solo rooms on Royal Caribbean ships

Which ships have them? Trying to plan a family vacation in Fall of 2025. Wanted to know what ship to start with a Caribbean Cruise I know the cruises are far from being posted but just wanted for my own reference. Thanks !

I cruise solo, with and without friends, and I much prefer a Promenade View or Virtual Balcony cabin.  Just that extra light in the room makes a big difference to me. Plus, the cabins are 167-180+ sq feet.

Solo traveler tip -- the Studio Interior cabins are almost never listed on RCI's web site.  A phone call to RCI, or a good travel agent can see availability for them.

Solo traveling for a family vacation?  Yes I want my own cabin all to myself.  I love my family, but I also like my "alone time".  Obviously @smokeybandit you are one of the "Happily Married" crowd, you don't have the context to understand.

Edited by gmerick
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, gmerick said:

Solo traveler tip -- the Studio Interior cabins are almost never listed on RCI's web site.  A phone call to RCI, or a good travel agent can see availability for them.

Solo traveling for a family vacation?  Yes I want my own cabin all to myself.  I love my family, but I also like my "alone time".  Obviously @smokeybandit you are one of the "Happily Married" crowd, you don't have the context to understand.

I can tell on the rcl site when they are there. It shows a much lower price. Then when I click thru the price changes. I can tell. Also cant be named but there are some sites that show 2W or whatever they are.  I have 1 pax listed so they do come up, but not obvious unless you know what to look for on rcl site.

I like smokeybandits comments lol. 

And I'm also the one who booked radiance for a 10 day with a inside gty, as a solo and got assigned one of these crappy tiny cabins with just a twin bed. I thin 106 sf. If I pay a solo supplement for a gty I dont expect to get one of these. 

Edited by firefly333

I have a solo ocean view balcony on Odyssey 8 night southern cruise in April. Deck 7 so above the lifeboats and no obstruction ( so it says). Price was right. I travel on long distance Amtrak trains in a full bedroom. 3 days 2 nights. Couch that turns into a bed, mirror and sink, chair, big window for viewing and bathroom/shower combo. Its 42 sq ft and it works! The 120 sq feet in the Odyssey will seem big 🙂

Edited by RJ257
spelling
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, LynandBill said:

Which ships have them? Trying to plan a family vacation in Fall of 2025. Wanted to know what ship to start with a Caribbean Cruise I know the cruises are far from being posted but just wanted for my own reference. Thanks !

I think the larger ones Anthem, Wonder etc have them I  have just booked on for Anthem T/A in April. They have a few but not many not as many as NCL.

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

I think the larger ones Anthem, Wonder etc have them I  have just booked on for Anthem T/A in April. They have a few but not many not as many as NCL.

Regarding NCL, yes they are finally jumping on having something outward facing (and so many are acting like they're being so innovative with it now *eye roll*), but most of theirs are still little more than indoor padded coffins.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Regarding NCL, yes they are finally jumping on having something outward facing, but most of theirs are still little more than indoor padded coffins.

You need a special keycard to access the solo cabin area on NCL larger ships. They have their own bar/lounge area within for solo's to mix. I think that makes up for the coffin like appearance of the rooms.

3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

You need a special keycard to access the solo cabin area on NCL larger ships. They have their own bar/lounge area within for solo's to mix. I think that makes up for the coffin like appearance of the rooms.

It's the forced mixing for me. No thank you. I might cruise solo, but that doesn't mean I'm wanting to mix and mingle with the solos. It may be a selling point for some, but absolutely not for me. And if I'm not mistaken, the lounge is still completely inside.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ace2542 said:

@firefly333 I booked into 9269 for the eastbound T/A. Seems like I have done well to get it I think they are now only about 3 left for that sailing maybe 4.

Ok but idk which TA you are on, which ship. There arent that many of these cabins to start with. My objection when I was assigned one on radiance was I had just broken my wrist badly and was sleeping with it propped up on pillows and sleeping surrounded by pillows both side. I couldnt have slept in a twin bed. Some ships it's one twin bed. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Ok but idk which TA you are on, which ship. There arent that many of these cabins to start with. My objection when I was assigned one on radiance was I had just broken my wrist badly and was sleeping with it propped up on pillows and sleeping surrounded by pillows both side. I couldnt have slept in a twin bed. Some ships it's one twin bed. 

Anthem of the seas next April NJ-Soton. According to the website only seems to be a handful left. I am happy I got one because I wasn't looking forward to maybe having to pay 2 flight costs for both beds in the cabin. I wasn't sure if I would get the second bed cruise only.

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Anthem of the seas next April NJ-Soton. According to the website only seems to be a handful left. I am happy I got one because I wasn't looking forward to maybe having to pay 2 flight costs for both beds in the cabin. I wasn't sure if I would get the second bed cruise only.

I'm a little confused, but if I'm reading it right... Unless you're booking 2 people in a cabin, you wouldn't have to pay for 2 plane tickets - even if you're in a regular cabin as a solo. You'd just be buying the ticket for yourself. (That being said, you'll often find better airfare deals on your own rather than going through the cruiseline.)

I wouldn't wait too long to book that solo cabin if you're going to. I'm in one on the Anthem in February. There were 3 or 4 left when I booked and less than a month after I did they were gone.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 7:37 PM, RJ257 said:

I have a solo ocean view balcony on Odyssey 8 night southern cruise in April. Deck 7 so above the lifeboats and no obstruction ( so it says). Price was right. I travel on long distance Amtrak trains in a full bedroom. 3 days 2 nights. Couch that turns into a bed, mirror and sink, chair, big window for viewing and bathroom/shower combo. Its 42 sq ft and it works! The 120 sq feet in the Odyssey will seem big 🙂

I've been all around the country on Amtrak, sometimes over eight nights and always do it in a roomette, which I believe are about 4 by 6 or 24 sq ft and I love it. A solo cruise cabin feels huge next to that.

• Like 1

I got a solo balcony on Quantum next year Alaska 7d $1200. I was looking for solo cruises and noticed balcony was super cheap compared to the other room types. Clicked on it and it was a solo balcony.... Booked. 

Haven't seen another one come up on the website. I need to get a royal TA. The princess one I use is really good. 

Edited by Pinballs83

15 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I'm a little confused, but if I'm reading it right... Unless you're booking 2 people in a cabin, you wouldn't have to pay for 2 plane tickets - even if you're in a regular cabin as a solo. You'd just be buying the ticket for yourself. (That being said, you'll often find better airfare deals on your own rather than going through the cruiseline.)

I wouldn't wait too long to book that solo cabin if you're going to. I'm in one on the Anthem in February. There were 3 or 4 left when I booked and less than a month after I did they were gone.

Already booked one for the T/A in April there are only about 3 left now I think maybe 4

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 4:40 PM, smokeybandit said:

I know there's context missing, but a topic about solo rooms for a family vacation is kind of amusing.

Great place to stick the mother in-law 🙂 

(even the father in-law might agree)

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Does anyone know if you also receive the Royal Upgrade offers if you have booked one of the single cabins?

IDK about RCCL, but I did when I was in a solo IV cabin on Celebrity Edge. I didn't bid for anything because you do have to pay double for that - so if the minimum was $500, it would have been $1000 for me. No thank you.