Splendor SPA Pricing

pappy1022

I have a cruise starting early next week so I asked for the SPA price list to see if it had changed from the price list I received 2 months ago. I didn’t check all of the prices but most stayed the same and a few went up in price. Notably, the Regent 50 minute signature massage went up $30 from $199 to $229. Remember that the final cost will include a 20% gratuity which is automatically added to your bill. As recommended in previous posts on SPA pricing, verify the price they will charge you before starting the SPA treatment you scheduled.

• Like 1

Generally my experiences with the Regent Spa Massages has not been very good. In the past few years I have only used them to burn up ship-board credits.  Besides the ridiculously high prices and  the built in 20% added tip, I don't like the attempts to sell you at the end of the session, to buy various creams and lotions of dubious value.

J

We tried the massages dw and I and they were decent but extremely pricey.  Facilities were nice.  We are spoiled we have a lady that comes to our house down here with her own table heated and very nice.  She charges 35 bucks usd for a 1 hr deep tissue 30 for a scrub and 33 for and hour reflexology and she is really good.  Plus tip of course.    First thing we do when we get back from our trip!  Hard to justify the ship prices.

Edited by Lonedaddy
  • Like 2

Personally I will not waste my dollars on another massage until they have a different provider. On our last cruise I booked a couples massage (prior to the cruise) for my dh and myself - I made it very clear that I could not have a deep tissue massage because of a back injury. I reiterated it prior to the massage, I eventually stopped the massage after several times explaining that they were hurting me. When I left the spa they actually had the nerve to ask for a larger tip. I was a fan when it was Canyon Ranch, but don't like the newer company.

14 hours ago, LvnCruisin said:

Personally I will not waste my dollars on another massage until they have a different provider.

14 hours ago, LvnCruisin said:

I was a fan when it was Canyon Ranch, but don't like the newer company.

It is unlikely that Regent will be able to find another spa provider, as One Spa World (formerly Steiner Leisure), who operates Regent's Serene Spa, now appears to have a monopoly on spa services for cruise ships; including the recruitment and employment of the personnel who work in the spas .......... and the use & sale of their own products.

Canyon Ranch only operates at a few locations in North America

Edited by flossie009

• 1 month later...

I had a good experience with Voyager's hair salon services.  As someone with a mobility impairment, one of the things that I like about Regent is that its cabin layouts are usually large enough that I can request a suite that is not specifically wheelchair accessible, as long as the bathroom has a step-in shower.  That having been said, when I stand in the shower, I can wash myself, but I cannot wash my hair (that requires two hands, and I need one hand to hold the grab bar).  Thus, on longer cruises, I rely on the ship's hair salon to wash and blow out my hair.

On Voyager, I got a Kerastase straightening treatment as well as a blow-out five days after that.  My hair looked terrific throughout the cruise.  And my hairdresser always made me feel welcome and comfortable as well as beautiful.  

Edited by ysolde
  • Like 2

I did get the sales pitch after my massage but I immediately told the person that I was not interested in any products and she quickly gave up on the sales pitch. Her exact quote was “ you aren’t interested in any products are you?” My answer: nope and she said alright then. 😀

I definitely wouldn’t spend real money on massages but it is a way to use up the shipboard credits.

• Like 1