Cococay Waterpark: How crowded when you visited?

Just back from Serenade, and we were essentially the only ship in port (Vision was there only for a few hours). The waterpark was almost empty. Lines for slides were no more than 5 minutes, and most times, they were walk-on. It truly felt like a private water park.

I know that Cococay is designed to handle 2 mega ships at a time, and wondering how crowded you have seen it?

Was there in June on Oasis, can't remember which ship was there with us but it was definitely a Freedom class ship. The kids waited a long time for the big slide (about an hour) but the other slides were just a few minutes. 

Unfortunately during our visit there was some thunder so everything was shut down when we disembarked that morning and as expected once the rides opened there were some lines. 

Prior to COVID the lines at the water park were pretty long every time I went there, although the water park was new at the time. Post COVID I have been to the water park 6 times and never experienced any long lines. When I was there in July there was literally no line for the drop slides and a very short line for Daredevil’s Peak 

• Like 1

We’ve only been there on one occasion with grandchildren were the only ship and wait time was a maximum of fifteen minutes.

We go again soon on our own when there are two ships docked will definitely get off the ship but will not book the water park as the prices are very expensive and really wouldn’t get our money’s worth.

Was there recently with Oasis and Independence. Oasis had 6486 passengers, almost max capacity. If Independence was close to max too (4375), it made almost 11k. I wasn't at the waterpark, but the rest of it was insanely crowded in my opinion and too much. Independence was not originally scheduled to be there per the port listing.

Edited by KSprite01

I've got to believe the lines will get shorter as the price continues to skyrocket. For our March '24 Icon cruise the price is $189. Ouch! To put that into perspective, the price for our March '22 Wonder cruise was around $85 (which I thought was too expensive then). We did not participate in '22 and we definitely won't participate in '24.

Screen Shot 2023-09-22 at 5.27.15 AM.png

Edited by mramella