What's your favorite specialty cocktail

Peckishpixie

I love pretty much anything with St. Germaine or Grand Marnier. Hubby is a bourbon drinker. We both love a good Cabernet.

Loving this thread so far! Everyone has such great faves and it's given me some new drinks to try out when we board the Apex on Dec. 9. This is only our second cruise ever and I'm looking forward to having the premium drink package on this trip so that I can work my way through the menus like Chemmo has mentioned.

My husband and I are going to make an attempt at documenting our cocktail adventures on APEX if anyone wants to follow along on IG at MomAndDadGetShipfaced. I can't make any promises on the quality of the content however! LOL!

• Like 1

I usually drink a  Pina Colada and then get a shot of Kahlua and pour it on top.   

Miami Vice is half Pina Colada half strawberry Daiquiri,

My absolute favorite right now is a French Martini - Pineapple juice, Chambord, and vodka; but if I am looking for something a lot less sweet, then I get a Very dry dirty (think filthy) Martini with bleu cheese stuffed green olives - Vodka, a drop of dry vermouth, and a lot of olive brine. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 5:00 PM, miched said:

Here is a good frozen drink similar to a mudslide but not made with a mix.   I will show it to the bartenders and they make it.   

Drink up 🥂🍷🥃🧉🍾🍹🍸

IMG_0962.png

This sounds sooo good but deadly!  Copied 😉

~Bernadette

Edited by Ciaranaman

Since not all ships have the WCB, I’ve been thinking about what I like at the other lounges. At the Eden Bar, I like the Piña (Del Maguey mezcal, pineapple/fennel shrub, simple soda). At both the Passport Bar and the Rendezvous Lounge, I like the Loss of Words (Don Julio Blanco, Amontillado sherry, Cocchi Americano, simple and lemon).

• While I have a Premium Package on our next cruise, I intend to try a couple of gin based cocktails. One is Celebrity No. Ten at the World Class Bar (Tanquerey Gin, fresh raspberries, lemon juice, crème de Violette, ginger ale). It’s a gorgeous cocktail, but I was already sipping my second Azteca when the woman on a nearby barstool ordered one😂 The Last Voyage at the Ensemble Lounge sounds interesting too.

DH likes bourbon and scotch whisky based cocktails. He casts another vote for the Zacapa (Celebrity now stocks Brugal instead) Old Fashioned at the World Class Bar. He also likes their Highlander (Highland Park, French herbal liqueur, Cognac, fortified wine).

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ciaranaman said:

This sounds sooo good but deadly!  Copied 😉

~Bernadette

Coming  back from a port we will stop in Cafe al Bacio and get that with a shot of espresso added to it and get it stirred instead of blended.    Some of the workers would call it the kitchen sink after the first time.   They do go down easy.   

Another one that they have to make without using a mix is a Colorado Bulldog.

it is basically a White Russian with cola added to it. 

2 ounces vanilla vodka
1 ounce coffee liqueur
2 ounces cola
1 ounce heavy cream

Stir the first 3 ingredients with ice and then float on the cream and add 
1 maraschino cherry, for garnish

image.jpeg.e2be1bf2d40c078e932bd6424af44528.jpeg

Drink up 🍾🧉🥂🍹🥃🍸🍷

• Like 1

There is an app called DrinksFree.   You can search for drinks by listing ingredients that you have or like and it will show the drinks you can make.

It also has about any drink you can imagine in alphabetical order and how to make them.   It is great to get some ideas 

Drink up 🍷🍸🍾🥂🧉🍹🥃

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 3:00 PM, miched said:

Here is a good frozen drink similar to a mudslide but not made with a mix.   I will show it to the bartenders and they make it.   

Drink up 🥂🍷🥃🧉🍾🍹🍸

IMG_0962.png

I tried to get the bartender at the sunset bar (Equinox) to make it for me and he said no way it's all booze 🙂 exact same pic you are showing.

Edited by TreeCity

Try a different bar or BT and ask if they know how to make a bushwhacked and show them the recipe and ask if they can make it like that.   I never had a problem.  One BT even pulled out his phone and copied it.
I had a few made at the Sunset Bar.   

For a BT to say they can’t make it because it is all booze is insane.  They make many drinks that are all booze.  Old Fashion, Manhattan, Martini, Black Russian, and etc.  

Drink up 🍹🥃🍾🍷🍸🥂🧉

• 3 months later...
On 9/6/2023 at 3:32 PM, miched said:

Coming  back from a port we will stop in Cafe al Bacio and get that with a shot of espresso added to it and get it stirred instead of blended.    Some of the workers would call it the kitchen sink after the first time.   They do go down easy.   

Another one that they have to make without using a mix is a Colorado Bulldog.

it is basically a White Russian with cola added to it. 

2 ounces vanilla vodka
1 ounce coffee liqueur
2 ounces cola
1 ounce heavy cream

Stir the first 3 ingredients with ice and then float on the cream and add 
1 maraschino cherry, for garnish

image.jpeg.e2be1bf2d40c078e932bd6424af44528.jpeg

Drink up 🍾🧉🥂🍹🥃🍸🍷

Replying to an older post but this drink is also called a Paralyzer. It’s normally made with Tequila but many drink it with vodka. I made thousands of these when I bartended 😂 

Zacapa Old Fashioned is now over the premium limit at $19 a drink per a menu posted on another thread. There goes my favorite drink. No reds or whites I like on premium package either. I actually hope they come out with an "elevated" package to which we can upgrade before our Jan. 18 cruise. I know I could pay by the glass, but then there's the receipts to mess with. I'd rather pay more in advance.