Cruise Critic Awards

mauibabes

I just breezed thru the results of the Best Of for the Mid Sized Lines and was very pleased to see Oceania CLEAN HOUSE. No one said O was perfect but Best Overall, Service, Dining and Accommodations suggests they are doing something right.  I prefer to look at things from a positive perspective and not dwell, rant or rave about the negative.  I share my experiences and humble opinions.  When we have negative experiences, we share it with O; be it in meetings with Maitre d’s, Restaurant Managers or F&B Dir., ship surveys or even letters to the O executives. They can not fix what they do not know to be wrong and we find them to be committed to Excellence. 

Thank you to all the guests who have moved on from the mass market lines and found the Oceania niche and appreciate the value we get with each and every Oceania cruise.  Congratulations Oceania, you deserve the accolades. Again, JMHO. 

Vista in two weeks, 🙏👍😇🤞🛳️❤️
Mauibabes

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

I just breezed thru the results of the Best Of for the Mid Sized Lines and was very pleased to see Oceania CLEAN HOUSE. No one said O was perfect but Best Overall, Service, Dining and Accommodations suggests they are doing something right.  I prefer to look at things from a positive perspective and not dwell, rant or rave about the negative.  I share my experiences and humble opinions.  When we have negative experiences, we share it with O; be it in meetings with Maitre d’s, Restaurant Managers or F&B Dir., ship surveys or even letters to the O executives. They can not fix what they do not know to be wrong and we find them to be committed to Excellence. 

Thank you to all the guests who have moved on from the mass market lines and found the Oceania niche and appreciate the value we get with each and every Oceania cruise.  Congratulations Oceania, you deserve the accolades. Again, JMHO. 

Vista in two weeks, 🙏👍😇🤞🛳️❤️
Mauibabes

@mauibabesCan you provide a link to the results?  For some reason I can not seem to locate them. Thanks!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

@mauibabesCan you provide a link to the results?  For some reason I can not seem to locate them. Thanks!

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/cruiserschoice_index.cfm?Category=Overall&sort=small

I had trouble because I didn't notice the Large, Midsize, and Small buttons below the pull-down menu for different categories (food, service, etc.). Every time I chose a new category it reverted to the Large ships, so click on relevant Size-button every time you change category.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

Sorry, but gotta wonder about #1 in "Best Cabins" after sailing in an R-class non-suite.

Maybe those CC folks don't bathe?  😉

But, O's #1 in Best Cabins is for mid-size cruise lines, i.e. O-class ships, not R-class ships.

The above link is incorrect...it is for small cruise lines.  Here is the correct one for O's class:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/cruiserschoice_index.cfm?Category=Overall&sort=medium

You can go and click on other awards below:  dining, cabins, service, etc. and then click on "Mid-sized cruise lines" near the top.

I do find it interesting with how the categories sizes of the various lines was chosen.  All Viking Ocean ships hold 930 passengers which is between O's 4 R-class ships and its 3 O-class ships.  I wonder how O would have compared with Viking Ocean.

13 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

Indeed!  But 4 ships to 3, what category should O be in?

File me under "overly picky", I guess.

Just flawed Survey. 

One cannot act as if the R ships don’t exist in a Survey. 

O does multiple things wonderfully. They need to be applauded for what they do well. These types of surveys generate more skepticism than interest.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

Indeed!  But 4 ships to 3, what category should O be in?

Yes.   😉

The R-ships are smaller than Viking Ocean's in size and pax number, the small ship winner.

The O-ship are closer in pax number to the smaller HAL ships, number 2 in mid-size.

So 690 vs 1250.

15 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Just flawed Survey. 

O does multiple things wonderfully. They need to be applauded for what they do well. These types of surveys generate more skepticism than interest.

They are in the survey, under small cruise ships...or least they should be, and didn't make the grade.  But I still like them...and I do bathe, but in  a PH 😁.

Edited by 1985rz1

41 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

I got as far as best in dining and decided to go no further.
#1 Virgin. #2 Celebrity. #3 Norwegian. 
IDK. Maybe it’s just me. 

That's for large-size cruise ships.  O is #1 for medium-size cruiseships.  HAL is #2, Disney is #3.

Edited by 1985rz1

57 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Just flawed Survey. 

Agree.

Few things that stood out:

Oceania should be in a small ship category, not mid ship. Oceania in the same category as Holland? Seriously? Viking is under small ships and Oceania mid ships?

River cruise - Viking #1, ahead of Amawaterways? Uniworld not even in the top 3? Seriously?

This is not serious..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ak1004 said:

Agree.

Few things that stood out:

Oceania should be in a small ship category, not mid ship. Oceania in the same category as Holland? Seriously? Viking is under small ships and Oceania mid ships?

River cruise - Viking #1, ahead of Amawaterways? Uniworld not even in the top 3? Seriously?

This is not serious..

Uniworld blows the other river cruise lines away . Not even competitive.

So, Oceania was top rated among mid-sized cruise lines. a category it doesn't belong in.

I believe this was to make sure that the top advertisers got their participation trophies, no matter what twisting was needed to make it so.

As previously stated, this was worthless.

4 hours ago, Pandazoo said:

I’m more interested in CDC health ratings than a biased ad sales oriented survey.  Very happy O is tops there. 

👍  and even better, the actual report that shows what was wrong and what was done.

"Cruise Ship Inspection Search":

https://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionSearch.aspx

PS: The inspections can only happen when a ship reaches a US port, so no Vista report yet.

6 minutes ago, Pandazoo said:

Vista has been in US ports

Yep.   But only recently enough to have not yet rolled "random inspection".  Or is it they have and the report is "moving at the speed of government"...?

Edited by Snaefell3
Added thought
  • Haha 1