Traveling with teens/OS v CLS

GetToLivin

I'm second-guessing myself so I'm looking for insight. Traveling with DH, and 16 and 19 yo kiddos. I have an OS currently booked, I chose it because the layout looked roomy enough for everyone, plus the bathroom is separate from the bedroom (unlike the Aqua Suite we had last year, which was amazing, but annoying when kids have to come through the room to use the facilities). 

Well now I'm looking at the CLS thinking, would 2 bathrooms be better? Space is about the same? At least our room is in a different area v connected to the living room, so maybe that'll create some separate space, too? Does the loft echo? LOL, see, I'm spiraling. I know many here have sailed in both categories, looking for YOUR insight and really starting to think 2 bathrooms and an upstairs will at least provide some separation of space for everyone. I love them but, well, if you have boys you know... 😆 

6 minutes ago, bgregan said:

The 2 bedroom Grand Suites seem to be very nice and spacious with 2 bathrooms also. 

Agree...The 2 bedrm GS's work out great...I have and would opt for one of these over you're other options.

• Like 1

The CLS every time! Not only do you have the 2 bathrooms on different floors, but the 3 dimensional aspect of the loft makes the whole suite feel so much bigger!  If nothing else, they can believe they have relegated you to the attic, and you can believe you have relegated them to the cellar!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

i wouldnt say CLS echos but theres no way theres any private convos in the entire cabin. at least not at normal speaking voice. if one of you has the TV on im sure you would hear it from the other floor in the cabin. though i never tried 2 tvs at the same time in fairness. but even with 2 people i love the 2 bathrooms so those are a must for 4 adults!

but i do think the 2 BR grand would be the ultimate best but probably too much money.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Thoughts of a 16 & 19 year old sharing a couch bed evokes visions of side poking and arguments all night long… 😉

...partly what inspired my "echoes" question, hah! I've been told it's "possible" to get a roll-away bed so we'll see if that happens

...but I'm not above putting one of them on the balcony lounger if necessary 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

If the 2B GS is cheaper that might really be a better option.

I love YouTube for this sort of thing.

I wish! Currently, the 2-bedroom GS on my sailing is going for $19,107/pp, yikes 🤑 The CLS is $3341/pp on this sailing. I went ahead and switched and ended up saving roughly $4,200 from the OS to the CLS. I feel really good about this decision, thank you so much, everyone, for chiming in!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, GetToLivin said:

I wish! Currently, the 2-bedroom GS on my sailing is going for $19,107/pp, yikes 🤑 The CLS is $3341/pp on this sailing. I went ahead and switched and ended up saving roughly $4,200 from the OS to the CLS. I feel really good about this decision, thank you so much, everyone, for chiming in!

Oh wow at that savings it is an absolute no brainer.  Great decision, congratulations...  You'll love your CLS, we sure did.  Here is a little video I did of our CLS on Oasis back in March.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1