Is this the Future of all Observation Lounges?

BirdTravels

7 hours ago, PATRLR said:

the ships are still going out full, so, all these cuts aren't yet affecting revenue.

Load factor doesn`t equal revenue !

None of us has a real exact overview of how the booking situation currently is and even more important how the average price per day per cabin has changed or developed.

Yes, at first look it seems it went up...

25 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Yes.  But, Bird sometimes seems to have some insight that others don't.  What was drawn certainly is plausible. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this is being contemplated somewhere within NCL.

With all due respect, Bird has no insight here.

She doesn't have the blueprints for the Joy refurb and there is zero evidence that anything will ever be done with the other observation lounges on the other ships.

This thread is only providing agita to the not so experienced who believe almost anything.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yakcruiser said:

Our observation lounges on all are ships will now require a fee to access. You can pay a one-time fee of $19.95 or for your convenience you can buy a 7-day pass for $79.99.

I think you meant to say a daily fee of $19.95, a 7-day pass would be a one-time fee for the entire cruise...

6 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

With all due respect, Bird has no insight here.

And you know this how? Of course you skipped right over the "sometimes" in my post which means I am acknowledging the fact that Bird may not have any insight into this specific issue.  

So the relevant parts of my post, the parts I stand behind remain:

"What was drawn certainly is plausible. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this is being contemplated somewhere within NCL."

5 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

And you know this how? Of course you skipped right over the "sometimes" in my post which means I am acknowledging the fact that Bird may not have any insight into this specific issue.  

So the relevant parts of my post, the parts I stand behind remain:

"What was drawn certainly is plausible. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this is being contemplated somewhere within NCL."

I know because in all of my years on CC and reading Bird's posts, she has never claimed to work for NCL. And if she doesn't work for NCL, she doesn't know.

And, I didn't skip over anything.

You made a statement, then I made a statement.

You made another statement, then so did I.

And what was drawn is not plausible in my humble and reasonable opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

No - you don't understand.  You get both rooms so you can be assured of being on the best side of the ship for scenic viewing.

I feel sorry for the room steward who gets assigned the lower numbers that week. 😆

Raised DSC? 😈

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bkrickles1 said:

I know because in all of my years on CC and reading Bird's posts, she has never claimed to work for NCL. And if she doesn't work for NCL, she doesn't know.

I never said that Bird knew anything. Read carefully:

2 hours ago, PATRLR said:

Bird sometimes seems to have some insight that others don't.

Can't get much less committal to actual knowledge than that.  You took the one part of my statement that was the least definite, and decided to comment on that.  Whatever.

And, I didn't skip over anything.

You made a statement, then I made a statement.

Well, OK.  Just seems odd to me that you felt the need to comment on the least definite part of my statement, but so be it.

And what was drawn is not plausible in my humble and reasonable opinion.

Why is it not plausible?  There used to be staterooms where part of that OL is now.

Edited by PATRLR

28 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Why is it not plausible?  There used to be staterooms where part of that OL is now.

Lmao 😂! Thanks for the funny reply. 

I was referring to any drawings that showed alterations to the OL on Encore or Bliss. 

Most everyone on here knows about Joy and it's scheduled refurb and why they're so easily able to convert part of the ol into cabins. 

No worries! 

We’re on the Getaway.  Last cruise was on the Gem and before that the Bliss.  This ship seems really crowded without a forward lounge.  No place to sit, relax with a drink and book like we enjoyed in the forward lounges.

37 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

If there's one thing I've surmised about the Bird -- it's that she's loving this....

I think there's a word for that on the internet.  That said, I hope you're right, but I believe that she sincerely is trying to be "insightful" here.  That's a tough thing for most of us.

2 minutes ago, hallux said:

That's just someone stirring the pot.  they did a wonderful job of it, didn't they?

No.  They did a crappy job (I guess you know that as well 🤣).  It was immediately obvious to 100% of the smart kids here on the forum.  It is a pathetic attempt to stir the pot.  Likely targeted at steerage passengers who love the OLs and don't waste money on the Haven.  Some folks know no bounds.

That said, I misinterpreted your post Hallux, as you obviously are among the smart kids here.  I thought you bought into this crazy, but now realize that you're smarter than that.  If only everybody was, these threads would find no audience.😎

Fun times!! (until somebody gets banned)

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, PATRLR said:

All that being said, the ships are still going out full, so, all these cuts aren't yet affecting revenue.

they don't affect revenue on previously booked cruises. many traveling now booked their cruises long before many of these cuts were put into place. if there is an impact, it will be for future cruises. once having sailed with the cutbacks, or the reduction in lounge size or additional fees for this and that, people may reconsider traveling again on NCL.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

We were obviously taking about the Bliss and Encore renderings.  Everybody knows that the Joy is a done deal (sadly).

Sigh.  I don't know who the "we" is in your statement, but my comment was directly related to my "plausible" statement and the Joy certainly contributes to the "plausibility", at least in my thought process.