Vista - Early morning announcements waking up cruisers

Ron&Sue

We are 7th floor PH with speaker outside of door, walking down hall speakers are located every 20+ feet.

It does seem to be less loud now. That and our port was canceled for today, tomorrow is a sea day and then Quebec, so things are better. When the Captain made an announcement today it came through the speaker inside our cabin so we all were notified. All is good,,

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ron&Sue said:

That and our port was canceled for today, tomorrow is a sea day and then Quebec, so things are better. When the Captain made an announcement today it came through the speaker inside our cabin so we all were notified. All is good,,

Do you know why the port was cancelled?

17 minutes ago, Ron&Sue said:

That and our port was canceled for today, tomorrow is a sea day and then Quebec, so things are better. When the Captain made an announcement today it came through the speaker inside our cabin so we all were notified. All is good,,

To me, this is very strange that they announced they canceled Saguenay. According to your itinerary on a number of websites, you aren't supposed to be in Saguenay until tomorrow. Vista is showing on at least two vessel finder sites as just entering the St. Lawrence seaway and not scheduled to get to Saguenay until tomorrow morning. Did they give a reason for canceling. 

Edited by DrKoob

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Do you know why the port was cancelled?

Not sure about the all is good. Capt. announced significant number of reported covid for crew a d passengers. All crew wearing masks, passengers are exempt but encouuraged

2 hours ago, Ron&Sue said:

Saguenay was canceled due to water waste treatment testing, something all new ships are tested for.  All will get FCC for missing port.

On our recent Vista cruise, we missed 4 ports, due to Fog and a hurricane we received no FCC. Not even an open bar.

13 minutes ago, Wayco said:

Not sure about the all is good. Capt. announced significant number of reported covid for crew a d passengers. All crew wearing masks, passengers are exempt but encouuraged

YIKES

I have mine  ready  for  Friday

3 hours ago, Ron&Sue said:

Saguenay was canceled due to water waste treatment testing, something all new ships are tested for.  All will get FCC for missing port.

Yup. We are on the next cruise on Vista when you get off the ship and they just cancelled it on our cruise as well. Gave us $500 FCC. I would much prefer $100 OBC. 

• Like 3

On 9/25/2023 at 12:48 PM, DrKoob said:

Yup. We are on the next cruise on Vista when you get off the ship and they just cancelled it on our cruise as well. Gave us $500 FCC. I would much prefer $100 OBC. 

I prefer the $500 FCC, as we have have other cruises already booked which this can be applied to.  That saves $1000 for us.  In that case, I can sacrifice Saguenay.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bruin66 said:

I prefer the $500 FCC, as we have have other cruises already booked which this can be applied to.  That saves $1000 for us.  In that case, I can sacrifice Saguenay.

But  for those not booking  O   it means nothing to us 👎

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bruin66 said:

Check with O or your TA. Most FCCs cannot be applied to cruises you already have booked.

54 minutes ago, bruin66 said:

Now you have an incentive to at least book a cheaper cruise.  You have a year to do it and 2 years to take the cruise.

Not interested in SM  deal  so why spend thousands to get $500 

😅

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

Check with O or your TA. Most FCCs cannot be applied to cruises you already have booked.

We had 2 FCC's   & were applied to  a cruise we already had  booked

It may depend on the FCC both of ours came from Oceania 

1 hour ago, DrKoob said:

I did have my TA check with O and was told it can be applied upon request with some paper work, as long as the cruise is not yet fully paid for.  My future cruises are just deposits, with the first final payment due in late November, and this will reduce that payment by $1000.  By the way, if you book a future cruise while on board, you will receive an extra $100 OBC and a lower deposit requirement. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bruin66 said:

Any other ports you’re willing to sacrifice? Just imagine all the FCC you might get if they cancel the next 3-4 ports?

Personally, we prefer going to the ports as advertised. Never been to Saguenay. Can one fly or drive there from the Midwest for $500 to see the missed port?