Found Something Scary on Cruise Critic’s Princess Boards !!!(Sept 2023)

Any one have further information, please ???? Not sure I want to be 26 days on a ‘floating sewer’!!!!!!!!!!!

‘Good luck on Coral Princess. I’m on that ship right now and it’s like being on a floating sewer. Sewage smell on the entire ship! Crew has openly admitted there’s a plumbing problem onboard. Overall the ship is very run down andneeds a major overhaul. Hope the plumbing is fixed by the time you travel’

Thanks..

I was on the Coral world cruise for 74 days from 4th June. I often walked around the corridors and didn't notice any sewerage smell at any time. I also didn't feel the ship is 'run down'. She isn't new, but I quite like her. The ship is a good size, has a promenade deck and the crew are fantastic.

Edited by Aus Traveller

12 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I was on the Coral world cruise for 74 days from 4th June. I often walked around the corridors and didn't notice any sewerage smell at any time. I also didn't feel the ship is 'run down'. She isn't new, but I quite like her. The ship is a good size, has a promenade deck and the crew are fantastic.

I was on her last September, she was in good nick and no sewerage smells. Unless she has gone down hill the last few weeks. 

Without knowing the soarse of the quoted post, its hard to say what it was about.

I'm thinking some confusion with the P&O Encounter report, and someone on the Coral commenting on it.

Or maybe it could be an old post of an incident some years back???

1 minute ago, gbenjo said:

If the poster was on the ship as he says, why would he be asking us for information???????

I don't think the OP is on the ship. The way I read his/her post is that he/she was quoting someone else. Apologies to anyone who thinks I should say 'their' in this current day of Woke.😁

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't think the OP is on the ship. The way I read his/her post is that he/she was quoting someone else. Apologies to anyone who thinks I should say 'their' in this current day of Woke.😁

Would you like my opinion of the whole woke situation. 🙂

Edited by Russell21
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I think you may be correct 😁 And I said he, not he/she OMG😱....but why do we say a ship is a she, I can see trouble brewing here.

1 minute ago, gbenjo said:

I think you may be correct 😁 And I said he, not he/she OMG😱....but why do we say a ship is a she, I can see trouble brewing here.

I have an idea the OP is a 'she' but it might be a 'they'. 😁

I wonder is the mariners in olden times referred to their ships as 'she' because they were at sea without any females in sight. This could start a whole new conversation. 🤣

13 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Any one have further information, please ???? Not sure I want to be 26 days on a ‘floating sewer’!!!!!!!!!!!

‘Good luck on Coral Princess. I’m on that ship right now and it’s like being on a floating sewer. Sewage smell on the entire ship! Crew has openly admitted there’s a plumbing problem onboard. Overall the ship is very run down andneeds a major overhaul. Hope the plumbing is fixed by the time you travel’

Thanks..

Where exactly did you see this? Is it from a believable source and a current source ( not something dredged up from long ago). I'm sure those of us here would have heard if there were any current plumbing issues. 

Sure, Coral is about 20 years old but still in very good condition. We liked her so much we spent 66 nights on her last year and can't wait until next year for the world cruise. In my opinion she is a perfect blend of Grand Class and the older Sun class ships. Not too big, but not too small either so plenty of room for decent sized lounges and bars, and a reasonable sized theatre. 

• Like 1

OP here- I didn’t say I was on the ship- but expecting to travel Spring 24.

I am Reina not Rex del Mar and I am female with pronouns she/ her!!

I have quoted from a current Cruise Critic post in the Princess section. Someone asked for information about a specific cabin and the quoted comment was one of the replies !

Whether this is considered a reliable source I don’t know but was posted yesterday and still available for viewing online.

Edited by Reina del Mar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

OP here- I didn’t say I was on the ship!

I have quoted from a current Cruise Critic post in the Princess section. Someone asked for information about a specific cabin and the quoted comment was one of the replies !

Whether this is considered a reliable source I don’t know.

Yeh, sorry,  I misread your original post.

5 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have an idea the OP is a 'she' but it might be a 'they'. 😁

I wonder is the mariners in olden times referred to their ships as 'she' because they were at sea without any females in sight. This could start a whole new conversation. 🤣

I'm just incredibly bored by the whole 'gender identity' thing.
My pronouns are ho / hum!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4