Muster

karena1

No cattle herding these days. You just report to your muster station and have your Medallion scanned and at some point watch the safety video whilst in the presence of your Medallion. These can be done in any order.

I have also read elsewhere that some cruise lines will do a full muster (cattle herding) in order to keep the crew up to date - I don't know if this has reached Princess yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Watch a safety video on your device or your cabin TV.  Then walk to your muster station where there should be 2 crew standing at the door way or in the hall with a scanner for you to tap your Medallion.  That's it. 

Haven't been on RCL for awhile but when we were there is was a horrible set up.  We stood  in a section of the main deck,  very crowded to listen and try and watch a video screen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, david63 said:

I have also read elsewhere that some cruise lines will do a full muster (cattle herding) in order to keep the crew up to date - I don't know if this has reached Princess yet.

Haven been on about 20 Princess cruises since    the restart in 2021.and have never seen anything like this for passengers.  The crew will have their mandatory safety drills but passengers aren't involved.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, david63 said:

No cattle herding these days. You just report to your muster station and have your Medallion scanned and at some point watch the safety video whilst in the presence of your Medallion. These can be done in any order.

great, that is what I wanted to hear.  So we should be able to do muster as soon as we get on the ship and get it over with.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Watch a safety video on your device or your cabin TV.  Then walk to your muster station where there should be 2 crew standing at the door way or in the hall with a scanner for you to tap your Medallion.  That's it. 

Haven't been on RCL for awhile but when we were there is was a horrible set up.  We stood  in a section of the main deck,  very crowded to listen and try and watch a video screen.

not anymore.  You walk up, get you boarding pass scanned, they ask if you watched the video, and you are good to go.  We love it.  We go the minute we are on the ship and get it done.  Takes less than a minute.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, karena1 said:

not anymore.  You walk up, get you boarding pass scanned, they ask if you watched the video, and you are good to go.  We love it.  We go the minute we are on the ship and get it done.  Takes less than a minute.

We usually watch the video as we are putting our carry on stuff away, go get medallion scanned at our muster station and then off to MDR for lunch.

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

We usually watch the video as we are putting our carry on stuff away, go get medallion scanned at our muster station and then off to MDR for lunch.

I will watch the video before we go, IF I  can ever get into the app.  All I get is "we are having server difficulties, try back later"

2 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I will watch the video before we go, IF I  can ever get into the app.  All I get is "we are having server difficulties, try back later"

I'm sure you have to be on the ship to watch the video  - if you meant watch before going to the ship.

4 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

I'm sure you have to be on the ship to watch the video  - if you meant watch before going to the ship.

really, on Royal I can watch it any time before I go.  Guess I will figure it out if the App ever works.  I still cannot get into it, says they are having server issues.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, karena1 said:

really, on Royal I can watch it any time before I go.  Guess I will figure it out if the App ever works.  I still cannot get into it, says they are having server issues.  

Have no problem opening my Medallion app.  This is a Medallion app screen shot for Safety Essentials.  I'm not a techie, but it is your Medallion you use on board (NOT the App) that confirms you have watched the video and have scanned it at your muster station.  The ship makes numerous announcements before sail away of how many passengers still have not completed their safety requirements - shown below.

image.png.b30069c4d7387671546155fe9e45cf0b.png

Edited by coo359a2

Just got off the Emerald. Had to board ship. Went right to muster station and crew swiped our medallions. You had until 3:00 to watch video. Went to room turned on tv. Used bathroom and put away carryon. By then it was over. It can tell if both medallions are in the room. By then it was 12:00 and dining room was open for lunch and we were done!

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

Not before you go!  Make sure when you get OB, sign out of the App and then back in. Open the App under “safety essentials “  you’ll see your muster station location.  We stop by and scan our OM on the wsy to lunch.

Also, you can just turn on your TV to watch the video in your room.

Muster station on back of cabin door, if you need it.

Edited by PacnGoNow

You have to be on medallion net before you can watch the video. You can’t do that until you are on ship

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Glad I wasn't the only one to say you had to be on board to view the video.  Though I am going to see what happens Monday evening (25th) when we are at our pre cruise hotel before boarding the 26th..  They have made me too curious not to try.

I sail the 26th

11 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

How many people actually watch the video?  Just like others have said I turn it on and unpack my carry on

Me😇

Well at least the first time - have to say that the Princess video is way better that some other cruise lines.

7 minutes ago, david63 said:

Me😇

Well at least the first time - have to say that the Princess video is way better that some other cruise lines.

Of course it makes sense to watch it at least once.  After that, it tourcher. 

Thankfully the old way is long gone. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Have no problem opening my Medallion app.  This is a Medallion app screen shot for Safety Essentials.  I'm not a techie, but it is your Medallion you use on board (NOT the App) that confirms you have watched the video and have scanned it at your muster station.  The ship makes numerous announcements before sail away of how many passengers still have not completed their safety requirements - shown below.

image.png.b30069c4d7387671546155fe9e45cf0b.png

I found out you have to log in using your reservation number, not your user id and password.  Won't let me  do anything on the safety yet, guess I have to be closer to the cruise

16 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I found out you have to log in using your reservation number, not your user id and password.  Won't let me  do anything on the safety yet, guess I have to be closer to the cruise

The muster drill can't be done until your sail date. 

25 minutes ago, doghog said:

The muster drill can't be done until your sail date. 

I saw that also.  So different from Royal.  I can watch the video and stuff weeks in advance and then just have to go to muster once on the ship.  So trying to get used to the new Princess stuff since have not been on them since 2017.

Please read all the references before this stating that you have to be on board to do the muster