Land & Sea - LIVE (nearly) from Amsterdam and ms Rotterdam 15 day Atlantic Sojourn - October 7th, 2023

kazu

16 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Caviar Exclusives is a Dutch company.  

But who knows the source of the actual product!

https://www.caviarexclusives.com/kaviaar

translating the web site it appears that all it is farmed and comes from China.

hat is why the first tests of controlled breeding were carried out in the middle of the 20th century. Farmed caviar has been marketed for about twenty years, with increasing success. Since April 1, 1998, the CITES convention has restricted the fishing of endangered species. The main exporting country of caviar is China. 

It is now the Chinese who provide exceptional caviar, which is highly sought after by connoisseurs and gourmets.

This Chinese caviar comes from semi-breeding sturgeons, which are bred in the freshwater of the Armoer River. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Jacqui - Thanks for saying that your M & G was successful. I have been on several HAL cruises, but I never went to a M & G because I thought it would be embarrassing if people complained to the staff about things. Since you said that everyone at your

M & G were respectful, I'm glad that my stepfather and I are signed up for the M & G that crystalspin will be hosting on the Zuiderdam in July 2024. Thanks for all your info.

It is very helpful and appreciated. I love the photos of food too!

• Like 6

We are well, just busy!  Our Roll call organized many fun activities.  I particularly enjoyed the book club facilitated by @Auburn Traveler.  On Tuesday we discussed The Hiding Place and yesterday we met to discuss banned books.  Very interesting discussions.  @kazu organized a fantastic cabin crawl on Wednesday.  A special thanks to those who volunteered to let us tour their cabins.  We attended a special Mariners lunch yesterday that included a lobster starter and a choice of filet or fish for the main course.  The sun is shining.  I’m enjoying the warm weather and the pool.

IMG_8394.jpeg

Edited by 0106
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

good morning.  

I am SO confused.  I did a slew of posts yesterday and none of them are here 😱 

and I think I deleted some of the pics.

Going to try to back track and see if I can catch up.  🤷‍♀️ 

Here is today’s programme:

IMG_2448.thumb.jpeg.88c3063824acace4f84790add18470bc.jpeg

IMG_2449.thumb.jpeg.c5b2316d8366b30021a3dfc338ba615f.jpeg

IMG_2450.thumb.jpeg.fe480e6078c7e16e87200839d94b301e.jpeg

IMG_2451.thumb.jpeg.6dc91db55cc00cc2a1345ed15d3d4c29.jpegIMG_2451.thumb.jpeg.6dc91db55cc00cc2a1345ed15d3d4c29.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

@js1357I’ve walked through the Lido when the movies are showing.  Smallish crowd.  Loungers arranged for viewing.  Popcorn smells good.  Nice snacks available at the New York Pizza & Deli.

The new(ish) Indiana Jones movie was shown in the Main Stage Monday night.  I know some people who went and enjoyed it.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, js1357 said:

@0106 @kazu I notice in the daily that the movies outside aren't recognizable titles and/or recently removed from the theaters.  Have you been to any or know anyone who has?  

Haven’t been but some have and enjoyed the ones they watched.

Crowds are not large as Tina said.

I suspect the humidity might be deterring some.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

sad to say another roll call member has been hir by a medical issue.  

Unlike the previous 2 that suffered from falls in the ports she is in the medical centre on meds and will be medically disembarked in Fort Lauderdale.  😢. They were scheduled to stay on for the next segment.

My prayers are with her 🙏 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 12

1 minute ago, bennybear said:

Looks so lovely!  And the book club!  What a great idea!  Makes me consider a TA,  being a bit of a fairweather sailor, I’m not sure but it looks great! 

I can honestly tell you Brenda that having been on a number of these TA’s - very few days are truly “rough” weather.  

Captains are very good at re-routing to avoid the worst of the storms.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Has anyone been to Half Moon Cay that can help me?

Is there internet there?  I’m not sure if we will be able to tender but with the way the seas are, it’s looking promising.  Haven’t been there in years an if there is, I will take my Ipad.

Hoping there is but not sure if Navigator works there or not.  Thanks if anyone knows.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

@kazu Jacqui, I know that I had cell phone service on HMC and was able to send emails. That was several years ago. 
I can’t believe your trip is almost over, sad face

THANK YOU so very much 🙂 

That’s a big help.

• Like 5

Backtracking before this Ipad dies.

Mariner lunch and reception.

IMG_2412.thumb.jpeg.2b3bd2c23401075a46a22656a2814745.jpeg

The reception was very full.  Nice to see it back but it was quite short.  But the bitterballen was good 😊 

IMG_2413.thumb.jpeg.70981cf986041b26541afc94df9c423c.jpeg

IMG_2414.thumb.jpeg.d27fbbde06b0e5216936739799a08441.jpeg

What I REALLY liked was that after the medals were given out they called Cornelius and his wife up and of course the famous Joska and their new service dog in training.

IMG_2418.thumb.jpeg.c57497805a94b247c013ddf835fab172.jpeg

IMG_2422.thumb.jpeg.54f2a1f7df82d69800ee2822cc5c65ed.jpeg

Nicer still that we went to lunch earlier so we could get started before the rest came in.

the lobster was lovely bites and cooked well.

IMG_2423.thumb.jpeg.915576ca50646d62e818a85dba26fe8b.jpeg

the fish was perfection.  This ship can cook fish (except the PG)

IMG_2427.thumb.jpeg.a6291cf98f14b0043cc243bf17827923.jpeg

Salad was lovely.

IMG_2424.thumb.jpeg.348ba13cb22414d9f22eb47dbecf98d9.jpeg

IMG_2426.thumb.jpeg.f46bd1a70ffcbd2ea1744c017a97eecf.jpeg

IMG_2428.thumb.jpeg.f160aaa5757202d0bd2e1b528f3b3d66.jpeg

The chocolate was delish but way too rich for me.  LOL

IMG_2429.thumb.jpeg.173de3c4bf95ab73fbc4b390b6f79d48.jpeg

Mariner’s lunch which I would normally skip has really, really improved - at least on this ship.

everyone was impressed and well worth going to .

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

What caught my attention in the gala menu was the Slightly Less Than Perfect Manhattan. That may be the same as the Not So Perfect Manhattan, which is 2 parts Bourbon (higher proof preferred), 1 part sweet vermouth, 1/2 part dry vermouth, and orange bitters.

Now I want one right away. I swear, I do think about things other than alcohol. I have class at 4:00 and I have only ever attended one class drunk, on the day that Nixon resigned. The professor was visiting from University College Dublin and didn't seem to object.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

My goal is to get as many sea days as Joska has. Somehow, I don’t think it will happen 🚢😀

And Joska's replacement is already racking up the sea days!! 🤣🦮 We met them on last year's 150th TA (no replacement 🦮 then), Joska was the hit of the Crow's Nest as she visited with everyone until needed.

• Like 8