Hmm - last time with P&O for us.

bazzaw

3 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

The way the news bangs on about baby boomers, a lot of people have had enough of our age group.🤣

duplicate post - the button must have been stuck 🙂 

Edited by mr walker
duplicate

14 hours ago, mr walker said:

duplicate post - the button must have been stuck 🙂 

It's a bug in the system. Sometimes when I hit the Submit nothing happens, so, I hit it again and find it double posted. Nowadays if that happens,  after hitting submit  and nothing happens, I open CC on a new page and find the posting is now on the thread. I then close out the old page for the new.

• Like 4

I still do P & O but only if the destinations are what I want but there is no doubt in my mind they are the lowest standard of any line cruising from Australia. They will never be my first (or second or third) choice We've done Adventure and Encounter in the last six months. The food in the MDR  has just become basic pubgrub, i.e. almost everything is deep fried and comes with chips. Almost impossible to get a decent piece of meat or some vegetables. Basics like a burger which are free on Carnival are charged for on P & O. The not-a-buffet The Pantry is awash with unsupervised kids running everywhere. But the Blue Room is one of my favourite venues at sea and the staff there are always lovely. Can't even say you get what you pay for as Carnival is usually cheaper but better. Just wish Princess would keep a ship here over the winter months.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Yep. Not a great deal of choice with Brisbane departures in winter.

You QLDer's need to jump on your ships, as P&O has to discount Encounter to fill it through the winter. It is an awesome time for a winter getaway to the tropics.

Watch out for Carnival when the 25/26 itineraries come out.

Jump? We practically bolted on board in our haste to get to the tropics in May/June. So, we did our bit (and dragged some willing friends along) to assist in filling Encounter.😂

We honestly don't mind P&O, but it would be nice to have a choice of cruise lines out of Brisbane in winter.

• Like 3

On 10/14/2023 at 11:46 AM, arxcards said:

You QLDer's need to jump on your ships, as P&O has to discount Encounter to fill it through the winter. It is an awesome time for a winter getaway to the tropics.

Watch out for Carnival when the 25/26 itineraries come out.

Personally, it depends. As QLD goes into school holidays 1 -2 weeks earlier than NSW, it was cheaper for me to fly, accom, uber + cruise from Sydney than Brisbane doing sch holidays.

I did this for the last 2 cruises on Adventure, will do it for Majestic, then again in June 24 for Splendor. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zetta83 said:

Personally, it depends. As QLD goes into school holidays 1 -2 weeks earlier than NSW, it was cheaper for me to fly, accom, uber + cruise from Sydney than Brisbane doing sch holidays.

I did this for the last 2 cruises on Adventure, will do it for Majestic, then again in June 24 for Splendor. 

School hols do make a difference, and they are regularly staggered a week. I get to negotiate this holiday traffic at Hexham each holidays as I get about my work, and those overlapping Fridays and Mondays are unbearable.

In the winter is still slim pickings though - a P&O ship in either Brisbane, Sydney or a couple of cruisesout of Cairns, plus Splendor out of Sydney. We used to love flying up to Brisbane for a week on Pacific Dawn during the winter, but no more. We now do the early and late bits of cruise season, and are flying up for Coral in February, Luminosa & Diamond the following February.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

School hols do make a difference, and they are regularly staggered a week. I get to negotiate this holiday traffic at Hexham each holidays as I get about my work, and those overlapping Fridays and Mondays are unbearable.

In the winter is still slim pickings though - a P&O ship in either Brisbane, Sydney or a couple of cruisesout of Cairns, plus Splendor out of Sydney. We used to love flying up to Brisbane for a week on Pacific Dawn during the winter, but no more. We now do the early and late bits of cruise season, and are flying up for Coral in February, Luminosa & Diamond the following February.

Yes  Pacific Dawn was my first ship, perfect size for me. Encounter and Adventure are quite the same and just lacks some character. That's just me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zetta83 said:

Yes  Pacific Dawn was my first ship, perfect size for me. Encounter and Adventure are quite the same and just lacks some character. That's just me.

We have enjoyed cruises on Star & Golden Princess.

The initial launch and styling of places like Blue Room, Angelo's, Waterfront were great in 2015 when revealed on Eden & Aria. Still the same menus except for some missing favourites, so it is all too cookie-cutter for us. With nothing new for us to try on P&O, there is no interest until they change things up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zetta83 said:

We were always fans of Dawnie. I agree Encounter lacks that special something that Dawn had.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

We were always fans of Dawnie. I agree Encounter lacks that special something that Dawn had.

She was our first ship too - I had never seen a cruise ship up close until we arrived at Portside. I thought she looked incredibly big. 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

She was our first ship too - I had never seen a cruise ship up close until we arrived at Portside. I thought she looked incredibly big. 😀

We too thought Dawnie looked incredibly big, Leigh!😂  When we first spotted Encounter we thought she looked small. Understandable since our cruise prior to that was on Symphony of the Seas! Must say I prefer the smaller ships.

Cee

17 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

We too thought Dawnie looked incredibly big, Leigh!😂  When we first spotted Encounter we thought she looked small. Understandable since our cruise prior to that was on Symphony of the Seas! Must say I prefer the smaller ships.

Cee

I loved Sawn and Pearl but then we moved on to try Princess and love the Grand size ships. We have resisted the larger Princess ships so far but the way it is going we may not be able to in the future. We have only been on one RCCL ship - Voyager of the Seas, so not a really big ship like Symphony of the Seas.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, possum52 said:

I loved Sawn and Pearl but then we moved on to try Princess and love the Grand size ships. We have resisted the larger Princess ships so far but the way it is going we may not be able to in the future. We have only been on one RCCL ship - Voyager of the Seas, so not a really big ship like Symphony of the Seas.

I've tried Royal and Majestic, and Ruby which is one of the extended Grand class ships. We won't be doing any of those again so I guess we'll have to stop cruising on Princess in a couple of years.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've tried Royal and Majestic, and Ruby which is one of the extended Grand class ships. We won't be doing any of those again so I guess we'll have to stop cruising on Princess in a couple of years.

You could always step-up to Sun or Star 🤣

• Like 1