YIKES another IT glitch

Dar & Bob

With the sale on excursions that has been going on, we and 2 other couples were booking our excursions for a November 2024 cruise.  DH and I had $750 OBC to spend and we booked $622 in excursions using the OBC.  Got all the normal confirms etc. We booked the last one yesterday morning (Friday) and it showed $128 remaining OBC .  So all was well and good

Today (Saturday) I two emails at 1:15 pm reminding me of my payments due... wait what?  I go onto the X website and not only do I not have any OBC showing, our balance is now showing at 9,151 instead of 5,488 and of course the wait is 90 minutes to talk to anyone.   WTH Celebrity.

Unfortunately our friends had to do the 90 minute wait yesterday because they did not get OBC for their Book Later deposits which the reps argued with them about.  Have loved our Celebrity cruises but they are really testing my patience

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

With the sale on excursions that has been going on, we and 2 other couples were booking our excursions for a November 2024 cruise.  DH and I had $750 OBC to spend and we booked $622 in excursions using the OBC.  Got all the normal confirms etc. We booked the last one yesterday morning (Friday) and it showed $128 remaining OBC .  So all was well and good

Today (Saturday) I two emails at 1:15 pm reminding me of my payments due... wait what?  I go onto the X website and not only do I not have any OBC showing, our balance is now showing at 9,151 instead of 5,488 and of course the wait is 90 minutes to talk to anyone.   WTH Celebrity.

Unfortunately our friends had to do the 90 minute wait yesterday because they did not get OBC for their Book Later deposits which the reps argued with them about.  Have loved our Celebrity cruises but they are really testing my patience

Unless final payment is due in the next few days I would wait until next Wednesday or Thursday before calling.

For a couple of reasons

1.  It’s a holiday weekend and in the midst of a flash sale so the more experienced reps are most likely off leaving newer reps and a high call volume.

2. The IT glitch maybe be corrected in a couple of days and your account corrected without doing anything.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.    Every time Celebrity has a "SALE" their IT Department screws up the website and many of it's components.    I had the same thing happen a couple months ago and after a couple days it was back to normal with no action on my part.

4 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

Exactly same thing happened to us right after I linked our reservations (supposedly for dinner only) with our friends.  Both our separate cruise reservations now show the total amount owed for the total of both our cruises.  And I also received two emails that say unless I pay for my pre-booked  reservations (which were fully covered by OBC with a balance remaining a few days ago), they will be cancelled.  The telephone wait was announced at over 120 minutes today so I guess they will fix it themselves someday.  Wishful thinking, I know.  🤭

I had paid for our Specialty Restaurants using OBC and had a good sum remaining.  Then I got an email saying if I did not pay the balance for one of the Specialty Restaurants, it would be cancelled.  I looked and had confirmations.  Guess what?  My reservation for one of the restaurants was cancelled.  Had to call and it took a long time to resolve the issue.  No one could figure out why I received that cancellation notice.

1 hour ago, Islander500 said:

Exactly same thing happened to us right after I linked our reservations (supposedly for dinner only) with our friends.  Both our separate cruise reservations now show the total amount owed for the total of both our cruises.  And I also received two emails that say unless I pay for my pre-booked  reservations (which were fully covered by OBC with a balance remaining a few days ago), they will be cancelled.  The telephone wait was announced at over 120 minutes today so I guess they will fix it themselves someday.  Wishful thinking, I know.  🤭

try to call early am ..if offered leave a call back no

• Thanks 1

I’m sorry to say this happened to me as well months ago. It took weeks to sort out and executive office had to get involved. All the payments/FCC/OBV have now been applied but none of my current invoices show that I have the all inclusive perks. I am hoping and praying everything is ok on their end and I won’t be at guest services all night to try and sort this out.

So after about 5 hours time my issue is supposedly solved.  Not completely happy with the solution but we're at their mercy.  

I did call and did the call me back option which was supposed to be 90 minutes.  I waited 2 hours before calling back with a wait of an 1:45.  Told the rep my problem which he had to go to the "resolutions" team.  Took about another 45 minutes to get my balance to the correct number and get the AI package reinstalled.  However, my current confirmation looks nothing like the original - the second fare was just adjusted and no AllInc codes but these:

TDX8-BASICWIFCH10
TDX9-BASICWIFSV10
TFD8-GRAT STD 10N
TFQ6-PROMO2C 10N
TFQ7-BEVCLINGRA10

Looks like codes for the Tech Dept?  

Also 4 of our 6 excusions show twice on my order history, which the rep tried to explain to me but I still have no idea why.  If I want to cancel any of them (cruise is 15 months away)  I don't know how I would do it.  

So yes my balance is back to what I owe and I have everything that I had previously.  I have copies of all of my transactions along the way - hopefully I never need them.

20 hours ago, Islander500 said:

So Celebrity customer service surprised & delighted me today so only fair to share.  Called Saturday, left my number for a call back. Chen called me last night; fixed my booking, fixed my OBC, fixed my friend’s booking, fixed my friend’s OBC. And finally changed all our specialty dining reservations to a table for four. The system wouldn’t let us or her do it last night so she asked us questions about what we wanted.  Said she worked late last night and would be back this am; she promised to take care of it.  This morning, she called me at 9:30 am.  Had all the reservations rebooked for 4 (we had authorized last night) at times she thought we would want.  

I was duly impressed!  She works in customer service - post cruise unit.  Wish I could have gotten her cell phone for any future issues.  So if anyone from Celebrity reads this, Chen was amazing!