Marina November 1 “Holy Lands and Treasures” Itinerary Changes

GeorgiaPeach51

New itinerary just sent by Oceania; Egypt is now deleted.  I feel for the poor staff dealing with this, and heaven help the poor shore excursions folks.

DATE

NEW ITINERARY

November 1, 2023

Istanbul, Turkey

November 2, 2023

At sea

November 3, 2023

Mykonos, Greece

November 4, 2023

Piraeus, Greece

November 5, 2023

Santorini, Greece

November 6, 2023

Gythion, Greece

November 7, 2023

Corfu, Greece

November 8, 2023

Dubrovnik, Croatia

November 9, 2023

At sea

November 10, 2023

Valletta, Malta

November 11, 2023

La Goulette, Tunisia

November 12, 2023

At sea

November 13, 2023

Barcelona, Spain

Edited by GeorgiaPeach51
  • Like 1

#125 - I think that's sound advice from your government. It is a fact that there are groups of people out there who just don't like the stance some Western governments have taken and may target their citizens 

Edited by Harters
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Psoque said:

Is Oceania telling all passenger of this itinerary an option to cancel for FCC?  Or are they still only doing this when asked?

I BELIEVE they are only doing this when asked.  We have received no mass emails that they are making any offers of any kind, and we surely would have been part of the batch send….they have no way to know who has or has not asked for an FCC and I’m sure they don’t have time to sort everyone before sending.  

The only emails we have received (other than the response to our FCC request) have been in regard to the two itinerary changes.

Joanie

2 hours ago, clojacks said:

Well, the US just did this....

Worldwide Caution: Due to increased tensions in various locations around the world, the potential for terrorist attacks, demonstrations or violent actions against U.S. citizens and interests, the Department of State

advises U.S. citizens overseas to exercise increased caution. More at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/worldwide-caution.html

The US State Dept. puts this kind of generic vague warning out all the time. I have seen this warning come and go over the years. It is actually common sense when traveling internationally. For those on this itinerary you have a security alert for Turkey/Istanbul

October 18, 2023 Location: ·     Throughout Turkiye ·     U.S. Consulate Adana Event: ·       The U.S. Consulate in Adana will remain closed to the public until further notice. U.S. citizens can reschedule their appointments to the U.S. Embassy in Ankara. ·       Large demonstrations related to events in Israel and Gaza are expected throughout Turkiye for the next several weeks. 

Edited by susiesan

4 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

I BELIEVE they are only doing this when asked.  We have received no mass emails that they are making any offers of any kind, and we surely would have been part of the batch send….they have no way to know who has or has not asked for an FCC and I’m sure they don’t have time to sort everyone before sending.  

The only emails we have received (other than the response to our FCC request) have been in regard to the two itinerary changes.

Joanie

I’m afraid Oceania is missing a great opportunity to proactively prevent interactions with more disgruntled customers if they actually contact all of the customers and lay out the options clearly.  But I guess they are not doing that because they are just too greedy, incompetent, or both.

1 minute ago, Psoque said:

I’m afraid Oceania is missing a great opportunity to proactively prevent interactions with more disgruntled customers if they actually contact all of the customers and lay out the options clearly.  But I guess they are not doing that because they are just too greedy, incompetent, or both.

No idea, since I have no Oceania experience, but I can say that if you are not on CC, where you can get news, help and ideas, and if you do not have a TA who is proactive in your behalf, you are up the creek and on your own, apparently.  Those folks don’t know what they don’t know, and I really feel sorry for them.  It pains me that only by writing to Mr. Ortega did we get the offer of the FCC.  I can only relate our saga.  Maybe they have done better than we think behind the scenes?

Joanie

7 minutes ago, Psoque said:

Are you on this cruise and have not been contacted or making assumptions based upon no concrete knowledge on what each person on the cruise has or has not received?  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, basor said:

Are you on this cruise and have not been contacted or making assumptions based upon no concrete knowledge on what each person on the cruise has or has not received?  

I am not on this cruise.  But what I am saying is this:  If Oceania is just allowing for FCCs for those who insist, and not making this opportunity known to everyone on this particular itinerary, they are being very shortsighted.  That’s my take on this issue.

7 minutes ago, susiesan said:

See my post 134. There are travel/security warnings for Turkey.

I'm glad my next vacation in January is not a cruise, it is a safari in Uganda.

Uganda is “level 3…reconsider travel” according to the same body in the govt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Uganda is “level 3…reconsider travel” according to the same body in the govt. 

I know that. I am going to be on a private safari with a local ground operator. There will be 4 of us traveling together, we will not be wandering around anywhere without our guide. A large reason for the warning is Uganda's stance on LGBTQ issues.

22 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

New itinerary just sent by Oceania; Egypt is now deleted.  I feel for the poor staff dealing with this, and heaven help the poor shore excursions folks.

Thank you for coming back to CC to update us on your situation.  I hope you will enjoy Oceania when you do sail on her.  I read your live posting on your Celebrity Mexico cruise and really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I know that. I am going to be on a private safari with a local ground operator. There will be 4 of us traveling together, we will not be wandering around anywhere without our guide. A large reason for the warning is Uganda's stance on LGBTQ issues.

You might want to check out Tuesday's fatal attack of tourists and their guide at Queen Elizabeth National Park. What has been reported does not indicate that the LGBTQ issue had anything to do with it.

• Like 2

Here is a general question.  Oceania has responded with the FCC amount, and they are saying, in writing, that they will not include in the FCC any of the two restricted business charges of $1899 and $1799, air differential of $1800 and custom sir fee of $175 pp for a total of $5,673 or $11,346 per family.

is this normal?  If so, it certainly makes me regret booking air with O rather than directly with the airlines.  

in addition, we paid $1,115 pp for shore excursions, and that is also not included in the FCC.

does anyone have any suggestions regarding these exclusions?

Thanks,

Joanie

10 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

You might want to check out Tuesday's fatal attack of tourists and their guide at Queen Elizabeth National Park. What has been reported does not indicate that the LGBTQ issue had anything to do with it.

I just saw the article about this on TripAdvisor. I have contacted the TA who is getting in touch with the local operator. I have 3 months to think about this. The only deposit I have made so far I have pays for the gorilla trek permits which are not refundable.My airline tickets are awards so they can be cancelled and the miles re deposited at no charge. If it is still unsafe at Queen Elizabeth NP in January, where we are scheduled to be for 2 nights, I'm sure the safer operator will go somewhere else in Uganda.

29 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Here is a general question.  Oceania has responded with the FCC amount, and they are saying, in writing, that they will not include in the FCC any of the two restricted business charges of $1899 and $1799, air differential of $1800 and custom sir fee of $175 pp for a total of $5,673 or $11,346 per family.

is this normal?  If so, it certainly makes me regret booking air with O rather than directly with the airlines.  

in addition, we paid $1,115 pp for shore excursions, and that is also not included in the FCC.

does anyone have any suggestions regarding these exclusions?

Thanks,

Joanie

I should add that yesterday we received a letter stating that the only air not reimbursed would be the air differential of $1800 and the custom air fee of $175.  Now, today brings this different FCC offer from a different person.  Call us confused.  There is a huge financial difference.