Anything good to say about Venezia.

cruise to live

4 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

What a novel idea, instead of complaining that there isn't an ice bucket, just ask for one😉.

Also,  an update on the refrigerator it's been holding pretty steady at at around 34°. Among the best of any ship that I've been on lately. 

Yes, our Venezia fridge was plenty cool for milk, water, and white wine, more so than other ships I have been on. So unless a person really loves to have ice in the drink itself, or needs ice for another reason, they might find they don't need an ice bucket at all.

4 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

What a novel idea, instead of complaining that there isn't an ice bucket, just ask for one😉.

Also,  an update on the refrigerator it's been holding pretty steady at at around 34°. Among the best of any ship that I've been on lately. 20230924_105040.thumb.jpg.38445fbd1d46c554d192a5c60eb2e4c4.jpg

Don't know the temp, but our fridge is nice & cold.🙂

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Don't know the temp, but our fridge is nice & cold.🙂

I always carry a thermometer with me when we cruise.   Not so much for the refrigerator, but so I can show my wife when she is telling me that I am FREEZING 🥶 her out in our cabin that it's actually 76°😉

• Haha 5

I mentioned earlier, that we took Amtrak from a 7-day pre-cruise in DC to New York’s Penn Station.   We will a 21-day B2B, so a total of 28 days worth of luggage, including clothes for cold, wet Canada & NewEngland and the warm weather stuff for the Southern Caribbean Cruise that follows.  So, three heavy suitcases and two backpacks.

Well, in a rush to get off of train at Penn Station I grabbed the suitcases and the small backpack with the rain ponchos and umbrellas and hurried to meet our transportation to the ship for our 10:00 port arrival time.   Got up to street level, and I realized that I left the larger backpack with all of our medications, printed boarding passes for both cruises, my laptop computer (with all of my passwords and a very weak access password), phone battery bank, a small wallet. . .

Dr. isn't going to be available for new prescriptions at a moment's notice before boarding.  Contacted my local CVS to see if I could transfer part of the med prescription to New York since they filled it. They said I have to contact the CVS online division.  After a lot of explanations to multiple people and departments they say they can release ten of each medication from my next auto-fill and have the available at a local CVS.  Great what's the address?   Oh, I'm so sorry New York state law won't allow that.  It is allowed in Portland, so back to Carnival's check in counter to get the address of the port in Portland to find a CVS to have the prescription sent.  At the same time all of this is going on, I was trying to contact Amtrak lost and found in New York... no have to contact Boston because that's the final destination of the train... no have to go online to Chargerback.com and fill out lost and found forms there....Trying to get all this done before we boarded yesterday.   I'm pretty sure it's all good to pick up in Portland tomorrow.  

Now for the GOOD.  I just got an email from lostandfound@chargerback Subject: Amtrak Found your lost item.  It will be shipped to my house via FedEx for $78.92.  My wife's sister is joining us on the Southern Caribbean part of the cruise on Friday, so they can bring it with them.  

• Like 7

I mentioned earlier, that we took Amtrak from a 7-day pre-cruise in DC to New York’s Penn Station.   We will a 21-day B2B, so a total of 28 days worth of luggage, including clothes for cold, wet Canada & NewEngland and the warm weather stuff for the Southern Caribbean Cruise that follows.  So, three heavy suitcases and two backpacks.

Well, in a rush to get off of train at Penn Station I grabbed the suitcases and the small backpack with the rain ponchos and umbrellas and hurried to meet our transportation to the ship for our 10:00 port arrival time.   Got up to street level, and I realized that I left the larger backpack with all of our medications, printed boarding passes for both cruises, my laptop computer (with all of my passwords and a very weak access password), phone battery bank, a small wallet. . .

Dr. isn't going to be available for new prescriptions at a moment's notice before boarding.  Contacted my local CVS to see if I could transfer part of the med prescription to New York since they filled it. They said I have to contact the CVS online division.  After a lot of explanations to multiple people and departments they say they can release ten of each medication from my next auto-fill and have the available at a local CVS.  Great what's the address?   Oh, I'm so sorry New York state law won't allow that.  It is allowed in Portland, so back to Carnival's check in counter to get the address of the port in Portland to find a CVS to have the prescription sent.  At the same time all of this is going on, I was trying to contact Amtrak lost and found in New York... no have to contact Boston because that's the final destination of the train... no have to go online to Chargerback.com and fill out lost and found forms there....Trying to get all this done before we boarded yesterday.   I'm pretty sure it's all good to pick up in Portland tomorrow.  

Now for the GOOD.  I just got an email from lostandfound@chargerback Subject: Amtrak Found your lost item.  It will be shipped to my house via FedEx for $78.92.  My wife's sister is joining us on the Southern Caribbean part of the cruise on Friday, so they can bring it with them.  

Oops!  This was supposed to be in the Carnival Venezia roll call for Sept. 23.  I just realized that I posted in the wrong place. 

• Haha 3

That was some predicament. Glad you got it sorted out. 😎

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I always carry a thermometer with me when we cruise.   Not so much for the refrigerator, but so I can show my wife when she is telling me that I am FREEZING 🥶 her out in our cabin that it's actually 76°😉

This is hilarious.

Your lost luggage / medical snafu story is a rough one that I've experienced too. So much added stress. But I'm glad it is at the beginning, you have a path forward and then it'll be behind you and you can enjoy the rest of the vacation.

Just now, MsTabbyKats said:

Any comments about the theatre....not so much the entertainers....but wait times to enter and seating?

We saw Vintage Pop last night. Enjoyed the show. Doors opened half hour before show time. Had no problem getting seats, but don't show up ten minutes beforehand. I thought there was more floor seating than the other Vista Class ships. 😎

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Any comments about the theatre....not so much the entertainers....but wait times to enter and seating?

Wait time totally depends on the show.  We saw many different shows/comedians in the theatre and never had a problem getting a seat.  We'd typically arrive 20 minutes or so before a show.  One note is that it was FRIGID in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

We saw Vintage Pop last night. Enjoyed the show. Doors opened half hour before show time. Had no problem getting seats, but don't show up ten minutes beforehand. I thought there was more floor seating than the other Vista Class ships. 😎

what comedians are on the ship