Starting my Wonder research

BillOh

I’d really appreciate a copy of the entertainment sheet for the Western Caribbean itinerary. While I DO know how to find it in the app I find it way easier to work with using the sheet they give you onboard rather than flipping back and forth through the app. 

We have traditionally been late MBR people but these days the one of us who is not a night owl is having a lot of trouble staying awake for those late show times even though he loves seeing the shows. We also have friends sailing with us on this cruise and they’re not night owls either. 

Barry and I switched to early dining on the four day leg of our recent Allure cruise which we were able to make work but kept our late dining time for the three day leg because we were able to find 7PM shows on two of the three nights and had Coco Beach Club 😋🦞🥩😋 so we simply skipped the MDR on the third night because we were stuffed from lunch. Well, we did grab a couple slices of pizza 🍕 but that was plenty for us. Anyway, I’d love to see the show schedule for Wonder Western Caribbean so I can try to figure out if we can make our late dining work or if we’ll have to either switch to early dining or just make other plans for dinner. We sail September 8.

@BillOh and/or @OCSC Mike, I’d really appreciate it if you would post a copy of your entertainment schedules. Hope you both have great cruises on Wonder and any other Wonder specific tips or things not to miss would be appreciated as well.

• Like 1

How to look at current sailings in the app…

Click on the little calendar at the top above “Day One” —> click “Change Ship/Dates” at the bottom —> click “Browse our ships” at the very bottom —> choose whatever ship you want, then the dates.

I’ll try to remember to post the entertainment schedule but apologies in advance if I don’t. I don’t normally pay any attention to it and my blogs wind up mostly being about food, lol.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 10:15 PM, BillOh said:

Watch here on CC for another BLUE COLLAR DIAMOND + review here around June 6th or so. I think  my last cruise planning decision is to decide if I am still taking my camera (Canon) or leave it home and just use my phone.  My phone usually goes in the safe as soon as we leave port, but now with needing to use their app so much I might have to have it out quite a bit.   

It will depend on how much memory your phone has and if you are planning on taking just photos or videos.  When I did the Wonder TA I only took photos on my phone and I was fine.  But for our Panama Canal cruise last month I took mainly videos and kept maxing out my iPhone storage.  I had brought a stick to download my videos to, but I had a horrible time with it.  I don't have much memory on this phone so I plan on upgrading next year and getting a phone with a lot more storage before the Allure TA since I expect to take a LOT of video on that cruise.

Edited by Teeara
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, BillOh said:

Yes, as prepared as I need to be. I did learn something new watching her sailaway yesterday.  I have loved the cantilevered 100_0483.thumb.jpg.272e8c54ae93737481499fd23be5a4b5.jpgs since they came out on Freedom. 

The ones on Allure, Oasis and Sypmhony look nice, but I think I spotted on Wonder the glass goes all the way to the bottom making it an infinity hottub?

Go to 5:10 on my Pool Deck video.  You can make out that it looks like it's an infinity hot tub ;o)

On 5/20/2024 at 11:34 AM, BillOh said:

Yes, as prepared as I need to be. I did learn something new watching her sailaway yesterday.  I have loved the cantilevered 100_0483.thumb.jpg.272e8c54ae93737481499fd23be5a4b5.jpgs since they came out on Freedom. 

The ones on Allure, Oasis and Sypmhony look nice, but I think I spotted on Wonder the glass goes all the way to the bottom making it an infinity hottub?

Yes they do on wonder

Hello all, after all the wait, I am here in Orlando relaxing for a few days before the cruise.  Thanks for getting me this far!

• Like 5

On 5/21/2024 at 4:52 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Click on the little calendar at the top above “Day One” —> click “Change Ship/Dates” at the bottom —> click “Browse our ships” at the very bottom —> choose whatever ship you want, then the dates.

I’ll try to remember to post the entertainment schedule but apologies in advance if I don’t. I don’t normally pay any attention to it and my blogs wind up mostly being about food, lol.

Thank you so much for taking your time to help me. I found it!!!!   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Hello all, after all the wait, I am here in Orlando relaxing for a few days before the cruise.  Thanks for getting me this far!

Looking forward to your review and pictures.

When is the cruise?

6 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Thank you so much for taking your time to help me. I found it!!!!   

You're welcome. Just paying it forward. I learned much of what I know about RC and cruising from the forums.

• Like 4

On 5/21/2024 at 4:52 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Mike, I love hearing you talk about food! I’m not going to try to keep up with you in that department! 

I plan on following you on that other site you’ll be posting on and give you a gentle reminder about the entertainment schedule. 😄

12 hours ago, BillOh said:

Bill & Gina, welcome to hot, sunny Orlando! Please remember to stay hydrated! Outdoor temps in the mid to high 90’s the rest of this week and if you’re going to any of the parks remember that all of that concrete makes it feel even hotter. Barry and I were in Busch Gardens on Monday with an actual high of 90 and hydration and sunscreen were essential.

