Pirate's LIVE and Back On The Mardi Gras Sept 16-23, 2023...Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler!

pirate4me2

19 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

I’ve seen some LOVELY examples of parenting this cruise, including one child about 4 with floaties on their arms, alone in the ocean at about 3 feet deep, with the mom going (when questioned by a family member) “oh she’s ok, she can’t drown, she has floaties on.” Mom was sitting in a beach chair with a drink in hand. WHAT THE HECK!! I had to keep on walking, I was fuming inside. 

Yup I am afraid it is the new "parenting" style!

On a happier note…back at “my spot” aka Alchemy. Had to come spend a little last quality time with my friends Angel, Santiago, Drazen, Carolina and Li. Currently sipping a mojito made by Carolina. These are her favorites to make! 
Dinner will be the steakhouse at 6:30, we made those reservations a few months ago. Figured it’s a good way to end the week! 

IMG_1045.jpeg

• Like 3

We had reservations for 6:30 at the steakhouse, and we got in line right on time. However, when we checked in, they were not ready for us and asked us to wait at the bar. We were finally sat at 7, snd service tonight was Cecilia and her team was great. 
I got the stuffed mushrooms, which were the best I’ve ever had onboard. The spinach salad was good as ever, and as much as I wanted a steak tonight, I had to have those giant shrimp again! They were good, but not as good as the other night…shoulda went with my steak. Oh well. The mashed potato’s were delish. For dessert, I did the chocolate sphere which was good but RICH!! 

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1053.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

IMG_1055.jpeg

IMG_1056.jpeg

• Like 4

We ended the evening of course at Alchemy. I needed one last “Angel Special,” which is something made with the hot pepper infused vodka. He knocked it out of the park all week with these different creations! We hung there until 10, then decided to come back to the cabin to finish packing. Before we left though, Li took my camera and gave us some shots to remember her, Angel and Carolina by. 

IMG_1058.jpeg

IMG_1069.jpeg

IMG_1072.jpeg

• Like 6

Platinums were to meet in the Mardi Gras theater, Deck 6 foward, this morning at 7:15 for priority express (carry your own luggage) debarkation. Chris and I got up at 6:45 and headed out of the cabin by 7. By 7:10 we were on deck 6, and we never made it to the theater, we were just directed into line to get off. 
Port staff was their ever grumpy self, getting us quickly back to reality. “Don’t stop! Keep moving! What did I just say, no stopping! No need for your passports, quit looking for them! You can’t stop there!” A few were nice, but dang…the rest are scary. I love the smile & go technology, from the time we entered the terminal to getting outside was probably 4-5 minutes, max.

The hotel shuttle was a bit of a mess, but finally at 7:45 we were headed to our car. We are now on 95 north, headed home to see the crazy dog and furry vampire cat. 
71 days until Carnival Horizon! 

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tobleronebar said:

Following along, as our friends are on this cruise. Most important, it was the furry family members that got my attention 😂 🐶 🐈 ❤️

I hope your friends had a good time! 
The furry vampire is definitely glad I’m home. The dog…pshhh, she couldn’t care less. Apparently she had too much fun at Rotten Rottie Resort. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Oh say it isn’t so! Finishing a good trip report is almost as bad as getting off of the ship! 🥺

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Question about Maya Chan. Is the water just sandy or do you feel like it’s dirty, like icky? And they say they include snorkel gear. Is there any chance of seeing through the water if you go farther out?

5 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

Oh say it isn’t so! Finishing a good trip report is almost as bad as getting off of the ship! 🥺

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Question about Maya Chan. Is the water just sandy or do you feel like it’s dirty, like icky? And they say they include snorkel gear. Is there any chance of seeing through the water if you go farther out?

The water was not clear at all, I honestly don’t know how you’d see anything to snorkel. It’s got lots of pieces of seaweed and was just…I don’t want to say icky, especially since I spent all day in it in a float, but it’s not appealing. I wouldn’t put my head in it. They do have an opening in the little barrier they’ve constructed that you can go thru, a few people when we were there kayaked thru it, im not sure how the water might be out there. 
Even tho the water was not beautiful tho, I enjoyed my time at Maya Chan and would go back. Top notch service, excellent lunch, and just a super relaxing day. 

• Like 3