Pretty sure MSC doesn't charge for "tap water", right?

Stockjock

17 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Maybe they offer tap water on request, but if you want bottled water, that is when they charge you?

I was on the Meraviglia in 2021.  I don't recall them charging for water (tap) at our dining room.

UK bookings bottled water included in the main dining room on the basic fare.

UK also includes daily service charges 

When available at time of booking the premium package is added, price varies for each cruise, ~£30pppd is typical but has been much lower on some cruises.

2 hours ago, bob brown said:

Charging different people different prices for such basics as plain water, is taking "airline yield management", to the extreme....🙄

I would say it is following local custom.  In US restaurants we get tap water.  In European restaurants we don't; if we want water we have to purchase a bottle.

• Like 1

Since covid the Usa cruises i have been on in the MDR the staff often was placing unopened 1 liter bottled water on the tables because they were under staffed. On a formal night there was a worker almost certainly not a waiter zig zaging through the tables dropping off the little 12 ounce bottles all through service. We asked for ice for the room temp water and the confused look on the person's face let us know we wouldn't get any.

Prior to Covid we sailed Bella and Fantastica and in the MDR were served water from a pitcher that I believe at one time contained ice.  My last B2B on Seaside i bid up to Aurea.  In tAurea portion of the MDR we were served water from a bottle which was left on the table (Acqua Panna).  They decided that on the 3 day cruises the lower MDR would all be My Choice and I was seated there once, where ice water was served from a pitcher.  EM

If they’re going to charge me in the main dining room for a glass of tap water, then I must remember to bring a refillable water bottle, given to me by another cruise line.  I will fill it myself, where able, and bring it into the dining room with me.

Tacky?    
Yes.

But so is charging for a glass of plain water, at dinner.  JMHO…🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, bob brown said:

Maybe they offer tap water on request, but if you want bottled water, that is when they charge you?

I was on the Meraviglia in 2021.  I don't recall them charging for water (tap) at our dining room.

I remember a big to-do about MSC not serving tap water some years ago. There is a thread from 2010 that talks about it here. The upshot of it was that bookings from the USA and the UK (maybe some other countries also?) include bottled water at meals.