I’ve been wanting to make a Grills or Fishlips run because we haven’t been in a while but and was thinking maybe this weekend but then I realized it’s Memorial Day weekend 😱 so that trip will not be happening. We’ll be waving at you from the webcam instead. 

Hope you have a great cruise!  I’ll be following along with your review. 😎

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, perfect match said:

I plan on following you on that other site you’ll be posting on and give you a gentle reminder about the entertainment schedule.

Please do.

26 minutes ago, perfect match said:

Outdoor temps in the mid to high 90’s the rest of this week and if you’re going to any of the parks remember that all of that concrete makes it feel even hotter. Barry and I were in Busch Gardens on Monday with an actual high of 90 and hydration and sunscreen were essential

I’d melt. My running joke is that we go to the Caribbean in the summer to cool off.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Please do.

I’d melt. My running joke is that we go to the Caribbean in the summer to cool off.

We pretty much did melt. We had planned to stay until park closing at 6:00 but at about 4:30 we looked at each other and both said that it was time to go because we were melted. We stopped for dinner near the park to cool off, rehydrate more than we’d already been doing, and let most of the rush hour traffic get home before we made the drive. That was definitely a good idea. 💡

• Like 1

10 hours ago, perfect match said:

Bill & Gina, welcome to hot, sunny Orlando! Please remember to stay hydrated! Outdoor temps in the mid to high 90’s the rest of this week and if you’re going to any of the parks remember that all of that concrete makes it feel even hotter. Barry and I were in Busch Gardens on Monday with an actual high of 90 and hydration and sunscreen were essential.

I

Hi Nancy!  Heading to magic kingdom today!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Hi Nancy!  Heading to magic kingdom today!

You'll be down the road a ways from me... we can see the MK fireworks from our neighborhood and they rattle our pool cage.

Stay safe in that heat! I'm headed for my couch and A/C controlled living room, lol.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You'll be down the road a ways from me... we can see the MK fireworks from our neighborhood and they rattle our pool cage.

Stay safe in that heat! I'm headed for my couch and A/C controlled living room, lol.

Wow, you’re very close. We’re far enough away that we can hear the fireworks but that depends on how think the humidity is……does it get annoying after awhile?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

One more thing @BillOh...

If it fits your plans, there will be a night time drone show at Disney Springs over the summer and the very first performance is tomorrow night. It looks very cool. Just thought I'd mention. Plenty of restaurants there for dinner of course. We love Art Smith's Homecomin' (Southern food, fairly similar to Mason Jar) and there's a cookie place called Gideon's that's amazing.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

https://www.disneysprings.com/entertainment/disney-dreams-that-soar/

https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/chef-art-smiths-homecomin/

(You don't need reservations, we've gone on the early side and walked right in.)

https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/gideons-bakehouse/

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 3

Just now, lovesthebeach2 said:

Wow, you’re very close. We’re far enough away that we can hear the fireworks but that depends on how think the humidity is……does it get annoying after awhile?

Nah, we're used to it. It's background noise at this point (been here over 20 years). It's more like a minor rattle and doesn't last long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Nah, we're used to it. It's background noise at this point (been here over 20 years). It's more like a minor rattle and doesn't last long.

I see in my post I meant to say how thick the humidity is….

i guess I see how you can get used to it, I lived for 17 years a couple of miles away from where Grumman tested all their jets over and over and over. We would hear (and see)  the F14s and A6 jets doing all the fancy very cool maneuvers and they were so loud things on the walls shook and we had to stop conversations until they flew past. We also got used to that.

We also were near the Grucci fireworks factory and would see and hear their fireworks tests.  Unfortunately when their facility blew up, everything fell off the walls. It was sad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

they were so loud things on the walls shook and we had to stop conversations until they flew past. We also got used to that.

Yeesh, yeah, it's nothing like that, lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

One more thing @BillOh...

If it fits your plans, there will be a night time drone show at Disney Springs over the summer and the very first performance is tomorrow night. It looks very cool. Just thought I'd mention. Plenty of restaurants there for dinner of course. We love Art Smith's Homecomin' (Southern food, fairly similar to Mason Jar) and there's a cookie place called Gideon's that's amazing.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

https://www.disneysprings.com/entertainment/disney-dreams-that-soar/

https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/chef-art-smiths-homecomin/

(You don't need reservations, we've gone on the early side and walked right in.)

https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/gideons-bakehouse/

Love Art Smith's too.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Watched your sailaway this evening on the Port Canaveral Webcam. Remembered to turn it on just in time. I was surprised to see Symphony docked at the Carnival dock but fun to watch Wonder sail past Symphony.

Hope you and Gina have a great cruise! 

Here’s a screenshot of your sailaway from Port Canaveral Webcam.

http://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com

IMG_3180.jpeg

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, perfect match said:

I was surprised to see Symphony docked at the Carnival dock but fun to watch Wonder sail past Symphony.

Yeah, Symphony's current standard itinerary has her docking here on Sundays. It's the only Oasis class ship missing from my bingo card but at least I'll get to see her.

Someone at the other site will be on Symphony next week and we joked about an excursion to visit the ship next door.

• Haha 1