Scale?

It depends on the slide/attraction. On rides like The Tidal Wave on Liberty, they actually weigh you and your ride partner since there is both a minimum and maximum total weight (there are 2 people on the raft). I don't remember ever seeing anyone weighed for anything else. I have seen some rather large folks get on the water slides and no-one even batted an eye. However, there are other attractions that did have weight limits (trapeze, etc.). If I remember correctly, those did have red/green lights (but I think there was an actual digital read-out as well if someone wanted to check their actual weight).  

2 hours ago, John Reid said:

They employ former carney workers from the "Guess your Weight" booth. If they miss by more than 3 pounds, you win an RCI key chain. If they miss by more than 5, you get a RCI highlighter!

Can't remember what slide , but worker once made my wife step on scale ... she was like 60 lbs under the weight limit.

Lucky he still has both his eyes

• Haha 1

There is a scale for zipline on Oasis. They just make everyone weigh-so no one feels uncomfortable/or everyone feels uncomfortable. I can not stand to weigh on a scale anywhere-but at least it was in Kilograms not pounds. I was too lazy to do the math in my head-so it was fine. It is probably embarrassing to be turned away, though- so I would not do it if my weight was really close to the limit.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2023 at 8:14 AM, John Reid said:

They employ former carney workers from the "Guess your Weight" booth. If they miss by more than 3 pounds, you win an RCI key chain. If they miss by more than 5, you get a RCI highlighter!

For yrs 70-80 I use to Win this at Carnivals and Amusement Parks all the time. Did Win some good stuff back then. They'd always guess average 20# too low.