Skipping the last port

NMTraveller

You would need to contact Celebrity directly since it is only they who can give you definitive (and legal) parameters.

There may be immigration issues involved (in your scenario, you are scheduled to disembark non-EU and you want to disembark in EU).  For certain, you will need to remove your own luggage, make arrangements with GS for totaling your onboard account, perhaps with security so they zero you out.  Etc., etc. 

You need approval for a Downline Debarkation.  When we did it pre pandemic we went through the Emergency Services Team.  There reviewed our request, which they approved and made the necessary notification to the ship and port agent.  Cost back then was $65.

It may be an issue because you are talking about two different countries - it is not as if there were two EU countries in the mix - may indeed be a customs issue. And yes, you could leave and not return but 1. This is an inconvenience for the ship trying to locate you and your fellow passengers and 2. It is highly doubtful they will let you remove any luggage.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Suppose that I want to skip the last port or disembark port on the 2nd to last port.  Can this be done easily?  I would like to board in SouthHampton and disembark in Le Havre (port before last).

You will need permission, as others have said. 

And fyi, in case you are looking anything up or writing to anyone, it’s Southampton. 

Good luck with your plans. 

You also need to be aware that not all ports allow embarkation / disembarkation due to location immigration /customs rules. 
We once missed our embarkation at Barcelona due to missed flights, and we spent two days chasing the ship as we weren’t allowed to embark in Valencia. Eventually embarked in Ibiza. 

9 minutes ago, NeroliGirl said:

You also need to be aware that not all ports allow embarkation / disembarkation due to location immigration /customs rules. 
We once missed our embarkation at Barcelona due to missed flights, and we spent two days chasing the ship as we weren’t allowed to embark in Valencia. Eventually embarked in Ibiza. 

I kind of figured that I would need to go through customs if I disembarked early.  That is likely the reason for the extra fees.

18 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I kind of figured that I would need to go through customs if I disembarked early.  That is likely the reason for the extra fees.

There can be a lot of associated paperwork changes depending upon where you are cruising as you will have been pre-cleared in and out of the Schengen zone for example. With some US cruises it can involve heavy fines as well so may be denied...

Edited by Mark_T