or rice pilaf or anything else you spot that's a side of one of the other entrees. I've seen some people also order two entrees and combine what they like from each. We were on one of the older Celebrity ships recently and though the menu may not have been as elaborate as it was 10 years ago, the food was still very good. Also please try the buffet at lunchtime. They now seem to go to the extra effort of themes and lovely choices at the buffet for lunch.

One of the many mentors I've had in my life taught me what might be the most important lesson I may ever learn:  the only thing in this world you have absolute control over is your attitude.  It's not what happens to you that matters but how you react to it.

A corollary to that rule is: if you are convinced that you will not have a good time, you'll be correct.  By the same token, if you are ready to have a good time, you probably will.

And yet another corollary:  There ALWAYS is a good time to be had somewhere on a cruise ship.  If that good time isn't happening where you are at the moment, then either get up and go find it or tuen where you are into a good time.

Some of the worst food I ever had was on a cruise.  We joked about it, laughed about it, ate it, and reminded ourselves who grateful we were just to be on a cruise.  We also drank a lot.

A lot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

One of the many mentors I've had in my life taught me what might be the most important lesson I may ever learn:  the only thing in this world you have absolute control over is your attitude.  It's not what happens to you that matters but how you react to it.

A corollary to that rule is: if you are convinced that you will not have a good time, you'll be correct.  By the same token, if you are ready to have a good time, you probably will.

And yet another corollary:  There ALWAYS is a good time to be had somewhere on a cruise ship.  If that good time isn't happening where you are at the moment, then either get up and go find it or tuen where you are into a good time.

Some of the worst food I ever had was on a cruise.  We joked about it, laughed about it, ate it, and reminded ourselves who grateful we were just to be on a cruise.  We also drank a lot.

A lot.

Sometimes, people really ARE out to get you.  Being naive is just stupid.  😳

We leave on the Millie TP on 9/15. Can't wait for our cruise after several canceled TP's because of covid. We will have a great time in our Aqua class aft cabin and not sweat the small to medium stuff. Also we have decided to wait and evaluate if we want to continue booking Celebrity in the future. I sure hope we do as we have always enjoyed Celebrity.

3 hours ago, C4HCG said:

Me neither and so am I 

I find that strange, it has been in common use over here for about 20 years, originally related to  computer games and football / cars and other male dominated interests, hence the way it is gendered, but not exclusively as it spread out as forums and other social media developed.

16 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

I find that strange, it has been in common use over here for about 20 years, originally related to  computer games and football / cars and other male dominated interests, hence the way it is gendered, but not exclusively as it spread out as forums and other social media developed.

I’ve learnt something new then, honestly never heard the term before 

9 hours ago, Longhorn-ED said:

We leave on the Millie TP on 9/15. Can't wait for our cruise after several canceled TP's because of covid. We will have a great time in our Aqua class aft cabin and not sweat the small to medium stuff. Also we have decided to wait and evaluate if we want to continue booking Celebrity in the future. I sure hope we do as we have always enjoyed Celebrity.

We have spent 29 nights on Millie this year. Andrea, hotel manager, runs a tight ship and is happy to chat with you if you have any concerns. She is always walking around the ship.  The staff at the Martini Bar is wonderful - Krisna is outstanding. The Rendezvous Bar is also outstanding. The entertainment on the ship is some of the best we has seen on Celebrity. Make sure you watch the Boogie Wonderland Show and the Arielist Show. The Broadway Show was good but we really enjoyed the other 2. The Activity Staff is a lot of fun. Patrick, Kristina and the third lady - I forget her name at the moment but she is from Puerto Vallarta (she had just joined Millie 2 days before we left) - do not miss pronounce her town if you speak with her. LOL ! We had her for 3 weeks on the Solstice - she is tough in the Yes - No game. We were in Retreat and Standard cabins - so I can't comment on the Blu Staff. We love that ship and the staff feels like family. Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JLMcruise said:

We have spent 29 nights on Millie this year. Andrea, hotel manager, runs a tight ship and is happy to chat with you if you have any concerns. She is always walking around the ship.  The staff at the Martini Bar is wonderful - Krisna is outstanding. The Rendezvous Bar is also outstanding. The entertainment on the ship is some of the best we has seen on Celebrity. Make sure you watch the Boogie Wonderland Show and the Arielist Show. The Broadway Show was good but we really enjoyed the other 2. The Activity Staff is a lot of fun. Patrick, Kristina and the third lady - I forget her name at the moment but she is from Puerto Vallarta (she had just joined Millie 2 days before we left) - do not miss pronounce her town if you speak with her. LOL ! We had her for 3 weeks on the Solstice - she is tough in the Yes - No game. We were in Retreat and Standard cabins - so I can't comment on the Blu Staff. We love that ship and the staff feels like family. Have fun!

Great info, Thank you

Ed

7 hours ago, JLMcruise said:

How does one contact the Hotel Director?  Is it as simple as pressing 0 on your room phone and asking to be transferred to their voicemail?  Question is for both suite and non suite customers since we will have one then the other.

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

How does one contact the Hotel Director?  Is it as simple as pressing 0 on your room phone and asking to be transferred to their voicemail?  Question is for both suite and non suite customers since we will have one then the other.

I guess you could phone her but Andrea was almost always visible. I would "run" into her several times a day. She is a tall blond German Lady. She welcomes you onboard, she is visible the at each port on land at early time when guests first get off.  Andrea walks the entire ship everyday. You will see her with the captain after some of the shows. She welcomed us on with big hugs and gave us a big hug on each disembarkation. She takes care of the whole "Hotel" part of the ship suite and non suite passengers. She is very kind. She sat down with us and we spoke at length about the changes occurring at Celebrity - what is really happening versus all the speculation.

10 hours ago, Mark_T said:

For females the term is Fangirl. 😉