Evening Shows

RetroRod

2 hours ago, GMIAC said:

Is there typically a show on embarkation day? 

You might get a "taste of things to come" show that night. We did in December on the Splendor and in June on the Voyager.

On 10/2/2023 at 4:19 AM, Gilly said:

I understand.  We have hoped for more classical music, but then on the odd occasion when there's a pianist or similar, people sit chatting throughout - so that doesn't really work.  (Maybe in one of the smaller venues?)  Songs from the shows are a bit hit and miss...and comedians even more so.  If I'm honest, I'm just glad I don't have the task of booking entertainers!

Book with Viking Ocean.  You'll love their entertainment if you want classical music.

2 hours ago, bookbabe said:

Book with Viking Ocean

Oh, the entertainment isn't *that* important to us and we wouldn't give up everything else we love about Regent.  It's a preference rather than a requirement.

• Like 1

We recently had an email from Regent expounding on the new entertainment offerings that will be coming with the Grandeur. If they can deliver half of what they highlight, it'll be a breath of fresh air.

We're fortunate enough to have a Grandeur cruise coming in Feb. 

Excited to hear about something new and different. We'll see if it pays off !

1 minute ago, Mudhen said:

We're fortunate enough to have a Grandeur cruise coming in Feb. 

@Mudhen I shall look forward to sailing along virtually with you lucky ducks, for we too had a Grandeur cruise to look forward to in February...until we had the news that our first Grandchild plans to arrive around then and guess what?  Suddenly a cruise on Grandeur became less important 😉   So we'll sail on Voyager in late April instead and be with you in spirit!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gilly said:

@Mudhen I shall look forward to sailing along virtually with you lucky ducks, for we too had a Grandeur cruise to look forward to in February...until we had the news that our first Grandchild plans to arrive around then and guess what?  Suddenly a cruise on Grandeur became less important 😉   So we'll sail on Voyager in late April instead and be with you in spirit!!

Aw,,,,We can TOTALLY sympathize with you. We had our "dream" cruise planned for last November and lo and behold, the grandbaby that was never supposed to be, made his presence known. He is/was our very first after a long fought struggle...first birthday is coming this November!

Needless to say, cruise went out the window!

Stay tuned and we'll be most pleased to report our adventures on the Grandeur!

• Like 1

Just got off the Splendor and I would say that overall the nightly shows were OK but nothing special. We attended all of them and it was a good way to wind down the night. I would still cruise with Regent again because of the cabins, the food, the people, etc. just don’t expect the shows to wow you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 3:10 PM, Lonedaddy said:

We saw a show in celebrity several years ago and a similar show on NCL many years ago that was similar to cirque du soleil type show.  Was really different and enjoyable couple music with the dance/acrobatics.  Would love to see something like that on regent or SS

Regent went through a period some years back in which they had Cirque-type shows. It didn’t last long. I think NCL uses resident troupes for their acrobatic shows. Regent would have to use guest entertainers because the small size of the ships dictates that any resident performers must be versatile so that they can serve multiple purposes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 6:34 PM, PaulaJK said:

There may be a Beatles show….as well as an ABBA show. These utilize the ‘production staff ‘ and the Regent Orchestra ( which was a quartet!)

Our cruise around the British Isles had a so called Beatles show with a couple of cast members that sang Beatles songs in the atrium. It was terrible and we didn’t stick around for much of it. I had heard that Regent often brings on a Beatles tribute band when in Liverpool but that wasn’t the case for this September cruise. 

pappy1022:  

That was unfortunate.  We had a wonderful experience (PreCOVID) when on Explorer's 2019 Around the British Aisles segment.

"The Boys from Liverpool".  A Tribute Band from Liverpool brought onboard for a 5:45pm show.  These guys put on a great performance.  Recall literally running across the Pier from our excursion bus following an afternoon tour back to ship.  Got great side Balcony seats close to Stage.  The place quickly filled-up.  Packed by 5:30pm. 

Such venue was advertised in "Passages" beginning about three days' prior to arriving at Liverpool.   

Trust Regent rebooks this Act in the near-future.  

GOARMY!