Hotels in Amsterdam?

jrbeccles

I will be taking the HAL Transatlantic trip in April 2024, and it ends up in Rotterdam. We will catch the train from there to Amsterdam and spend 3 nights in town before flying back. Does anybody have suggestions for a centrally located hotel that offers a breakfast option? I have stayed there before on a Gate1 tour, but that hotel is a haul from the city center.

Appreciate the feedback!

We stayed at the Park Plaza Victoria, right across from the Central Train Station.  Despite that, we never heard heard a train!  We stayed in the unrenovated section of the hotel and were quite satisfied with the room, although the bed was too low to the ground, a situation that probably does not exist in the renovated section.  Breakfast was included and one the best that I have found in a hotel.  The bar is very good and is open to only hotel guests.  The service was excellent.  

Loved Banks Mansion last time we were there.  All inclusive including breakfast.  Good location - on a beautiful canal and walking distance to everything.  Several CC friends have stayed there since and been very pleased.

I will be staying there again in just over a week so will definitely report on my LIVE thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Loved Banks Mansion last time we were there.  All inclusive including breakfast.  Good location - on a beautiful canal and walking distance to everything.  Several CC friends have stayed there since and been very pleased.

I will be staying there again in just over a week so will definitely report on my LIVE thread

Loved Banks Mansion as well!

• Like 1

On our Baltic cruise, a number of us stayed at the Banks Mansion and, as others have said, it was fantastic.  Rooms are small but very comfortable.  The best thing is that it is pretty much all inclusive and they host an evening cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres including bitterballen, cheeses, and other items and you can meet other guests.  They have a self service bar in the lobby as well.  In our room were liquor decanters which we did not use.  Very close to the Van Gogh museum and Rijksmuseum as well as the famous Amsterdam sign.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kazu said:

We also loved Banks Mansion and have booked it again for our July 2024 pre-cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1