Wonderland and Diet Restrictions

LuCruise

My husband has a severe allergy to mushrooms and all fish and seafood. If he gets a mushroom he can't run to the bathroom quick enough.  When we went to Wonderland we explained the food allergy to the waiter. RCCL takes food allergy's very seriously.  The menu is a little odd so we didn't know what to order so the waiter ordered for us and everything was amazing. The best part is they have this mushroom cake for dessert.  My husbands big joke was he was finally able to eat a mushroom without getting sick. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is what we initially though as both of our kids are not that adventurous.  We made early reservations so that id we were still hungry we would still have time to hit the WJ.  Never needed to, more than enough to eat.

Thanks for sharing.  Great to hear that even the non-adventurous enjoyed!

36 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for sharing.  Great to hear that even the non-adventurous enjoyed!

If you want more pics I can post more, and what they are.
My husband is not adventurous at all... If it's not broken, why change, It drives me crazy sometimes!! OK, that's a lie, it drives me crazy all the time lmao 
I have had to introduce him to new foods, some he liked and some not so much but he at least tries things now. 
I introduced him to cruising (or my parents did) he did NOT want to go on a cruise. Now he loves it. 
The list goes on and on
When I book a cruise now, his first question is, does it have Wonderland? 😄

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

That is how the Halibut is prepared... 
I have had it 3 times and it was fantastic each time. But like I said above, I fell in love with the Branzino 
Edit to add one of my pics 

20170227_221127.jpg

I've had the Halibut and it was delicious. The Short Rib is great too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LilBlackDress said:

If you want more pics I can post more, and what they are.
My husband is not adventurous at all... If it's not broken, why change, It drives me crazy sometimes!! OK, that's a lie, it drives me crazy all the time lmao 
I have had to introduce him to new foods, some he liked and some not so much but he at least tries things now. 
I introduced him to cruising (or my parents did) he did NOT want to go on a cruise. Now he loves it. 
The list goes on and on
When I book a cruise now, his first question is, does it have Wonderland? 😄

Sure if you have them handy and no trouble.  Lol...Good that you all convinced him to try cruising!

Edited by LuCruise

On 10/1/2023 at 11:32 AM, LouChamp said:

Aloha. There are some videos I believe on a website not to be named lol. It is a very interesting and enjoyable experience and the best part is if you not not pleased with a particular course there is always the windjammer lol 

Thanks for recommending to watch some videos. I'm booked in here for my Anthem cruise in February but I seriously think I'm going to pass. I don't eat fish, I don't eat deviled eggs, I'm gluten-free, and I'm allergic to peanuts. It doesn't look like I'd have much to eat for that much money.

On 10/1/2023 at 3:06 AM, bonsai3s said:

Wonderland, Ovation...before our meal, the waiter asked if we had any dietery restrictions.

I said, "Yes, I'm allergic to shrimp".

During our meal, I had difficulty breathing, and excused ourselves from the table. (I did not want an "Alpha, Alpha, Alpha") We went straight down to the medical unit.

The nurses and the doctor were outstanding. The doctor said that I may have been served something with shrimp in Wonderland...after a 5 hour stay in the medical unit, the doctor released me...I was fine.

* My medical bill was $1,702.17...ultimately reimbursed by our health insurance.

I think you may have posted this before because I remember this story and this restaurant.  It's one of the big reasons I personally don't like going to these types of venues due to my food allergies.  Yes, I know it probably doesn't happen that often, but for me, being cautious is helpful.  

• Like 1

We enjoyed our visit at Wonderland with 2 family members that are lactose intolerant (not an anaphylactic reaction) and do not like seafood. It’s very scary that 2 others are reporting possible shrimp cross contaminations.

We had read that the wait staff like to order for you and suggest items. So, we studied the menu and lots of on line pictures, so we could request certain items. Some items we ordered, that you don’t see mentioned often, are the Wonton Soup, Baby Vegetables in the Garden, Crispy Crab Cones (made without the crab) and the Magic Mushroom dessert. 

Again, we don’t have life threatening allergies. And, slightly picky adults. The rest of us let the wait staff order other items for us. 

I only have a picture of the Wonton Soup and Crispy Crab(less) Cones. 

If you have a nut allergy, you will not want to order The World dessert, that has peanut butter, I think. 

IMG_1631.jpeg

IMG_6263.jpeg

Edited by Mom*3

24 minutes ago, Mom*3 said:

We enjoyed our visit at Wonderland with 2 family members that are lactose intolerant (not an anaphylactic reaction) and do not like seafood. It’s very scary that 2 others are reporting possible shrimp cross contaminations.

We had read that the wait staff like to order for you and suggest items. So, we studied the menu and lots of on line pictures, so we could request certain items. Some items we ordered, that you don’t see mentioned often, are the Wonton Soup, Baby Vegetables in the Garden, Crispy Crab Cones (made without the crab) and the Magic Mushroom dessert. 

Again, we don’t have life threatening allergies. And, slightly picky adults. The rest of us let the wait staff order other items for us. 

I only have a picture of the Wonton Soup and Crispy Crab(less) Cones. 

If you have a nut allergy, you will not want to order The World dessert, that has peanut butter, I think. 

IMG_1631.jpeg

IMG_6263.jpeg

Mom*3, thanks for the advice and sharing the pictures.  Appreciate it!  Good idea to study or look at the menu beforehand.

P.S. - For us, DH can have peanuts...just not things like hazelnuts, walnuts, etc.  Thankfully he's not anaphylactic but he has had a couple times he needs to step out and take a Benadryl.  (He will ask specific questions about food in the MDR and have them verify with the kitchen if any tree nuts, but doesn't like to mention his allergy as a whole when they ask as he doesn't want to be treated differently - but for something like Wonderland, he would say something)

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I think you may have posted this before because I remember this story and this restaurant.  It's one of the big reasons I personally don't like going to these types of venues due to my food allergies.  Yes, I know it probably doesn't happen that often, but for me, being cautious is helpful.  

Yes, I have posted it before...yes, being cautious is helpful. Thanks!.

• Like 1