Anything good to say about Venezia.

cruise to live

Currently on Venezia,  staying on tomorrow for a B2B. Only negatives: few minor cosmetic maintenance issues, too much food/portions huge - lol, brought own ice 🧊 totes, no buckets. Those truly are all minor. The VERY strong cigarette smoke from 4 mid up to 7 mid is not minor; gave us itchy eyes, people coughed, Stewart says it bothers his breathing. It is so bad, we thought someone was smoking in their cabin 24x7.

Postitives: crew extremely friendly, food good, wait times practically non-existent, embarkation & port pax traffic very efficient process. The early complaints of lack of a/c has been resolved as our worked fine.

• Like 8

The lido was too enclosed for me, pools super small, temperature a bit inconsistent around the ship. Otherwise, it was a very typical Carnival cruise. We had a great time! The decor is really pretty, the layout is very much like vista class which I love. I like the elevator system (just like horizon). The unique bars were great (enjoyed Rococo & loved the limoncello mojito at frizzante). Teppanyaki was absolutely fantastic. Food was standard carnival fare. Service was just what were used to. 

You'll have a great time! I think some of the early negative reviews were suffering from working out all the kinds. We went mid-august & really nothing to complain about. 

Edited by Drose716
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, WhiteOptima said:

I think I am still blown away about no ice buckets 😱.  Is everyone bringing soft sided coolers?  If I was on my own I wouldn’t need anything but my DH fills his cup with ice before he adds his soda.

I was on one of the first cruises in June. There were some “kinks” like wait time for YTD and ship Was very warm. From recent posts I think most of the wrinkles have been ironed out! I did not like lido pool but I enjoy people watching and the large area to sit out so that’s just me. I asked my steward first day for an ice bucket which he brought and kept filled. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WhiteOptima said:

I think I am still blown away about no ice buckets 😱.  Is everyone bringing soft sided coolers?  If I was on my own I wouldn’t need anything but my DH fills his cup with ice before he adds his soda.

One of the pictures of the coolers she showed had an ice bucket in it! 😎

• Like 4

Just got off Venezia on Sept 16 after an 8 day.  Altered ports yes, but that has nothing to do with the ship of course.  LOTS good to say about her, enjoyed 8 nights in the MDR and all but one night the food was great.  Lido marketplace food was decent, good pizza.  Overall the food was above average.  LOVED deck 5 outside, so many places to sit and enjoy ocean views.  Great music all over the ship.  Comedians were excellent, Family Feud was also fun.  Our room (deck 8 aft, interior) was perfectly fine as well.  Some crew weren't the most friendly, but after several sailings in a row with altered ports due to weather I am sure they felt the brunt of that.  No Cheers package on day 1 out of NY, which we did know about, but that is a pain.  My biggest complain was our fellow PAX.  Many were I think were just exposed to other humans for the very first time on this cruise I swear.  ZERO manners.  The pools are definitely small and the layout is unique, but we would happily cruise Venezia again.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, edrussell said:

Just got off Venezia on Sept 16 after an 8 day.  Altered ports yes, but that has nothing to do with the ship of course.  LOTS good to say about her, enjoyed 8 nights in the MDR and all but one night the food was great.  Lido marketplace food was decent, good pizza.  Overall the food was above average.  LOVED deck 5 outside, so many places to sit and enjoy ocean views.  Great music all over the ship.  Comedians were excellent, Family Feud was also fun.  Our room (deck 8 aft, interior) was perfectly fine as well.  Some crew weren't the most friendly, but after several sailings in a row with altered ports due to weather I am sure they felt the brunt of that.  No Cheers package on day 1 out of NY, which we did know about, but that is a pain.  My biggest complain was our fellow PAX.  Many were I think were just exposed to other humans for the very first time on this cruise I swear.  ZERO manners.  The pools are definitely small and the layout is unique, but we would happily cruise Venezia again.

Lol  I am a very polite, well mannered, appreciative, respectful and cheerful woman. And not at all conceited lol. That’s just who I am. I’ve been on enough cruises to “let things go” if a fellow passenger does something to bother me. Not worth getting myself in a mood over someone who either doesn’t have a clue “how things work” or just doesn’t care! But my June cruise REALLY TESTED ME! Annoying, rude, disrespectful fellow passengers seemed to be drawn to my side lol. 😣😡🤬But that’s not the ships fault.  Best to practice eyerolls! The crew were a delight tho! 👍👏

• Like 7

I just got home from a cruise on this ship. I am in the process of a review with DW, that was mostly live. Overall everything was positive. As for the ice buckets that was weird. I needed ice for a cryo-cuff for my knee, the steward made sure it was filled every day for me.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

One of the pictures of the coolers she showed had an ice bucket in it! 😎

Yes, Stewart did indeed have an ice bucket on the cart he was using to deliver our ice totes; it definitely was not for our cabin.

Having read early reviews about lack of ice buckets, we brought folding ice totes JIC. There was no ice bucket in our cabin, but when Stewart happily agreed to keep our totes filled, we did not ask for a bucket. FWIW the ice bucket on the cart is the only one we've seen him with.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

Yesterday, I asked our room steward 'Dwi' for ice. 

When we got back from dinner there was a full ice bucket in the refrigerator. 

20230924_085212.thumb.jpg.fe5d3d251f3f3f070035374f3467e739.jpg

On a side note, the refrigerator (or cooler) in our room actually works very well, although this could be in part from having the ice inside.  None of the ice in the bucket was melted when I got some this morning.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Yesterday, I asked our room steward 'Dwi' for ice. 

When we got back from dinner there was a full ice bucket in the refrigerator. 

20230924_085212.thumb.jpg.fe5d3d251f3f3f070035374f3467e739.jpg

On a side note, the refrigerator (or cooler) in our room actually works very well, although this could be in part from having the ice inside.  None of the ice in the bucket was melted when I got some this morning.

We got an ice bucket as well. Just have to ask for it. 😎

• Like 7

On 9/22/2023 at 9:20 PM, cruise to live said:

Most of the reviews I've read about the Venezia, have been on the negative side.  Does anyone have anything positive to say about it.  I live in NJ, and was thinking of taking it in December.  All thoughts, good and bad, are welcomed.

Loads of videos on YouTube.  I'll be on this  coming Friday for 15 days. Beats flying to Florida 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

We got an ice bucket as well. Just have to ask for it. 😎

What a novel idea, instead of complaining that there isn't an ice bucket, just ask for one😉.

Also,  an update on the refrigerator it's been holding pretty steady at at around 34°. Among the best of any ship that I've been on lately. 20230924_105040.thumb.jpg.38445fbd1d46c554d192a5c60eb2e4c4.jpg

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 5