Upgrading to Premier On Board

Rick&Jeannie

18 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I know you can upgrade to the Premier drink package once on board...but can you upgrade to the Premier Fare Package?

Yes, they are selling the beverage packages and the UG’s for the packages also Day 1 and Day 2.  The FAQ on the website about the Plus and Premier packages it is stated on question #11.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I know you can upgrade to the Premier drink package once on board...but can you upgrade to the Premier Fare Package?

Yes, Princess Plus and Premier Cruise Packages are available aboard for purchase or upgrade.

As are the Princess Plus and Premier standalone beverage packages.. 

• Like 1

Just got of the Crown Princess.  I had the standard package as my wife doesn't drink and hence it would not be cost effective to purchase a package for the 2 of us.  But surprisingly I was able to purchase the premier package for just myself.  Previously I didn't think it was possible to purchase for just 1 person in a cabin.

53 minutes ago, TM said:

Just got of the Crown Princess.  I had the standard package as my wife doesn't drink and hence it would not be cost effective to purchase a package for the 2 of us.  But surprisingly I was able to purchase the premier package for just myself.  Previously I didn't think it was possible to purchase for just 1 person in a cabin.

Are you speaking of the Premier *Drink Package* or the Premier *Fare Package*?

My question is regarding the Fare Package.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Are you speaking of the Premier *Drink Package* or the Premier *Fare Package*?

My question is regarding the Fare Package.

3 hours ago, TM said:

The premier fare package which would have included drinks, gratuities, and internet.

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Interesting!  I, too, thought both people in a cabin had to purchase.

I'm guessing some eager crew member blew it and sold something that isn't allowed. Lucky for @TM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TM said:

The premier fare package which would have included drinks, gratuities, and internet.

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Interesting!  I, too, thought both people in a cabin had to purchase.

11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I'm guessing some eager crew member blew it and sold something that isn't allowed. Lucky for @TM

I just checked the Princess Plus & Princess Premier Terms & Conditions on the Princess website. It states "One guest’s participation in Princess Plus [Princess Premier] may be dependent on the other guest in his/her stateroom’s participation, as determined by booking method." Notice that it says "may be dependent" - not "is dependent". The only thing consistent on Princess is the lack of consistency. I don't know what booking methods allow one person to get it and the other one not, but apparently that is allowed onboard - at least some of the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TM said:

Hey @TM, please confirm, in the thread ‘ One person in cabin with drinks package’, you state you Could have bought the package or were offered by crew saying you could purchase just for yourself, but in that thread I get the impression you did NOT purchase the package. 

You answer above gives the impression you DID purchase, which you would be the first I have seen post successfully purchasing the package for just one in the cabin when there are more than one in the cabin.

Edited by wallyj

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

See TM’s reply in thread ‘One person in cabin with drinks package’, it appears he did NOT purchase a package but was just offered, so we do not know for sure if Princess will actually allow one passenger sharing a cabin to purchase. Would assume the ‘system’ would have alert or once the crew member entered the cabin number, the price would ‘double’ like it does on the cruise Personalizer when you click on get upgrade price for plus or premier when you have at least 2 in the cabin.

10 minutes ago, TM said:

I did not purchase the package.  The guy promoting the packages on the ship did actually pull it up on his handheld device to show me what the pricing would be for just me.  

It would be sweet if I could purchase the Plus fare for just me but I can't count on that being available.

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Agreed, but if waiting until embarkation day, one could ask and see what they are offering.  It seems too good to be true.

Somehow I think three system would hiccup and kick the order back