Book Signing on a cruise

lenquixote66

38 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I do not use kindles or nooks .I have more than 1000 books in my house.

Good for you. (but not for me)

Bringing even 5 books in luggage is overkill packing.  I can have 1000 books on kindle and 1000s more in the cloud, so my reading options are optimal with minimal packing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Bringing even 5 books in luggage is overkill packing.  I can have 1000 books on kindle and 1000s more in the cloud, so my reading options are optimal with minimal packing.

My wife is a kindle person.I do not bring books on vacations .I prefer to buy a book or two in a port.

16 minutes ago, evandbob said:

I bring 5-7 books,  can't stand reading on a screen

• Like 1

11 hours ago, evandbob said:

The author would have to sign my kindle.  I haven't had an actual book in years.

I've bought and read very few regular books since I discovered Kindles around a decade ago.  Before then I bought and read a bunch of books.  I still have most of them.

18 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Have you ever been to one ? In 2013 we were on a cruise .One of the passengers was an author and in the ships library he was doing a book signing.The best thing about it was that everyone attending was given a free copy.

I haven't been to a book signing on a cruise, but I have been to an autograph session for someone who happens to be an author - though he's not primarily known for such.  The autograph was free, but the T-shirt I acquired for him to sign definitely was not:

original_8d76f48a-10b1-4389-96e6-fc5ea20ca89f_IMG_20230308_113731.thumb.jpg.1da27e7215c51d77fba320746f8a01cb.jpg

4 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I've bought and read very few regular books since I discovered Kindles around a decade ago.  Before then I bought and read a bunch of books.  I still have most of them.

I haven't been to a book signing on a cruise, but I have been to an autograph session for someone who happens to be an author - though he's not primarily known for such.  The autograph was free, but the T-shirt I acquired for him to sign definitely was not:

original_8d76f48a-10b1-4389-96e6-fc5ea20ca89f_IMG_20230308_113731.thumb.jpg.1da27e7215c51d77fba320746f8a01cb.jpg

I never knew that Lou Gramm wrote anything.The interesting thing is that a few days ago on my local PBS fundraiser tv show they featured Foreigner.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never knew that Lou Gramm wrote anything.The interesting thing is that a few days ago on my local PBS fundraiser tv show they featured Foreigner.

He wrote an autobiography, "Juke Box Hero".  I'm sure you can find it wherever you purchase books these days - or they can order it.  I might have brought the actual book for him to sign if I knew he was going to be available for autographs (I didn't find out about it until I was onboard).

8 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

He wrote an autobiography, "Juke Box Hero".  I'm sure you can find it wherever you purchase books these days - or they can order it.  I might have brought the actual book for him to sign if I knew he was going to be available for autographs (I didn't find out about it until I was onboard).

I have known many singers and musicians over the years.From 1988 to 1992 I notarized music contracts for a music management company that was located in the building owned by my employer.I have also had many friends in the entertainment industry.

I buy books from Amazon and AbeBooks.

• Like 1