Club Balcony Perks Question

cruiser2015

I was wondering how a couple of these items are executed.

A bottle of sparkling wine on embarkation.

How is it provided? To the cabin? Is it available to use in a dining room?

Treats delivered twice a week.

That will be 4 times for my January cruise.

Who decides what days? Are there options or is it a set plate or platter?

I usually grab a couple of cookies and/or fruit from the buffet to take back to the cabin for snacks. Is this an upgrade to the more common stuff?

Complimentary Laundry.

Is it correct to assume that you can submit one bag anytime during the cruise?

The wine will be in your mini-fridge. You have to pretty much be willing to drink anything, like me, to even tolerate it. No reason you couldn't bring it to the dining room.

Don't remember any rhyme or reason on treat delivery. They just magically show up in the afternoon. We always thought they were good.

If I recall correctly, the free laundry bag also shows up randomly, but if it's not there, I'm sure your room steward will be happy to get you one.

• Like 1

You might receive some information, in the room, about your included CBS amenities.

The bottle of sparkling wine will be in your room... (You might need to ask your stateroom attendant to bring you ice and ice bucket, if you want one).  The bottle is "take it or leave it, they will NOT exchange!

You have no say as to when the treats will be delivered, nor, what treats you will receive!

(We received chocolate 4 covered strawberries once, and 3 cookies the second time.)

The cookies are much like you can get in the buffet.

The complimentary laundry will be made available around mid-week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

I was wondering how a couple of these items are executed.

A bottle of sparkling wine on embarkation.

How is it provided? To the cabin? Is it available to use in a dining room?

I usually grab a couple of cookies and/or fruit from the buffet to take back to the cabin for snacks. Is this an upgrade to the more common stuff?

Complimentary Laundry.

Treats are delivered to all Club rooms at the same time. Don’t get your hopes up, it is like a plate of cookies or plate of pound cake. 

Laundry can be sent out any day. 

The wine is left on the counter in your stateroom. This is what was in our room today. It is the pre-pandemic brand. 

IMG_1482.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Treats are delivered to all Club rooms at the same time. Don’t get your hopes up, it is like a plate of cookies or plate of pound cake. 

Laundry can be sent out any day. 

The wine is left on the counter in your stateroom. This is what was in our room today. It is the pre-pandemic brand. 

IMG_1482.jpeg

Thanks, Bird. I'll keep my expectations dialed down.

Pre-pandemic...is that a new vintage description?

No doubt it's aged at least a day or two.

• Haha 1

I felt the biggest perk was the 5 day head start on dining reservations.   Of course the laundry bag (which our room steward said you could do any day) is worth something (maybe $30).   The treats aren't worth much.   Actually with a whole buffet available to you, it seems like a waste of the employee's time to bring a plate of two cookies to your room, etc.  They should drop that. 

• Like 1

while they're certainly better than a stick in the eye, the "perks" for the club balcony. are really nothing to write home about, nor to get overly excited. yes, a free bag of laundry is nice, (you get the same if youre sapphire or above, and sometimes the strawberries get stuck to the plate or get mushy if you dont have them right away. i have never even opened to bottle of liquor in the cabin on any ncl cruise we've ever taken

1 hour ago, CCJack said:

I felt the biggest perk was the 5 day head start on dining reservations.   Of course the laundry bag (which our room steward said you could do any day) is worth something (maybe $30).   The treats aren't worth much.   Actually with a whole buffet available to you, it seems like a waste of the employee's time to bring a plate of two cookies to your room, etc.  They should drop that. 

49 minutes ago, complawyer said:

while they're certainly better than a stick in the eye, the "perks" for the club balcony. are really nothing to write home about, nor to get overly excited. yes, a free bag of laundry is nice, (you get the same if youre sapphire or above, and sometimes the strawberries get stuck to the plate or get mushy if you dont have them right away. i have never even opened to bottle of liquor in the cabin on any ncl cruise we've ever taken

I agree.

The mid-week bag of laundry was helpful, but the biggest reason we book this category of room is the larger bathroom.  We do also take advantage of the early access to dinner reservations, but that is still second to the larger bathroom.  We didn't get the sparkling wine on our last trip and the snacks were just normal cookies, which we didn't even touch.

23 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

Complimentary Laundry.

We were on a 38-day B2B cruise on the Jade last fall which were two 19-day segments. We got "treats" delivered in the afternoon on Day 2 and Day 4 of each leg and that was it. So not sure what they actually mean when they say "Treats delivered twice a week".

4 hours ago, ventigirl said:

The mid-week bag of laundry was helpful, but the biggest reason we book this category of room is the larger bathroom.  We do also take advantage of the early access to dinner reservations, but that is still second to the larger bathroom.  We didn't get the sparkling wine on our last trip and the snacks were just normal cookies, which we didn't even touch.

Funny thing - I had thought that the extra 5 days for the dinner res opening was only for full suite cabins. So, I waited until the 120 day mark.

In booking three nights, I think there was one that I did a few minutes later. The other two I got exactly what I wanted. Now I know better for the next time.

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We were on a 38-day B2B cruise on the Jade last fall which were two 19-day segments. We got "treats" delivered in the afternoon on Day 2 and Day 4 of each leg and that was it. So not sure what they actually mean when they say "Treats delivered twice a week".

Sounds like a job for the cookie police.   😠

• Haha 1

We booked Club Balcony suite, when checking dinning reservation times, (says too early to book,check back on Nov.3 (the 120 day option )

if i sign into account at 125 days, will it open that 125 day option?

Edited by elliotlake12

3 minutes ago, elliotlake12 said:

We booked Club Balcony suite, when checking dinning reservation times, (says too early to book,check back on Nov.3 (the 120 day option )

if i sign into account at 125 days, will it open that 125 day option?

Yes. I got that message too ( to try at 120 days).    It should let you in at 125 despite what it says now.